Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
*Forum Related Question! :D*

Is it possible to lose an throphy? For example, the ratio ones - if your ratio goes down, do you lose the throphy you had already gotten?
nope. Once you are awarded a trophy it won't be removed unless a moderator does it.

Reactions: Padfoote

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
Not if you bolt it to the ground and protect it with your life.

I can just imagind an army of Lawbrokens and Jadedcats coming in my direction and me using a broken table was a shield - hugging my throphy, hearing the "Exterminate!" sounds. And I'm just saying something like: "My precious... It's going to be okay, just close your eyes..."

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
1.7.2 question. Are there any liquid storage blocks? I mean.. a lot of liquid storage. Im trying to build my bedrock base and just on the first lava pool I came on I filled 3 drums and Im maybe halfway through this pool. The only possible storage mods I have are EnderIO, Extra Ultities and Buildcraft. Im not using IC2 or Railcraft And open blocks isnt available for 1.7.2 or else Id have them. ;; Are drums my only option? The super drum isnt available to me atm and I already ate through all my iron building everything to make my 3 drums + pump. I dont want to make 10 more drums and use all my iron on that so Im kinda hoping some mod Im not thinking of that isnt IC2 or Railcraft might have a massive liquid storage.

Just as a comparison. Drums from Extra Ultities hold 256 buckets. And I filled 3 of them from one overworld lava patch. So I need something that can hold a LOT. The space doesnt matter, I just dont want to spend... 4 + 7 + 6 uhh.. 17 iron per drum.

And if someone can think of a non railcraft/IC2 mod for 1.7.2 feel free to tell me. As it is Im going bananas.

I dont even know what to do with this lava now that I have it either. Im thinking lava generator but I want to make a Bank first to hold my RF atleast.... Which is more iron.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
1.7.2 question. Are there any liquid storage blocks? I mean.. a lot of liquid storage. Im trying to build my bedrock base and just on the first lava pool I came on I filled 3 drums and Im maybe halfway through this pool. The only possible storage mods I have are EnderIO, Extra Ultities and Buildcraft. Im not using IC2 or Railcraft And open blocks isnt available for 1.7.2 or else Id have them. ;; Are drums my only option? The super drum isnt available to me atm and I already ate through all my iron building everything to make my 3 drums + pump. I dont want to make 10 more drums and use all my iron on that so Im kinda hoping some mod Im not thinking of that isnt IC2 or Railcraft might have a massive liquid storage.

Just as a comparison. Drums from Extra Ultities hold 256 buckets. And I filled 3 of them from one overworld lava patch. So I need something that can hold a LOT. The space doesnt matter, I just dont want to spend... 4 + 7 + 6 uhh.. 17 iron per drum.

And if someone can think of a non railcraft/IC2 mod for 1.7.2 feel free to tell me. As it is Im going bananas.

I dont even know what to do with this lava now that I have it either. Im thinking lava generator but I want to make a Bank first to hold my RF atleast.... Which is more iron.

Not sure if extracells has updated for AE2, but if it has, there's fluid storage cells. they hold a ton and they fit inside an ME drive the same as item storage :)

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if extracells has updated for AE2, but if it has, there's fluid storage cells. they hold a ton and they fit inside an ME drive the same as item storage :)

AE2 in general doesnt seem early game anymore. Extracells even less so. Id honestly kill for open blocks for 1.7.2 right now. ;; The tanks technically hold less but god are they affordable. I guess my only real option is to just farm more iron and see if there is any 1.7.2 RF storage then I can use a lava generator to burn off my excess lava for something. I dont use lava generators atm cause the only RF storage is a bank from EnderIO which I cant create yet either. Man. Iron sucks. I have a bazillion copper and tin but I want iron more then I want diamonds.

MrCowle

Jul 29, 2019
*Not a technical question, more of an opinion based one*

So on my current DW20 world I spawned near two Natura redwoods. I have made one of them my home, and for a little bit I have started making it my base. However, I dislike the small amount of space and as I begin to move further up in the tree it gets even smaller. It will obviously not hold everything I will need it to hold in my world as I progress. It's not even big enough for a medium-sized smeltery. I really hate to have things just sitting around in my world; my smeltery sits randomly outside of my base and every time I pass it I feel more and more inclined to leave. I have done nothing with the second redwood and honestly right now I want to leave it and live in a real house, where each room has a designated purpose. I am still fairly early-game, My power generation consists of a single steam dynamo, and I just got my first quarry. so, I suppose I'm asking whether or not I should leave my redwood for a real house/mansion. Also, if yes, what are some good block combos for it?

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
With Mystcraft, is it possible to create a flat desert-only world that doesn't have any of the terrain alterations (caves, tendrils etc~~) [I can create a flat desert world but these monstrosities like tendrils always ruin it >: (]

E: From what I've read, there has to be some terrain modifiers. Thus, I've decided to make spheres of glass >: (

Last edited:

Ander Hammer

Jul 29, 2019
I've got a couple. They may not be quite so simple, but I've got to start somewhere.

