Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Solar panel + time torch/tile accelerator =?
Equals cheap compact solars? Either that or a crash or exploding cables and machines, I would guess. And shouts from various forum members that include the word "overpowered."

So, I've got an abundance of RF, but I need to convert it to EU to power a terraformer (made my house in a desert, and expanding downward is a pain in a desert). Any ideas on how to do this efficiently/easily?
A popular option is to use the RF to run a Magma Crucible filled with cobblestone, then burn the lava in geothermal generators. However, you'll need a lot of crucibles and igneous extruders to produce the cobblestone, and it's hardly efficient, as it converts 10 RF into 1 EU, if I remember correctly, as opposed to the traditional 4:1 rato. Melting down netherrack is MUCH more efficient, but you'll need to quarry the Nether every once in a while or grow some Magical Crops to produce it.

Alternatively, if you have RotaryCraft, you could use a Magnetostatic engine to power the that mod's terraformer instead.

Loxinnightwalker

Jul 29, 2019
So, I've got an abundance of RF, but I need to convert it to EU to power a terraformer (made my house in a desert, and expanding downward is a pain in a desert). Any ideas on how to do this efficiently/easily?
MFR has a Lava Fabricator, and it uses any power I think. So I don't know about how much power it gives, but I think that it would be a good way to go on that.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
DW20's Let's Play (Season 6 Ep. 108) yesterday uses rednet cables from Minefactory Reloaded to connect 2 MFE's and converts EU to RF. I don't know but is it possible that the setup could work in the other direction (RF to EU)?

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
What does the Blizzy effect on the Gelid bee do? I can't seem to find any info anywhere :confused:

edit: Well, it doesn't seem to spawn Blizzes like I was fearing at least. :D

Last edited:

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know what this is yet?
PtVt3Jp.jpg

It's driving me nuts.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Guys I can't deal with all the freaking recipes in pams harvestcraft.

Is there a mod/addon/utility/hotkey/prayer that will look at an inventory full of ingredients and list all the meals I can make with it?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Guys I can't deal with all the freaking recipes in pams harvestcraft.

Is there a mod/addon/utility/hotkey/prayer that will look at an inventory full of ingredients and list all the meals I can make with it?
Crafting Table III? I don't know, I haven't touched that mod since MC 1.2.5 in *shudder* Tekkit.

I can, however, guarantee you that Applied Energistics can help a lot with the crafting. Yes, it's a lot of recipes, but if you just automate the base ingredients in things, you can request the ones you need, then shift-click NEI's question mark button in the ME Crafting Terminal GUI to automagically put the items in the crafting grid.

Reactions: Pyure

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Ah. Thanks for all the other information regardless. How does one use retrogen? Is it a console command?
I think it generally works like this:

1. Set the option in the mod's config
2. Enter the world, and move around in it
3. As chunks are loaded, they are retro-generated
4. Log off, and the mod turns the option back off automatically

So you have one chance to visit as much of your generated world as you wish, and those areas will have retrogen applied. Of course different mods can do this differently, I guess they could store a matrix of retro-generated chunks or tag the chunks themselves in the NBT so you could do retrogen over a number of sessions.

Made_You_Look

Jul 29, 2019
How does one get the creative/filled/cheaty MystCraft notebook in the current version of Monster?

Am sick of farming hundreds of emeralds and trekking to a village to try and get "Clear Modifiers". I have tried a whole bunch of stuff, including spawning it while in creative, spawning it from the creative tabs, looked in the config, yada yada.

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
How does one get the creative/filled/cheaty MystCraft notebook in the current version of Monster?

Am sick of farming hundreds of emeralds and trekking to a village to try and get "Clear Modifiers". I have tried a whole bunch of stuff, including spawning it while in creative, spawning it from the creative tabs, looked in the config, yada yada.
You tried going into Creative mode (not Creative+) with the Mystcraft tab? What problem did you have?