Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Thanks Ocker and NinjaPig31 for the answers. I'll definitely check out Direwolf's videos to help me along. I know he does world downloads so I might grab one of those and play around with his automation. I may take you up on that offer Ninja for autocrafting because it's something I've been meaning to get to but can't seem to get started. Thanks again
Just as an example, here are my automated machines:
2015-05-03_12.32.29.jpg
For the EnderIO machines, one interface can hold both the patterns and receive the processed outputs, and all four can run in parallel doing different processing operations, one set in furnace mode, the other set of four in alloy mode. For the TE machines, an interface on top holds the patterns, and another interface underneath receives the outputs. The three Magma Crucibles are constantly kept full of glowstone, ender pearls, and redstone via export buses, which are piped into the Fluid Transposers. You need a plentiful supply of the three inputs to keep them all topped up though, so fluid crafting in this manner is somewhat advanced.

Reactions: legionite626
Jul 29, 2019
Magical crops needs a certain dirt type?
Either that or the MFR-Magical crops compat is disabled?
Works fine on dirt manually (regardless of whether or not their is water nearby), this worked just fine in 1.6.4 monster pack (first time trying in 1.7.10) so I don't see why it wouldn't work...

Cooth

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys! I'm new to FTB and playing Lite 3 pack right now. If I am struggling with some stuff I can usually find the solution online but I can't seem to find an answer to my current problem.
I have a sewer set up and obviously want the sewage to run to a composter. It works fine when the composter is right beside the sewer but how can I transport from all my sewers to the composter??? Then items from the composter to a chest elsewhere? It says on the internet to use Luquiducts or Buildcraft pipes which don't seem to be in this mod pack. Also trying to get mob essence from the sewer and pink slime and liquid meat from the slaughterhouse but have no idea!
While I'm here as well can I automate sugar cane with the planter/harvester at all???
Thanks in advance for your help!

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Hi guys! I'm new to FTB and playing Lite 3 pack right now. If I am struggling with some stuff I can usually find the solution online but I can't seem to find an answer to my current problem.
I have a sewer set up and obviously want the sewage to run to a composter. It works fine when the composter is right beside the sewer but how can I transport from all my sewers to the composter??? Then items from the composter to a chest elsewhere? It says on the internet to use Luquiducts or Buildcraft pipes which don't seem to be in this mod pack. Also trying to get mob essence from the sewer and pink slime and liquid meat from the slaughterhouse but have no idea!
While I'm here as well can I automate sugar cane with the planter/harvester at all???
Thanks in advance for your help!
As far as I can see FTB Lite 3 have Thermal Dynamics, so you should have access to whatever the new version of Liquiducts/fluiducts and Itemducts is called. You also have Extra Utilities which have both item and fluid transport solutions. You can also use MFRs own Conveyors and Item Routers to transport items around in dropped form I think, though I have never really experimented with that myself.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to remove extra essentia from an Alchemical Construct? I connected it to a labeled jar, tried to click with said jar, and nothing. I'm playing Infinity 1.5.1.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to remove extra essentia from an Alchemical Construct? I connected it to a labeled jar, tried to click with said jar, and nothing. I'm playing Infinity 1.5.1.
Hold your sneak button, and right click it?
If not, empty into a jar, and do the above on the jar :)

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Hold your sneak button, and right click it?
If not, empty into a jar, and do the above on the jar :)

Sneak-right-clicking does not work. It just places the jar adjacent to the construct. I tried on all of the 3 blocks that make the construct.

I don't understand what you mean by "empty into a jar". It's what I'm trying to do. I'm using a labeled empty jar. Directional tubes do not work, either.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Sneak-right-clicking does not work. It just places the jar adjacent to the construct. I tried on all of the 3 blocks that make the construct.

I don't understand what you mean by "empty into a jar". It's what I'm trying to do. I'm using a labeled empty jar. Directional tubes do not work, either.
Are you using the essentia tubes to transfer it into a jar?
Also, does the essentia in the construct match the label on the jar? If not, remove the label :)

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Are you using the essentia tubes to transfer it into a jar?
Also, does the essentia in the construct match the label on the jar? If not, remove the label :)

Essentia tubes, check. Both labled and unlabeled jar attempt, check. No success. It's just 5 of an aspect, but it's clogging my construct. I tried inserting iron to make it ask for something else and stop sucking Tenebrae (that's what's stuck inside), but no luck.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Will simply being in a Tainted Land biome convert a node into a tainted node, or does it require flux gas/liquid near to the node?
Yes, I did this to my hungry node, dropped a bottle of taint on top of it's obsidian case.

EDIT: To clarify, it made the biome Tainted Land in the one square the node was in. Eventually (i.e. not immediatly) it tainted the hungry node.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
You need to use the phial I think it is called to remove 8 at a time to do it by clicking - labeled jars should work with tubes but you may need something else like vacuum tubes, can't remember

Edit: just remembered - if you right click the construct you clear/delete essential

Gotolei

Jul 29, 2019
Pros/cons of TiCon shortbows vs longbows (vs crossbows)?

How about bows from other mods? Things like Twilight's Seeker bow and Thermal Foundation's Reinforced bows are entirely undocumented work fairly well, but how much can they be beefed up through enchantments and the like?
Any others worth noting?