Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Yijare

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe i'm blind... but what mod can be uses, aside from Extrautil2, to feed an Extreme Reactor enough water, to steam-power 4 turbines off of it?

T

Tyler_BMN

Maybe i'm blind... but what mod can be uses, aside from Extrautil2, to feed an Extreme Reactor enough water, to steam-power 4 turbines off of it?
Try an EnderIO reservoir and whatever pipes are the best, maybe even the pressurized fluid pipes of EnderIO itself?

Yijare

Jul 29, 2019
so easy... and still i didnt see it.

edit

pressurzed conduits: 100mb/t
ender conduits: 200mb/t

somehow i feel cheated...

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I take it you're talking about turbines from another mod?
If you're using Extreme Reactors Reactor + Turbine, the simplest method is to place them adjacent with matching input/output fluid ports. You can create a closed water loop that way.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Am I missing something,or is there no way to disable weeds in AgriCraft in 1.10? I can delay them and reduce the chance for them to spread, but I see no way to disable them as I could in 1.7. If I can't disable weeds, I'll abandon a terrific mod. That mechanic (outside of themed packs, maybe) has no place in my world.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Am I missing something,or is there no way to disable weeds in AgriCraft in 1.10? I can delay them and reduce the chance for them to spread, but I see no way to disable them as I could in 1.7. If I can't disable weeds, I'll abandon a terrific mod. That mechanic (outside of themed packs, maybe) has no place in my world.
Should be in the config, last I looked. That being said, I generally leave it be since it's worth babying the crops early on, and you can get multiple cuttings once it's 10/10/10.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Should be in the config, last I looked. That being said, I generally leave it be since it's worth babying the crops early on, and you can get multiple cuttings once it's 10/10/10.

I wouldn't complain in most cases, but I've spent two hours and several stacks of crops waiting for my wheat to improve. The weeds come in faster than the wheat can, and it destroys the cross crop when it does (despite being turned off in the config). The only mention of weeds in the config is regarding ticks to spawn (I have increased it to max with no effect) and spread chance (I have reduced it to minimum, but I rake them away before they can spread anyway).

If I wanted to spend my free time taking weeds, I'd plant a real garden. This is just silly.

Yijare

Jul 29, 2019
I take it you're talking about turbines from another mod?
If you're using Extreme Reactors Reactor + Turbine, the simplest method is to place them adjacent with matching input/output fluid ports. You can create a closed water loop that way.
that was not working at all, so i felt dumbfolded.

blue goes on blue, red on red. that didn't change from ol' big reactors...

pack is beyond by the way.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Is there some kind of special spawn rule for endermen? I'm on day 437 on Beyond (plus some should-be inconsequential add-ons) and I haven't seen one yet. And my mob grinder has been running for two days. A mob grinder where I have to use a hopper and a chest like some kind of peasant because I can't build a vacuum hopper until I find an enderman.

If I'm short on pearls early on I normally go to a plains or desert, find a low hill in a flat area and build a 5x5 low roof to stand under. Wait out all night, and look around for endermen, and stare at them to make them come to you and hack at their ankles. Make an Imperfect Ritual Stone with lapis above it to make it night, if you have got through the starting phase of Blood Magic. It sometimes takes a few nights to find one.

Also, there's ender lilies from breaking grass.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
that was not working at all, so i felt dumbfolded.

blue goes on blue, red on red. that didn't change from ol' big reactors...

pack is beyond by the way.
Full disclosure, I haven't tested this in Extreme Reactors (just B.R). But in BR it works fine so long as you match the outputs to inputs. If you're matching colors, it won't work because the colors indicate which direction the flow is going. You'll end up mapping input to input and output to output.

Yijare

Jul 29, 2019
Did you put them input on output, and output on input?
as i said. they are color coded, so yes i did indeed put the input of teh turbine on the output auf the reactor, and vice versa

Full disclosure, I haven't tested this in Extreme Reactors (just B.R). But in BR it works fine so long as you match the outputs to inputs. If you're matching colors, it won't work because the colors indicate which direction the flow is going. You'll end up mapping input to input and output to output.

red on reactor is output 'hot' red on turbine is input 'hot'
blue on turbine is output 'cooled' blue on reactor is input 'coolant', so... i guess the colors have to match

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
as i said. they are color coded, so yes i did indeed put the input of teh turbine on the output auf the reactor, and vice versa

red on reactor is output 'hot' red on turbine is input 'hot'
blue on turbine is output 'cooled' blue on reactor is input 'coolant', so... i guess the colors have to match
No kidding, I didn't recall that :)

Then I'm surprised it gave you grief. I assume you did add some initial water to the system correct? What happens when you turn on the reactor?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
If I'm short on pearls early on I normally go to a plains or desert, find a low hill in a flat area and build a 5x5 low roof to stand under. Wait out all night, and look around for endermen, and stare at them to make them come to you and hack at their ankles. Make an Imperfect Ritual Stone with lapis above it to make it night, if you have got through the starting phase of Blood Magic. It sometimes takes a few nights to find one.

Also, there's ender lilies from breaking grass.

I don't recall the specific version, but sometime after 1.7.10 Vanilla Enderman behavior was changed so that if an angry EM can't teleport to you he will teleport you to him. This was done to curb such "Easy Buttons" :D

Yijare

Jul 29, 2019
No kidding, I didn't recall that :)

Then I'm surprised it gave you grief. I assume you did add some initial water to the system correct? What happens when you turn on the reactor?
it produces steam, but does not push it into the turbines at all. just sitting there doing nothing.

and yes i gave it initial fluid to begin the cycle.

7x7x9 should make enough steam to power 4 turbines with an intake of 2000mB/t each.
in skyfactory 3 it works liek a charm, but beyond seems to have broken the mod

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I know that isn't vanilla, it's @Vazkii 's Quark that does it?
Have to check, but at least 1.11 there are cases of TPs on players due to this mechanic. Which is why you want a bit of risk available when you set up the Endershade.