Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

pderuiter

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure i'm doing something wrong, but i have a chest from which i want to pull items with an itemduct into barrels. I have it set to output (red), and i have a redstone signal (lever), but it just refuses to fill ma JABBA barrels, even though 1 is empty and the others have stuff in them that are also in the chest.

Galleleo

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to smelt-on-demand glass (or sand) to clear glass in ONE smeltery using an ME network while still being able to craft TiC items?

and hello everyone, i'm pretty new here :)

Galleleo

Jul 29, 2019
I recommend building another smeltery.

so I guess there's no way doing that in one smeltery... I managed to put an ME interface next to the smeltery controller and it put the sand in, but I couldn't figure out how to send a redstone signal that triggers the drain. Isn't there something that checks if liquid glass is in the smeltery to make it auto-redstone until it's empty?

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
so I guess there's no way doing that in one smeltery... I managed to put an ME interface next to the smeltery controller and it put the sand in, but I couldn't figure out how to send a redstone signal that triggers the drain. Isn't there something that checks if liquid glass is in the smeltery to make it auto-redstone until it's empty?

No need for redstone, a fluiduct set to extract can suck liquids out of the drain, and fill up basins and casting tables :D

Reactions: Galleleo

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
No need for redstone, a fluiduct set to extract can suck liquids out of the drain, and fill up basins and casting tables :D
Yeah, put a bucket of molten glass in the fluiduct and it'll only extract that. It will stop if there's some other fluid in the smeltery underneath the glass, so it's no good if you're one of those types that keeps a bunch of different molten metals in your smeltery.

Reactions: Galleleo

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Sorry if I've asked this before; I can't seem to find it via search.

Does anyone know of a block in any non-buildcraft mod that detects "Has Work" and such, similar to BC Gates?

I can get by at the moment with just "Has Work" but all the BC Gate block state detection would be handy.

Minor bump. Does Steve's Factory Manager (I believe its called) have a means to detect if a machine has work? Its sufficient if it can read whether a slot in a machine is occupied (for instance, if a furnace has coal in the fuel slot and silver dust in the top slot, it more or less "has work" at that point)

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Minor bump. Does Steve's Factory Manager (I believe its called) have a means to detect if a machine has work? Its sufficient if it can read whether a slot in a machine is occupied (for instance, if a furnace has coal in the fuel slot and silver dust in the top slot, it more or less "has work" at that point)

If that's the case, I think you can even do it with a vanilla comparator

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Yeah, put a bucket of molten glass in the fluiduct and it'll only extract that. It will stop if there's some other fluid in the smeltery underneath the glass, so it's no good if you're one of those types that keeps a bunch of different molten metals in your smeltery.

GenerikB (in the "Attack of the B-team" pack) uses a system that cycles the entire contents of his smeltery and filters each fluid into it's own basin for processing and auto collection. He uses a toggle to select each fluid to collect.

[Edit] Here's the episode... starts about 8 minutes in.

Direwolf20 uses a simple filtered fluiduct to drain glass to a dedicated basin, using a similar setup but manually selects the glass to drain first, and both also filter blood out of their villager smelter emerald farms the similarly, since you need to keep a bit of molten metal in the smeltery to kill the villagers.

Last edited:

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Does Steve's Factory Manager (I believe its called) have a means to detect if a machine has work? Its sufficient if it can read whether a slot in a machine is occupied (for instance, if a furnace has coal in the fuel slot and silver dust in the top slot, it more or less "has work" at that point)
Yes. You use a "condition", and you can constrain it to a single slot or a range of slots.

Reactions: Pyure

Galleleo

Jul 29, 2019

Thanks a lot for the advice! :D

Reactions: CptSpike

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
thaumcraft 4.1.0g. Scanning stuff (urgh) i get the you discovered a new clue thing, but while I have scribing tools and paper in my inventory I never get a research note. or did that change?

John.E

Dec 18, 2013
Doral, FL
thaumcraft 4.1.0g. Scanning stuff (urgh) i get the you discovered a new clue thing, but while I have scribing tools and paper in my inventory I never get a research note. or did that change?

It now shows up in the Thauminonicon (or however it's spelled). Click on the entry and it will give you a research note (you still must have paper/ink).

Reactions: Linda Hartlen