Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
is there an easy steel production manner without RC
If you're on Mindcrack or Ultimate, you could use the Industrial Blast Furnace from GregTech.
(http://feed-the-beast.wikia.com/wiki/Industrial_Blast_Furnace)

and my second question is if there is a known bug with the mode chance key M cuz it does not work in my MC
Iirc, the "M" key is by default used by the minimap - it was like that for me, so I switched the minimap to use "-" instead, which in turn made the M key work for my Jetpack again (which i suppose is your problem with "mode")

Scetath

Jul 29, 2019
tnx for the awnsers
but the m key still does not work
(@freakscar yeah i chanced my map key to N so that should not be the problem)
not when im flyin with my jetpack
and rightclick Mdoes not chance my mininglaser mode

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
You need to remap the mode switch key. We're not sure what interferes with it, but trying to remap other things (such as the minimap) doesn't work. You must remap the mode switch key itself.

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
You need to remap the mode switch key. We're not sure what interferes with it, but trying to remap other things (such as the minimap) doesn't work. You must remap the mode switch key itself.

^^This. I speak from experience, I changed the mode switch key to "N", works fine.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Several mods use M by default for specific features so to fix this you would have to find every mod that uses the M key and reassign all but one to another key.

The IC2 mode switch is the one most people actually need though, so as said before just move it to N and you should be fine.

Makin911

Jul 29, 2019
Say i want to start a new world, but i want to bring me all my ME Encoded assembler patterns from applied energistics. How would i go about doing this? or is it even possible?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Say i want to start a new world, but i want to bring me all my ME Encoded assembler patterns from applied energistics. How would i go about doing this? or is it even possible?
If you can take the encoded pattern item out into your inventory, you could copy the Players\Makin911.dat file (or whatever your minecraft user name is) across to the new world save directory. I don't know AE very well so I don't know if the patterns are something that you can take out.

Reactions: Makin911

Makin911

Jul 29, 2019
If you can take the encoded pattern item out into your inventory, you could copy the Players\Makin911.dat file (or whatever your minecraft user name is) across to the new world save directory. I don't know AE very well so I don't know if the patterns are something that you can take out.
Yeah, that would work!:) thanks!

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
How can I use the information from the goggles of revealing to decide if an area is a good place for Thaumcraft?
High aura (the blue stuff in the vial at the bottom left) is good, flux is bad (if it says moderate etc).
It's a good idea to go and physically find the node, which will appear when you wear the goggles and looks like a floating orb thing. There are different kinds, but basically you want a white one which you can eventually purify once you're further into Thaumcraft; if it's red, run, if it's blue or black then look for a different home. Also, don't set up near those barrow hills, because they contain MASSIVE evil nodes; the size shows how powerful the node is, so big is a pro if the node is a good one, but bad if it's evil.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
High aura (the blue stuff in the vial at the bottom left) is good, flux is bad (if it says moderate etc).
It's a good idea to go and physically find the node, which will appear when you wear the goggles and looks like a floating orb thing. There are different kinds, but basically you want a white one which you can eventually purify once you're further into Thaumcraft; if it's red, run, if it's blue or black then look for a different home. Also, don't set up near those barrow hills, because they contain MASSIVE evil nodes; the size shows how powerful the node is, so big is a pro if the node is a good one, but bad if it's evil.

Also to add to this the really bad nods look basically like black holes.

If you can not find the node it might be in something or underground. Get a thuam meter. (the thing you used to make the goggles) and hold it in your hand it will point to the closest node with its glowy bit. Just follow that.

TheHoblit

Jul 29, 2019
How do I unload items off of a steve's carts tree farming cart?
And:
How many generators can a teir 5 blaze spawner sustain?

tabs

Jul 29, 2019
1. Use a cargo manager adjacent to an advanced detector rail. You'll probably want a cargo distributer too. The first few minutes of this video explains it.

2. No idea. I hear they've been nerfed recently by a lot, but not sure if that's just for heat based power.

Coolkrieger3

Jul 29, 2019
Also to add to this the really bad nods look basically like black holes.

If you can not find the node it might be in something or underground. Get a thuam meter. (the thing you used to make the goggles) and hold it in your hand it will point to the closest node with its glowy bit. Just follow that.

Thanks for the info. It looks like the place I was thinking would be good for my new base, is not a good place after all.

Take a look at this:

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
On the topic of dark nodes:
If I merge a dark node with a larger pure node, will the resulting node still be pure? Or can only ordinary nodes be 'purified' in this way?

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
What keys do you press to place all stacks of one type in your inventory into another inventory?
1. take 1 stack from the inventory you are transferring from (normal left click), stack size doesn't matter.
2. Hold Shift, and left click on an empty stop in the other inventory.

It should deposit correctly, as long as there is space.

Please keep in mind that your quickbar is considered not being part of your main inventory, and is rather a different one.
Do also note that where you took the stack from (first click) does matter, it will set the inventory as the "source".

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
What keys do you press to place all stacks of one type in your inventory into another inventory?
1. Shift + Spacebar and Leftclick = All items in Inventory or Hotbar are moved to the other inventory.
2. Shift + CTRL and Leftclick = All items of the same type in Inventory or Hotbar are moved to the other inventory.

Reactions: PCPuddin

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
How do I unload items off of a steve's carts tree farming cart?
And:
How many generators can a teir 5 blaze spawner sustain?
As a baseline: if you just drop your blazes into a pool of water and kill them with water damage, 1 shard can barely support 12 generators. Adding in melee turtles will up that number a bit, as will a piston system to move the blazes away from the spawner faster. However, 12-13 generators is what I'd shoot for because that's basically enough to keep up with a machine that pulls MV current. Plus, I like having at least some blaze rods around.