Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ewokz750

Jul 29, 2019
Create a lava age in mysticraft, or alternatively in the nether. Setup a bc pump with a liquid and energy tesseract to send that lava back to your base and power the pump.

Reactions: Whovian

OttoSoul

Jul 29, 2019
sup, just wondering, xycraft fabricators have no wiki info. some one wanna fill me in on how they work and what makes them useful?

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
sup, just wondering, xycraft fabricators have no wiki info. some one wanna fill me in on how they work and what makes them useful?
Xycraft fabricators are basically fancy autocrafting tables. There are a couple main features to note:

1) You load a recipe to be crafted into the left side. This can be done by hand, or by looking up the recipe in NEI and clicking the "?" button.
2) You supply the resources in the right side, OR in any adjacent inventory. CAREFUL: in the default mode the fabricator will begin to craft items IMMEDIATELY (unless it is receiving a redstone signal) and will create as many as it can until it runs out of resources (INCLUDING resources in ANY adjacent inventory - even other fabricators). However:
3) In addition to the default mode, you can also switch the mode of the fabricator on the far left side such that it only crafts automatically when it is receiving a high redstone signal, or such that it only crafts the recipe once per redstone pulse.

EDIT:
As for what makes them useful, I would cite three primary benefits.

1) Because you can look up recipes in NEI and import them directly into the fabricator, crafting items that require numerous steps becomes much less of a hassle.
2) Crafting an item many, many times is also much easier, because you merely need to collect a bunch of the resources and the fabricator will work out the proportions and all that jazz for you.
3) Automating the production of various items can be streamlined considerably because items do not have to be pumped out of chests (as long as the chests are adjacent to the fabricator); and furthermore chaining multiple fabricators together can make the autocrafting of very complex items suddenly very simple.

Giga

Jul 29, 2019
I want to pipe records in and out of jukeboxes, so they will automatically start playing again when they finish. Neither pipes nor tubes or any redpower machine I've tried (deployer and filter) work. What do?

Leadamse

Jul 29, 2019
completely or mostly?

The reason I say this is there are some parts of mods that randomize /after/ the seed. Things like RP2 volcano.

The other possible is how the seed is put in. Seeds are case sensitive so COOLSEED is totally different the CoolSeed.

The seed was COMPLETELY different, spawned in a different area in a different biome, the map was completely unfamiliar... We tried doing conversions, even going to the exact same coordinates as the good seed to no avail!

Which sucks! because this seed literally is PERFECT! There is not a SINGLE thing wrong. Even the end stronghold is only 200m away!

For others who might be able to help... I found a perfect seed, But when loading it into a server... it changes COMPLETELY.

I do plan to post the perfect seed on the forums... But i'd be willing to post it earlier for someone who helps me to fix my problem. Yeah, it's that good, and that important. We are doing a full server restart to use it.

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
Somewhat incorrect. Magmatic engines give more power (4 MJ/t compared to 1 MJ/t) but less energy per bucket (18,000 MJ compared to 20,000 MJ).

That said, considering how abundant lava is, I too prefer the magmatic engines any day ;)
Will I need two? Three? They're not very easy to make for me so I want to make the exact amount. Even then, that engine still takes lava to power it and it's prone to overheating.

EDIT; How do I deal with items overflowing onto the ground when the thing they're being placed in is full?

heggico

Jul 29, 2019
Depends on your energy needs. But 1 pump with 1 engine is plenty to get the lava, and if you use redstone conduits between the engine and the pump the engine should not overheat.

If you have a system wich is often overflowing, try using redpower tubes. They can't overflow, but do get jammed until they have a location to send their stuff.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Other options include rigging up an auto-shutoff that triggers when the storage unit fills up (using Buildcraft gates), or simply providing a bigger "thing they're placed in".

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I do plan to post the perfect seed on the forums... But i'd be willing to post it earlier for someone who helps me to fix my problem. Yeah, it's that good, and that important. We are doing a full server restart to use it.
Posting it now anyway might help resolve the issue. If someone else tries it on their SSP and they get the same as your SMP, then that identifies your SSP as the problem, and vice versa. Have any of your friends tried the seed on their SSPs?

tabs

Jul 29, 2019
Any way I can remove an addon from a turtle? I stuck an enchanting table on my mining turtle instead of a chunk loader. Doh!

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Any way I can remove an addon from a turtle? I stuck an enchanting table on my mining turtle instead of a chunk loader. Doh!

Not that I am aware of, sadly. The best thing to do is to either write it off, or NEI back in the enchanting table and burn that turtle.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Or you can crash your server, there's a bug that removes additions when the server is crashed while the turtle is working :p

Phantom27

Jul 29, 2019
Similar to the question above: is there any way to remove an accessory from a TC golem? Probably not, but I could be missing something...