ATG world gen settings

Mahoka

Jul 29, 2019
So we're about to flip our server to the latest update and I decided to test out ATG. It has a a much more smooth height map, and the appearance of rolling hills, which I like, but we noticed two problems: There is too much hill/mountain going on, and on a given world a few biome types seem predominant even though all the weights are set to 1. Anyone know ways to improve upon this world gen tool? Otherwise we must stick with Biomes o' Plenty world gen

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
I believe there's a setting for the heat map to oscillate from hot to cold to hot, etc as you continue north and south. That definitely helps with biome diversity. Beyond that, I guess add some weight to the biomes that you enjoy seeing and disable the ones you don't.

SlightlyVisible

Jul 29, 2019
Word of advice. If your planning on updating your world to 1.7 change the default biome IDs so they don't conflict with 1.7's new biomes.

Gabry_R

Jul 29, 2019
Same porblem here: tried Tristam's advice but didn't change anything: I always have the same biomes(tundra, dunes, arctic, alpine forests and a few others) occuring, with nothing else spawning. This is pretty weird and it is getting very annoying

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
I actually asked the author a few days ago about the compatibility between BoP and ATG and he told me that the last 'official' stable release of BoP is so old that it doesn't have the compatibility in it, and that I would need to update to one of the more recent development builds in order to get that factor into the game. I haven't tested it yet myself, but it's a consideration if you're hoping to see some BoP biomes in ATG world generation. Beyond that, your concern is much the same as mine; you really need a fair bit of climate and biome diversity in a modpack world these days or quite a few mods can become completely stonewalled. I'd love to know if anyone manages to solve that dilemma, either through config tweaking or some other option.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Um. The version that ships with all the FTB packs is ATG compatible and is the last recommended BoP build for 1.6.x

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
Um. The version that ships with all the FTB packs is ATG compatible and is the last recommended BoP build for 1.6.x
Is it? That's good to know for when I get back to testing it. Last time I tried to work with ATG in FTB, every single world seed I used got me an island made up of Steppe and everything else Ocean. It was very strange. Haven't messed with it since, so I'm just relaying what information I've gathered in the meantime.

Gabry_R

Jul 29, 2019
Just saw your post on the mc forums ^^
Anyone found a solution? I'm really thinking of just playing on a normal BoP world, by right now, 'cause I can't wait any longer to make the series start D:

iiowyn

Jul 29, 2019
Is it? That's good to know for when I get back to testing it. Last time I tried to work with ATG in FTB, every single world seed I used got me an island made up of Steppe and everything else Ocean. It was very strange. Haven't messed with it since, so I'm just relaying what information I've gathered in the meantime.
That was due to config issue with that release.