Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way I can make a mobile mining laser where it shoots/extends/blows up the landscape and I get the drops from it?

I have frames to make it move but now I just need something that destroys blocks downward instead of forward.

efr44738

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way I can make a mobile mining laser where it shoots/extends/blows up the landscape and I get the drops from it?

I have frames to make it move but now I just need something that destroys blocks downward instead of forward.
Mining wells from buildcraft

xyzzy75

Jul 29, 2019
I'm confused about how HQM stores data. I started working on some quests and made some decisions about how my map would generate. I assumed I could just start a new map and continue because the .hqm is saved in the /config folder. Apparently not. So do I have to actually complete my entire map as I want it to be before I can even consider working on quests?

einsteinsci

Jul 29, 2019
[I'm using DW20 1.6.4]
Is there any way to have an AE system keep a certain amount of a certain item stocked in the system, crafting more as needed? There are a few items I want my system to always have at least a stack ready, like sticks and levers and such.

I've tried using a storage bus hooked up to an interface, but the bus doesn't seem to notice the interface has anything.

xyzzy75

Jul 29, 2019
[I'm using DW20 1.6.4]
Is there any way to have an AE system keep a certain amount of a certain item stocked in the system, crafting more as needed? There are a few items I want my system to always have at least a stack ready, like sticks and levers and such.

I've tried using a storage bus hooked up to an interface, but the bus doesn't seem to notice the interface has anything.

You're looking for the level emitter.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
[I'm using DW20 1.6.4]

You're looking for the level emitter.
Indeed. Point the level emitter at an ME Export Bus that itself is pointed at an ME Interface. Configure the level emitter to emit a signal when there are more than however many items in your network, and the export bus to only be active when given a signal. When you don't have enough of the item, the emitter will turn off, allowing the export bus to make some more items and dump them right back into the network.

If you want lots and lots of glass, say, you could instead dedicate a Redstone Furnace to glass production, have an export bus constantly stock it with sand, and have your level emitter turn the furnace itself off. You could, of course, still have the level emitter disable the export bus, but then the furnace would continue to cook the stack of sand in its input slot, so you'd wind up with up to 64 more sand than you had intended.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else having crashes when they try and use thaumic tinkerers "efreets flame" focus? Can someone besides me try it and see if it works for them?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Depends on the application. Water works, but not for endermen. Cobweb works, but will keep the mobs stuck near-immobile for a long time. Tinker's congealed slime works, but the mobs will bounce a lot, and you need to get the slime first. IC2 trampolines work, also causing bouncing. Natura's clouds work.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Mining wells from buildcraft

Is there anything more space age or magic focused? I've done mining well machines before and want something different. I have noticed however that with certain wand focuses the autonomous activator can use wand equipped with them. (namely the shock focus) unfortunately it doesn't seem to work with the excavation focus.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anything more space age or magic focused? I've done mining well machines before and want something different. I have noticed however that with certain wand focuses the autonomous activator can use wand equipped with them. (namely the shock focus) unfortunately it doesn't seem to work with the excavation focus.
The excavation focus sucks though :p
There is a ritual (Blood Magic) that allows mining. However this will only mine ores :p

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013

What pack are you using?

If you have MFFS 3 (Calclavia's fork), you could simply use one force field to mine out a big vertical rectangle underground, and a caterpillar drive made from a couple of the field modulator things (or whatever they're called) to move the rig along.

You say you have frames... Does this mean you're in a pack with Redpower, or are you using some other mod for those? If the former, an IC2 Mining Laser in long-range mode in a Deployer facing upward or downward will break a vertical column of blocks. If you're in a more recent pack, you could use an Autonomous Activator from Thermal Expansion with a mining laser to the same effect.

Alternatively, if you have lots and lots of resources, you could make a movable wall of Applied Energistics transition planes, which are basically instant block breakers that automatically dump their output into your ME network. However, I'm not sure how much AE stuff likes being moved.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Is there an equivalent of "dense mode" for Transfer Pipes, or any other way to implement an overflow chest? I'm feeding the barrel wall from multiple directions, so I can't just put the overflow chest at "the far end".

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Is there an equivalent of "dense mode" for Transfer Pipes, or any other way to implement an overflow chest? I'm feeding the barrel wall from multiple directions, so I can't just put the overflow chest at "the far end".
I don't think so... You'll have to find a way to feed your wall from only one direction. Do keep in mind that transfer pipes can be blocked by covers, and you can use a wrench or a stick on them to make them act like iron Buildcraft pipes, so you can merge different lines without worrying about things going the wrong way.

If there was some sort of pipe that routed items based on which direction they came from (like a generalization/combination of the crossover and one-way-wrenched pipes), it would solve your problem more elegantly. But, I don't think there is.

Reactions: PhilHibbs

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Not necessarily a simple question, but not really complex enough to be worthy of its own thread. I'm building a modpack and i've built a map for that pack, though i've run into some very troublesome problem. I can't get Vanilla's superflat preset generator to accept and use modded item/block names. Due to this, I've been using numerical ids, which seem to change every time I update a mod. As it stands now, it would require a world reset on every update. Is there any way to set numerical ids so they don't change, or a way to get vanilla's superflat generator to accept modded item names?

Now for a simple question, If there's no way to do what I need to get the map stable, then is there somewhere I can request a mod be made to help me fix my problem... and maybe add a few things that i'd like to have for the map? I thought about the "Suggest mods for creation here" thread but I'd be more requesting than suggesting.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Not necessarily a simple question, but not really complex enough to be worthy of its own thread. I'm building a modpack and i've built a map for that pack, though i've run into some very troublesome problem. I can't get Vanilla's superflat preset generator to accept and use modded item/block names. Due to this, I've been using numerical ids, which seem to change every time I update a mod. As it stands now, it would require a world reset on every update. Is there any way to set numerical ids so they don't change, or a way to get vanilla's superflat generator to accept modded item names?

Now for a simple question, If there's no way to do what I need to get the map stable, then is there somewhere I can request a mod be made to help me fix my problem... and maybe add a few things that i'd like to have for the map? I thought about the "Suggest mods for creation here" thread but I'd be more requesting than suggesting.
Sounds like a problem. I doubt Forge provides tools to fix it, so you'll most likely need to use a jar mod of some sort, so the best place to look would be in the official Minecraft Forums. Somewhere.

At least, Forge probably can't fix the Vanilla superflat world directly, without action from LexManos or somebody else on the Forge team. However, a Forge mod might be able to add a configurable superflatish world type that can accept mod blocks. Adding a configurable biome to use in Vanilla superflat wouldn't work, because the biome doesn't control the blocks in that world type. However, a mod biome might be able to look like superflat in a regular world or a single-biome Mystcraft age. Hmm... Maybe a Mystcraft addon could do it? In that case, try the Mystcraft forums.

I might take a look into the Superflat terrain gen source code sometime soon, and see if I can find anything. This sounds like a good excuse to update MCP...