Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

RamblinWreckGT

Jul 29, 2019
Why all of a sudden do my golems ignore chunk loaders and stop working when I go a distance away? Could it be Optifine? Because strangely enough, a few months ago, it caused magnum torches to stop functioning. I think it makes changes to mobs spawning habits...or something.
Could be; disable it and see if the problem persists.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Are there any limits to the blocks one can substitute with a wand of equal trade?

Say I wanted to redecorate my base with something like, for example, nukes...?

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I think there a max radius (which can be improved with Potency (pre-focus upgrading) or Enlarge (post-focus upgrading). It also tends not to work with any sort of tile entity (the Endertech exchanger has the same restriction here I think.)

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any limits to the blocks one can substitute with a wand of equal trade?

Say I wanted to redecorate my base with something like, for example, nukes...?

I think there a max radius (which can be improved with Potency (pre-focus upgrading) or Enlarge (post-focus upgrading). It also tends not to work with any sort of tile entity (the Endertech exchanger has the same restriction here I think.)

And since Nukes are tile entities, that's a no. They also won't work with Bedrock, for obvious reasons.
Plus, even if you could replace them, you'd have to fill them all with explosive-y radioactive stuff anyway.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
You have all forgotten the real use for all these liquids - tectonic petrotheum, zephyrous aerotheum, gelid cryotheum, and blazing pyrotheum.

Trolling.
Mueheheheheheheheheheheheheh...

And, of course, decorating your base with awesome liquids, some of which give some pretty cool potion effects, which is nice for not needing to brew.

Bravo to King Lemming or whoever is doing the naming at CoFH, they all sound so scientific and sophisticated. :)

I just wish I could find some info on the newest fluids, but once I get settled into my base I'll just have to experiment with them and see what those effects actually are.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
So I just saw the "new" factorization license.
:eek: WHAT THE PPPP? :eek:
Whatever, I'm not making a public pack so I don't care too much if I understood correctly.
But seriously, what happened? :eek:
Is that kind of license even legal? o_O
It's nit nearly as ridiculous as some of them. Some people only allow there mods to be used with special permission and almost never give permission.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
As stupid that it may sounds, I'm 100% sure that I've seen that written somewhere on this website at some point. Which obviously made no sense for me either. (maybe commercial/partner thing...)
I highly doubt that's true, but since I've had very bad experiences with intolerant forums before.....

If this is true, it's news to me. There's nothing about it in the forum rules and I definitely wasn't told about it when I became a mod.

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
So I just saw the "new" factorization license.
:eek: WHAT THE PPPP? :eek:
Whatever, I'm not making a public pack so I don't care too much if I understood correctly.
But seriously, what happened? :eek:
Is that kind of license even legal? o_O
I saw a mod once with a license that required you to make a mod of your own before you could use their mod. >__>

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I saw a mod once with a license that required you to make a mod of your own before you could use their mod. >__>

If I remember right, (I'm old, so I might not) that requirement was not enforced, but used as a deterrent to folks who bitch and complain about modders, and how it's soo easy to mod/fix/update/putinthatthingthatIwantorelse....

Okay Q: Do 1.6.4 packs work with java8? My server host updated to java8 and my FTB server (running DW20 1.6.4 v1.25) just spams the console with version issues...

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I was running beta 1.8 with DW20 1.6 back then. I didn't have any problems but I kept restarting worlds to try new things. IIRC there was a fix to Forge to repair the issues people were having.

_BtB

Jul 29, 2019
Question!
I am using FTB Infinity pack version 1.90
everything seems okay so far as in no major problems. My minor problem is with forestry tree farms and the lack of saplings they produce. I am trying to power my non critical base machines (i.e. squeezers,fermenters,buildcraft stuff) using biofuel > ethanol > steam boiler. I am stuck on the biofuel part in that I cannot produce enough saplings to keep up the ethanol production for the boiler. I put in oak saplings and they turn into unknown apple oak saplings when they drop from the tree as it is cut. In a test world I am running 5 small tree farms and theres still no surplus of saplings and the biofuel production is very slow. Am I doing something wrong or do I need to get into bees/tree breeding to get the trees that prduce a lot of saplings when they are cut?

P.s. I do not want to use MFR for this and steves carts is a maybe although making a decent tree farm with it will be costly and I lack resources atm.
Any help is welcome, just want to know what is going on more then making biofuel now hehe. Thanks all

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Question!
I am using FTB Infinity pack version 1.90
everything seems okay so far as in no major problems. My minor problem is with forestry tree farms and the lack of saplings they produce. ................................

P.s. I do not want to use MFR for this and steves carts is a maybe although making a decent tree farm with it will be costly and I lack resources atm.
Any help is welcome, just want to know what is going on more then making biofuel now hehe. Thanks all

That seems odd planting an oak and getting Apple Oak saplings, maybe a Forestry thing on Infinity. Have you tried the EnderIO tree farm, I think it is fairly cheep to set up and the mod is in Infinity