Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I've been messing around with the rotarycraft spawner controller and I'd like to know if there's a way to completely disable the spawner so it only turns on when I (for example) use a lever? Running it 24/7 is pretty easy to accomplish but since the server I'm playing on isn't that great, this would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance and a nice sunday to everyone!
Redstone will put the spawner into shutdown mode.

I have my own question:
How does one auto-shear sheep, preferably with full choice of tool?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013

I have my own question:

I *think* an Autonomous Activator will work.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
I *think* an Autonomous Activator will work.
Assuming you can get them in position it should, but that might be tricky... we're not talking about a block with a fixed position here.

@Reika If you aren't going for "choice of tool" then an MFR Rancher will do it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Reactions: Padfoote

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Assuming you can get them in position it should, but that might be tricky... we're not talking about a block with a fixed position here.

@Reika If you aren't going for "choice of tool" then an MFR Rancher will do it.

I think if you get the sheep into a one block space it'll work without an issue though.

ThTs

Jul 29, 2019
A question about forestry bees: When breeding for new bee species, is the order of the princess and the drone important? E.g. will I get an imperial bee only from a noble princess and a majestic drone or also from a majestic princess and a noble drone?

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
I think if you get the sheep into a one block space it'll work without an issue though.
Probably, but then you have to deal with one sheep with one patch of grass....

I was giving this more thought and you might be better off going the Thaumic Tinker route; Dynamism Tablet and one of those mob attractors.

Reactions: Padfoote

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
A question about forestry bees: When breeding for new bee species, is the order of the princess and the drone important? E.g. will I get an imperial bee only from a noble princess and a majestic drone or also from a majestic princess and a noble drone?
Order doesn't matter.

Reactions: ThTs

Galleleo

Jul 29, 2019

I have my own question:

Does the redstone signal go into the spawner itself or the controller? I tried the ECU like Dorque suggested and put it so that the redstone lamps go on + magnetostatic engine goes off when redstone signal is on.

I'd also suggest using a MFR Rancher for a 5x5 grass field with some sheeps or you can use an Autonomous Activator but I haven't tried them yet.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Does the redstone signal go into the spawner itself or the controller?
The spawner, I believe.

I'd also suggest using a MFR Rancher for a 5x5 grass field with some sheeps or you can use an Autonomous Activator but I haven't tried them yet.
I tried both. They both have a poor range, and the Ranchers are too slow, too. Also, is there any way to make sheep eat grass faster? I already have a way of making the grass regrow instantly.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
I tried both. They both have a poor range, and the Ranchers are too slow, too. Also, is there any way to make sheep eat grass faster? I already have a way of making the grass regrow instantly.
MOAR! Bigger patch, more sheep, more machines =P

Don't know about making the sheep eat faster. At this rate you may almost be better off with an automated cotton/hemp farm.

Or just make yet another mod ;) Reika's SheepCraft. MuttonCraft maybe.

OvisAriesCraft.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Darn, I don't think I can afford a Well of Suffering, I'm still in the early game of Blood Magic.

You can always try setting up some sort of portal to move mobs, but that might get out of control fast.