Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

pderuiter

Jul 29, 2019
Does anybody know of any 'dont do this' gotcha's with logistical pipes that folks should avoid?

I have a fairly large logistical pipe storage system. We don't have access to anything in regards to 'large' storage devices so I've taken to using doublechests. on any given row of 3 double chests across I have a logistical chasis mk2, a basic logistic pipe (connector), mk2, basic, mk2. for 10 rows. I have a large number of centrifuges hooked into the system to process bees and the bee products are visible to the system, including tanks for seedoil, honey, biofuel and mass. When I look at my routing table with the monitor, it is currently at 286. I only have 8 pages of items in the request pipe screen, but I also 24 logistical crafting tables set up, as well as my assembly laser/tables.

Everything LOOKS OK. Everything works. There are no glaring loops and I've tried to make everything as concise as possible given that I'm working over a large geographical area. I've just noticed ALOT of lag lately server-wide and not sure if I am the cause of it. Using golden transport pipe, not itemducts, for the long runs between places.
How many chests / length of pipe are we talking about? items flowing through pipes can cause lag if you have enough items.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Does anybody know of any 'dont do this' gotcha's with logistical pipes that folks should avoid?
-snip-
Everything LOOKS OK. Everything works. There are no glaring loops and I've tried to make everything as concise as possible given that I'm working over a large geographical area. I've just noticed ALOT of lag lately server-wide and not sure if I am the cause of it. Using golden transport pipe, not itemducts, for the long runs between places.
I don't use LP so I can't speak to specifics, but any system that creates moving entities spread over a large geographical area is going to cause lag. How much exactly is yours is hard to say, but I would at least say that your system doesn't sound like it's helping matters, meaning no offense.

Quayludious

Jul 29, 2019
How many chests / length of pipe are we talking about? items flowing through pipes can cause lag if you have enough items.
The space between my bee processing area and my main storage tower is about 80. I did have to put a basic logistical pipe in the middle of the run to connect them.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure that there is a height requirement for them. Either that, or they will only grow in specific Biomes. And they need to be 2 x 2 of course.
Ah, yeah... they won't grow if they're not at at least... 90 high, if memory serves?

Originally they'd only grow in Extreme Hills, but it was changed to a height requirement due to all the extra biomes out there.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Can Minefactory Reloaded 2.7.6-448 planters and harvesters use Magical Crops?
Yeah, but from my experience it is slow and can be quite glitchy.
Maybe use Reliquary things and Open Blocks things to speed up the process. Also fertilized dirt really helps! :)

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I found a village.

Is there a way I can process villagers to make some form of fuel for an engine?

*whistles innocently*

Quayludious

Jul 29, 2019
I don't use LP so I can't speak to specifics, but any system that creates moving entities spread over a large geographical area is going to cause lag. How much exactly is yours is hard to say, but I would at least say that your system doesn't sound like it's helping matters, meaning no offense.

Naww, no offense taken. I'm still new to some of this. I replaced my long run of pipes (OK, so it was actually 96 when I counted) with two item tesseracts on either side of that. The good news is that it sped up the delivery some since it didnt have to travel the distance, the bad news is that the server is still pretty laggy. Just trying to figure out what else might be causing it before I go bug the owner, again. :(
thanks.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Naww, no offense taken. I'm still new to some of this. I replaced my long run of pipes (OK, so it was actually 96 when I counted) with two item tesseracts on either side of that. The good news is that it sped up the delivery some since it didnt have to travel the distance, the bad news is that the server is still pretty laggy. Just trying to figure out what else might be causing it before I go bug the owner, again. :(
thanks.
No worries. A lot of this isn't stuff you can do much about, but this is a good place to start with "What can lag a server?" http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/server-admin-notes.37388/

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, yeah... they won't grow if they're not at at least... 90 high, if memory serves?

Originally they'd only grow in Extreme Hills, but it was changed to a height requirement due to all the extra biomes out there.
Neither of these have worked. There's an issue on the github about it that someone made a couple weeks ago https://github.com/SlimeKnights/Natura/issues/120

I'm just gonna assume it's broken in the current version, and halt Natura documentation until it gets sorted.

Reactions: RealSketch

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Do Ender Quarries have a max RF/t usage? For instance, if I feed them 10k RF/t will it go faster than 1kRF/t? Think I read somewhere it maxes at 280RF/t usage.. hoping that that was wrong.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Following panels (as with all other obtainable pages and panels, I presume) can be bought from Mystcraft villagers. Should you find a villager willing to sell such a page, you may want to pull a Direwolf20 and bind him up in an MFR Safari Net for later use in an Auto-Spawner, so you can have as many of the panels as you like.
That's what it looks like I'm planning to do - IF I ever find such a villager. I've gone through at least ten batches with about twenty villagers per batch, and haven't found any trades for said pages yet.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
That's what it looks like I'm planning to do - IF I ever find such a villager. I've gone through at least ten batches with about twenty villagers per batch, and haven't found any trades for said pages yet.

I think you need to find a "librarian" villager specifically. As stated above DW20 has done so... He found and captured one in a safari net, breeds them on demand and trades Myst pages until they won't anymore, then "sends them on vacation" via a smeltery.

I think that Hypnotizd finally got one through extensive breeding while working towards a paper-for-emeralds trade (He ended up with a couple of Blacksmiths who trade emeralds for all the diamond gear and weapons).