Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
How old was the spotlight? I vaguely remember a post stating that Sengir doesn't want it to be the same and changed BioFuel into Ethanol and made them differ in the Forge OreDict. I might be wrong.

zenkmander

Jul 29, 2019
6-8 months ago I believe? If that's the case then I guess I'll have to make a separate line of compression dynamos to run off the ethanol.

TobyA

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, its me again. I was playing on a friends server and I decided to update the FTB Unleashed pack. IT gave me the option and I clicked update. To my surprise, the modpack version (1.1.7) stayed the same. So I messed around and realised that only certain mods have been updated and 2 new mods had been added, (Can anyone please tell me what the new mods are please). So I went to downgrade so I could play on the server because it wasnt letting me on because some mods were different versions. But because the version didnt change from 1.1.7 I couldn't go and change the version in the launcher to what I had before. So I can no longer get on the server. I know I should have made a back-up but I didnt think that this would happen. There are two options, if there is an easy way to downgrade then I will take it, but if I cant then my friend can possibly upgrade the server, I just want to know if the update damages worlds or servers.
Thanks in advance! :)

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Is there any medium other than a bucket, to supply lava to a turtle? When it's "waiting for fuel" during an excavate, it only takes 1 bucket then resumes - I need to have it suck up more fuel. I tried portable tanks but no cigar.
I would write a script that makes the turtle gather and use the lava itself. placeDown() should fill the bucket, then do a refuel (not sure what the function call is for that), go forward 1, repeat for X iterations. Then turn right, go forward 1, turn right, and repeat the initial loop the same number of times. This should send the turtle out over a lava lake X blocks sucking up the lava and using it for fuel and then bring it back again. When you say you've tried portable tanks, do you mean you tried it in the turtle's inventory? How about placing a portable tank above the turtle, and doing a similar loop but without moving? It should be able to placeUp() the tank and then placeUp() the bucket to draw a bucket of lava from the tank. I haven't tried this though. Also it won't be able to wrench the tank, so it will have to break it. Endertank would solve that.

It should be possible to make a copy of excavate that does this.

Last edited:

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Thanks for the reply, I'll try that.

Sorry my question disappeared, as I thought it wasn't a "simple question" so I opened a separate thread.

Dark0_0firE

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, its me again. I was playing on a friends server and I decided to update the FTB Unleashed pack. IT gave me the option and I clicked update. To my surprise, the modpack version (1.1.7) stayed the same. So I messed around and realised that only certain mods have been updated and 2 new mods had been added, (Can anyone please tell me what the new mods are please). So I went to downgrade so I could play on the server because it wasnt letting me on because some mods were different versions. But because the version didnt change from 1.1.7 I couldn't go and change the version in the launcher to what I had before. So I can no longer get on the server. I know I should have made a back-up but I didnt think that this would happen. There are two options, if there is an easy way to downgrade then I will take it, but if I cant then my friend can possibly upgrade the server, I just want to know if the update damages worlds or servers.
Thanks in advance! :)

Upgrading a server could cause some problems, however downgrading your own client can be very simple. Either 1) Change the version selector at the top of the launcher to the version that you want (ie 1.1.3 probably) or if that doesnt work 2) find your Unleashed folder and delete everything inside. When you run the launcher again make sure to select the right version that you need, and it should download everthing again.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
This is my research for Gold Wand Caps:
GoldWandCaps.jpg
The three glowing runes are Instrumentum, Metallum, and Lucrum which are the only three aspects in the research. I don't see how this is possible to solve. Any suggestions?
*Edit* And now I'm out of Instrumentum research points. Arse.

Last edited:

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Thanks for the reply, I'll try that.

Sorry my question disappeared, as I thought it wasn't a "simple question" so I opened a separate thread.

There are a few other options as well. The turtle will take any fuel you can put into a standard minecraft furnace. So wood coal charcoal, etc. all work. If you have IC2 you can make lava tin cells. They have the advantage of stacking so you can put 64 in one slot and fuel the turtle that way. Note: lava cans (forestry) do not work.

zenkmander

Jul 29, 2019
How severe are the issues caused by Ars Magica in DW20 1.0.10? Jaded said it causes 'many issues', so I haven't updated yet. Has anyone else been playing it without any major problems?

Softpotatis

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone else have problem crafting stuff with wool in Direwolf 1.6.4 v.1.0.9? I'm unable to craft the Forestry Backpacks, and I can't craft Enchanted Fabric from TC4. So my question is basically if anyone have had a similar problem, and how I can solve it? I have force updated my client. It's a server that I have this problem, but no one else do.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
This is my research for Gold Wand Caps:
GoldWandCaps.jpg
The three glowing runes are Instrumentum, Metallum, and Lucrum which are the only three aspects in the research. I don't see how this is possible to solve. Any suggestions?
*Edit* And now I'm out of Instrumentum research points. Arse.
It's impossible. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Scrap it and start over.

Reactions: PhilHibbs

ReaperGuy666

Jul 29, 2019
I want to add TropicCraft to the Direwolf20 1.6.4 pack, but when I attempt to install it (According to the mod authors instructions), It does not show up in the game. Is there another way to put it in (no pun intended) or will it just not work?

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to prevent my deserts from being flooded? It seems like every time I come across a desert type biome there are 3 tiny islands with maybe a cactus and the rest is under water. Currently Magic farm 2 with BoP worldgen, but it happened in Unleashed and DW1.5

Last edited:

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Is there any way to prevent my deserts from being flooded? It seems like every time I come across a desert type biome there are 3 tiny islands with maybe a cactus and the rest is under water. Currently Magic farm 2 with BoP worldgen, but it happened in Unleashed and DW1.5

I blame BOP. Due to the bad terrain gen of BOP I actually created my DW20 1.6.4 server with normal terrain gen instead of BOP. BOP is still enabled and can be accessed via Mystcraft world gen. But, after generating about 4 or 5 worlds with BOP and winding up with junk I decided not to use it for my server's main overworld.

Kwequay

Jul 29, 2019
On the Direwolf20 1.6.4 pack Do we / will we have access to the Applied Energistics spatial storage system?
Has it been disabled due to its grief potential?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I want to add TropicCraft to the Direwolf20 1.6.4 pack, but when I attempt to install it (According to the mod authors instructions), It does not show up in the game. Is there another way to put it in (no pun intended) or will it just not work?
After you download the Tropicraft zip, open your FTB launcher to the Direwolf's pack, and click the "Edit Mod Pack" button near the top of the window. Then, click the "Add Mod" button at the bottom, find the zip you downloaded, and click "Open."

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
How do i empty out the Liquid Transposer?

I currently have glowstone in it, but need to exhange it for redstone

ReaperGuy666

Jul 29, 2019
After you download the Tropicraft zip, open your FTB launcher to the Direwolf's pack, and click the "Edit Mod Pack" button near the top of the window. Then, click the "Add Mod" button at the bottom, find the zip you downloaded, and click "Open."
Thanks for the tip, but unfortunately it still does not show up in the game. That is the third different attempt at getting the mod to work, so I'm done with Tropicraft. 3 strikes and it's out.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
How do i empty out the Liquid Transposer?

I currently have glowstone in it, but need to exhange it for redstone
Place a Portable Tank on top'
Set the top output of the transposer to Orange
Set the tank to Input (should be the default)
This should pump the glowstone into the portable tank. It takes a bit of getting used to the input and output sided colour config.