1) Could a crash/specific mods somehow screw up mob spawning so that they no longer spawn in any noticeable quantity? At some point recently in Horizons SSP, monsters just don't spawn at night, and the Nether is quiet and boring. More importantly, is there way to fix/edit this?

2) How many mods does Biomes O' Plenty render infeasible? I can't find any fun GasCraft blocks and it's been proving difficult to find some Ars Magica 2 things as well. I suspect BoP biomes might also be hampering spawns of things like AM2's Dryad and Thermal Expansion's Blizz... which sucks, because I'd either have to try and find a vanilla biome somewhere and hope it will actually spawn Blizz/Dryads with the aforementioned spawning issues, or reset and lose several days of building and spellcasting.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
I've got a couple. They may not be quite so simple, but I've got to start somewhere.

1) Could a crash/specific mods somehow screw up mob spawning so that they no longer spawn in any noticeable quantity? At some point recently in Horizons SSP, monsters just don't spawn at night, and the Nether is quiet and boring. More importantly, is there way to fix/edit this?

2) How many mods does Biomes O' Plenty render infeasible? I can't find any fun GasCraft blocks and it's been proving difficult to find some Ars Magica 2 things as well. I suspect BoP biomes might also be hampering spawns of things like AM2's Dryad and Thermal Expansion's Blizz... which sucks, because I'd either have to try and find a vanilla biome somewhere and hope it will actually spawn Blizz/Dryads with the aforementioned spawning issues, or reset and lose several days of building and spellcasting.
1) This happened to me in Ultimate. Sorry I can't really help.
2) None. You've just been really unlucky.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
You could try switching to peaceful and then back, that will get rid of any accumulations of mobs that are preventing spawning due to numbers. If you have any mobs that you want to keep, like a charged creeper in a bottle, then snag it into a safari net or golden lasso first.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
AE2 in general doesnt seem early game anymore. Extracells even less so. Id honestly kill for open blocks for 1.7.2 right now. ;; The tanks technically hold less but god are they affordable. I guess my only real option is to just farm more iron and see if there is any 1.7.2 RF storage then I can use a lava generator to burn off my excess lava for something. I dont use lava generators atm cause the only RF storage is a bank from EnderIO which I cant create yet either. Man. Iron sucks. I have a bazillion copper and tin but I want iron more then I want diamonds.

Well, you could always spam huge amounts of oldschool buildcraft glass tanks until you are ready to make one of the bigger storage solutions. 8 glass will get you 16 buckets of liquid storage.

Ander Hammer

Jul 29, 2019
You could try switching to peaceful and then back

This seems like a basic thing, but I didn't try it until after posting. I did one better and used the CoFH kill all command near my base and around my Nether portal. In both instances, it reported killing over 70 hecates. Once they despawned, spawning resumed as normal in the Nether, at least. I'll have to test the overworld later, as night hasn't fallen, I don't have much time, and my base is a little well-lit tropical island.

So apparently the problem was just an overflow of hecates that refused to despawn and in fact stayed loaded no matter where I was on a given plane. Their spawn rate is now set to zero.

I hope this means I'll be able to find the other mobs I've been looking for... I actually need Dryads, and that's the only Ars Magica 2 'object' I haven't ever located.

just on the first lava pool I came on I filled 3 drums and Im maybe halfway through this pool.

This may not be very helpful to hear, but this turned out to be a useful tip for me. I'm having similar problems: as of yet, Horizons hasn't given me any significant RF sinks, and I'm trying to Ender-Thermic Pump a decent chunk of a Nether lake for purposes of berserking at swarms of Pigmen and actually collecting Ghast drops, the problem being storage for all the lava I can't burn. Drums are actually cheaper, if uglier, than Dynamic Tanks; I just haven't ever used them before, so I didn't think of it.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Well Im using drums but I filled up 5 and a half of them. Luckily I found a dungeon with cauldrons ripe for the picking so I saved a bunch of iron there. I still have nothing to use lava on though cause Im still in the problem of, there is noo much RF and no where to store it cause Thermal Expansion isnt on 1.7 yet

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Question:
Is there an online detector for Agrarian skies?
Something that outputs a redstone signal when I"m online, or even when there's just any player close by

I want to set up some processes that only run when I'm online, but still be within chunk loaded areas
Bump, anybody with an answer to this?

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
How can I transport only 16mB of molten tin to a casting basin?
I want to automate a Rough brownstone fabricator
Occasionally you could actually use just fluiducts for this, because they have a little delay between the brownstone filtering out, which from memory is enough time for something such as a hopper to reinsert gravel in. You'll need your buffer of gravel to be close, or use a hopper because item-ducts drawing from a chest too far away will miss that window.

Reactions: Miguel1118