Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
I am trying to get a ardite bee. I have a ardite ore under my aveary. Using a mutatur block. Using a industrious princess and a infernal drone made from a rocky princess and drone.
Went thru this process 30+ times. still not even a sub ardite mutation. What am I doing wrong?

Jakkor

Jul 29, 2019
The problem is, at maximum power, redstone engines produce 1MJ/s, it's not even in the range of MJ/t, a sterling engine is 20x better than a redstone engine, and even that is pretty terrible at running machines. Redstone engines are good for wooden pipes and for pumps, that's about it though..
That's what I'm planning eventually. But visually it's not giving any indication of whether it's actually working.

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
I am trying to get a ardite bee. I have a ardite ore under my aveary. Using a mutatur block. Using a industrious princess and a infernal drone made from a rocky princess and drone.
Went thru this process 30+ times. still not even a sub ardite mutation. What am I doing wrong?

It isnt ardite ore it is an ardite block.

schyman

Jul 29, 2019
That's what I'm planning eventually. But visually it's not giving any indication of whether it's actually working.
Yeah, redstone engines no longer work on anything except pipes and pumbs (AFAIK - there might be something else).
I recommend for first engine, either a clockwork engine (costs 5 gold, 2 redstone, 1 iron); gives free energy at decent output (I think 3mj/t at full effect? unsure) but have to be cranked manually - or a hobbyist' steam engine (costs 1.5 gold, 1 iron, 1 redstone); uses charcoal, outputs as 1.6 stirling engines and requires a bit of water, but can run for quite some time without you manually doing anything.
Those are both good as starter engines. Redstone engines you probably shouldn't even view as engines, but rather just item/liquid pushers.

flummox

Jul 29, 2019
Can you manually add in RedPower2 (or whatever mod has the Project Table and Red Alloy Wire) into an FTB Unleashed server? If so, how?

Yeah, I know there is some damn dispute with the dev for the mod in question. But Jimmy crack corn and I don't care. These mods were made in the spirit of open source and should remain so. This stupid dispute about "rights" has ruined the Unleashed modpack.

So... is this possible?

flummox

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
Can you manually add in RedPower2 (or whatever mod has the Project Table and Red Alloy Wire) into an FTB Unleashed server? If so, how?

Yeah, I know there is some damn dispute with the dev for the mod in question. But Jimmy crack corn and I don't care. These mods were made in the spirit of open source and should remain so. This stupid dispute about "rights" has ruined the Unleashed modpack.

So... is this possible?

flummox

Its not in there because the version isnt out and wont be for a while. There is no dispute about "rights" to my knowledge. So, to answer your question, no.

Buzzarda333

Jul 29, 2019
When Direwolf 1.5 is updated to 1.6 will Biomes O' Plenty stay in the pack or will ExtraBiomesXL be added instead? I would like to know for creating a world for compatibility.

Colensocon1

Jul 29, 2019
What level dose the topaz's and rubys spawn on in bop 2 i know the biomes just not the levels been looking all morning :D

flummox

Jul 29, 2019
Its not in there because the version isnt out and wont be for a while. There is no dispute about "rights" to my knowledge. So, to answer your question, no.
"No" as in it is simply not possible to manually add this mod into a private server or single player game?

"the version"... which version? I stated RedPower2, but also said "whatever mod has Project Table...etc."

Thank you for the reply, but I am still left in the dark.

flummox

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
"No" as in it is simply not possible to manually add this mod into a private server or single player game?

"the version"... which version? I stated RedPower2, but also said "whatever mod has Project Table...etc."

Thank you for the reply, but I am still left in the dark.

flummox

The latest version of Minecraft RP2 works on is 1.4.7 and unleashed is on 1.5.2 so it is simply not possible. As for a mod that has a project table i dont think there is one but I could be wrong.[DOUBLEPOST=1377420781][/DOUBLEPOST]
The latest version of Minecraft RP2 works on is 1.4.7 and unleashed is on 1.5.2 so it is simply not possible. As for a mod that has a project table i dont think there is one but I could be wrong.

MFR(MineFactory Reloaded) adds rednet cable which is very similar to RP2 red alloy wire and adds a couple other things back in too such as block breakers(I believe it is a different name in MFR).

flummox

Jul 29, 2019
RedNet cable is not at all similar to alloy wire. Not at all. Alloy wire is similar to stock redstone placed on the ground. It IS NOT anything close to RedNet wire. I know it's fashionable to compare the two these days, but there is no comparison here at all besides carrying a redstone signal/current. That is where any similarities end. RedNet cable is annoying, bulky, buggy (yes, buggy. it crashes for me when i click on it with certain objects, such as a lever), and just downright NOT a replacement for the alloy wire.

Ugh. This is very sad. But, the things that Unleashed adds to the games does not currently outweigh the things that are lost through removal of RedPower2.

FTB Ultimate 1.4.7 for the win. Set. Match.

Thank you for the reply.

flummox

tobi1449

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone successfully connected ExtraUtils Transfer Pipes to a forestry multifarm?
The transfer nodes (for pulling out wood, ...) just work fine, however I can't get the pipes to connect so I can pump in fertilizer and dirt.

Smiletactician

Jul 29, 2019
Ok bro since no one else got any answer for you. You should learn to used Google you loser because it is clearly on this Wiki over here LOL L2Sreach

LOLz (usually i don't anywhere near this phrase) after watching direwolf SMP5. doing a not so amazing job with his ThaumRoom door. I know admittedly he's clearly states he no good (yet) at Rednet config (and if it works then cool). but i did not find this page.

the godsend of all RedNet config knowledge :D[DOUBLEPOST=1377434024][/DOUBLEPOST]Has anyone used platinum in the smeltery and if so, what are the results? i'm doing it now anyway but i though i may just get it out there and see if platinum is awesome or not?

Edit: so it melt and then not much like a transformer reforms into platinum again. Will not make any tinker constructs :( sad but I'll live

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
RedNet cable is not at all similar to alloy wire. Not at all. Alloy wire is similar to stock redstone placed on the ground. It IS NOT anything close to RedNet wire. I know it's fashionable to compare the two these days, but there is no comparison here at all besides carrying a redstone signal/current. That is where any similarities end. RedNet cable is annoying, bulky, buggy (yes, buggy. it crashes for me when i click on it with certain objects, such as a lever), and just downright NOT a replacement for the alloy wire.

Ugh. This is very sad. But, the things that Unleashed adds to the games does not currently outweigh the things that are lost through removal of RedPower2.

FTB Ultimate 1.4.7 for the win. Set. Match.

Thank you for the reply.

flummox
Wrong.
A RedNet cable is more comparable to alloy wire, yes, but it is a mix between that and bundled cable. Besides, it takes the same pseudo-block area as an alloy wire, it just removes movement area. So it takes the same space. It's more like a pipe, really. It is a substitute, and the RedNet controller is FAR more powerful than what you'd expect. Toy a bit with it.
It's far more powerful than RP2, and in terms of usage, it is much less laggy.
And if you want to get RedPower 2 back again using other mods, here the list is:
ComputerCraft - Machines
MineFactoryReloaded - Alloy Wire and Tubes (now Conveyors!)
Engineer's Toolbox - Machines
RedLogic - Alloy Wire
MFFS 3.0 Calclavia - Frames
Tinker's Construct - Vorpal and Gem Tools
Natura - Flax
Buildcraft - Machines and Tubes (Pipes, in this case)