Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I need some help. Is there a way to travel a redstone signal along a wall? I have a blaze spawner lv5 and its in my ceiling, but I want the switch to turn it on to be down on ground level. But I dont have RP2 for their amazing redstone thingy, and I dunno what does it in 1.5.2

Minefactory reloaded rednet will replace this functionality.
Otherwise you're stuck with the old vanilla redstone staircase to get the signal to go vertically up and down.

Reactions: Whovian

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
You can also use Iron Gates, Pipe Wire, and Cobblestone Structure Pipes, but that's probably a little too roundabout for practicality. Plus you need an Assembly Table for the Gates and Pipe Wire.

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
I need some help. Is there a way to travel a redstone signal along a wall? I have a blaze spawner lv5 and its in my ceiling, but I want the switch to turn it on to be down on ground level. But I dont have RP2 for their amazing redstone thingy, and I dunno what does it in 1.5.2

There aren't many vanilla ways to move redstone upward (and even less to move it directly down). The cleanest way is the redstone torch tower, but this can be rather complicated to put into practice.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Minefactory reloaded rednet will replace this functionality.
Otherwise you're stuck with the old vanilla redstone staircase to get the signal to go vertically up and down.

This worked perfect. Just attach a lever on the end and it does what I want.

New question though. My base is starting to look machiney, finally. I have import and export buses on everything, which makes me wonder, are export buses/and or machines smart? This is mainly for my industrial electrolyzer. If I have the export bus do empty cells and say ... whatever useless dust that is only useful when electrolyzed. Will it export both at once, and/or will the machine be smart enough to not put cells in the wrong slot?

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
This worked perfect. Just attach a lever on the end and it does what I want.

New question though. My base is starting to look machiney, finally. I have import and export buses on everything, which makes me wonder, are export buses/and or machines smart? This is mainly for my industrial electrolyzer. If I have the export bus do empty cells and say ... whatever useless dust that is only useful when electrolyzed. Will it export both at once, and/or will the machine be smart enough to not put cells in the wrong slot?

The busses should be smart about it, yes. Unless you're in pre-1.5.x versions, in which case the cell import should be on the middle sides and the primary input (your useless dusts) should be on top.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
The busses should be smart about it, yes. Unless you're in pre-1.5.x versions, in which case the cell import should be on the middle sides and the primary input (your useless dusts) should be on top.

Nope 1.5.2, latest versions of all mods. So one export bus should be enough then? It'll just know where to put dusts and cells?

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Nope 1.5.2, latest versions of all mods. So one export bus should be enough then? It'll just know where to put dusts and cells?

Yep! That should work perfectly. Greg's machines don't care about where you input and output from, they know exactly where to pull the stuff out of and into.

apeiorn2

Jul 29, 2019
curious about the max energy that can be carried by a redstone energy conduit. Extra bee machines use tons of energy but im not sure if energy conduits condense their energy from multiple redstone cells (like liquiducts would steam from a boiler) anyone know?

Onikrex

Jul 29, 2019
Would anyone mind telling me why it seems like nobody plays the Divine RPG. Is there something wrong with it? :U

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
curious about the max energy that can be carried by a redstone energy conduit. Extra bee machines use tons of energy but im not sure if energy conduits condense their energy from multiple redstone cells (like liquiducts would steam from a boiler) anyone know?
Its practically unlimited.
Would anyone mind telling me why it seems like nobody plays the Divine RPG. Is there something wrong with it? :U
It doesn't fit many gameplay sstyles.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Its practically unlimited.

almost incorrect, it's got a limit at 500 MJ/t
so, for the most part yes practically unlimited, but I personally hit that limit while trying to power my bee machines a few times

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
almost incorrect, it's got a limit at 500 MJ/t
so, for the most part yes practically unlimited, but I personally hit that limit while trying to power my bee machines a few times

No. Input/outputs EACH have a limit of 500MJ/t. So you can't have a single engine putting more than 500MJ/t in, or a single consumer consuming more than 500MJ/t. The network itself is virtually unlimited in it's transfer rate.

If you hit a limit it's probably because you were limiting the rate with some energy cells.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Denizens of the FTB forums are probably into using lots of mods with minecraft and like having them complement each other. DRPG, while a pretty impressive mod, doesn't really work well with most other mods. For example: it would be awesome if you could spice up combat with Ars Magica spells or build custom weapons with Tinker's Construct, but the way DRPG scales both of those are pretty much useless. I wouldn't necessarily say that's a bad thing - the mod is already quite extensive without other mods adding things - but it does make FTB players less likely to check it out.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
If I've got a maxed out Power suit, is it even worth my time to make a Gravisuite? Why or why not?
Depends on how you like your flight controls. I personally can't stand the flight provided by MPS (my one and only complaint about that wonderful mod), so I still like to have a gravichest.

You might also want to make one just 'cause it's one of those super expensive late game items you can show off.

Onikrex

Jul 29, 2019
I'm in a server of 3 people, including myself, both of the other players are a million times more experienced than I am. Not too much to "show off' there :p
I enjoy the flight of the MPS, but that's because it seems to go forward with a lot of speed, while the Nano chestpiece is very slow. So, to me, it is better. Now, I may be controlling it wrong, and the flight for the Gravichest may be different, I'll have to try it out when I get it. I tried it in creative, but couldn't get it to work. I pressed "F" and it said it turned on my gravitational squirrel launcher, I'm paraphrasing, as I do not recall the exact sentence.

One other thing I'm worried about is power. With my MPS, I never run out of power. Never even get close. But, just a simple flight from my base to my quarry, about 2k blocks, used up a lot of power with my nano.

The main reason I wanted to use the nano/gravi is the advanced diamond drill is beautiful with its speed, not to mention it can be enhanced, while the power glove cannot. But, by itself, it is INSANELY quick to run out of power. So, the Gravisuit seemed like a nice way to go, unless I just wanted to run around with lappaks in my bags all day.. :U

Edit: Also, if DRPG is so.. alone, is there anything you can suggest similar to it? I LOVE exploring the Minecraft world, and that seems to have so much to do and explore.

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
Try switching to survival, then messing with the gravisuit. If you fiddle with it in creative you might not notice anything!

MPS can outrun that armor though, and over a long distance there's no contest. It is the preferred armor of showoffs. Oh, and unless they've changed it you can put tool enchants on the power tool using books. The drills will still be faster at digging by a lot but if you can get MPS then it is worth it - especially with the flight control module.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Most of the speed from armor in general is derived from the legs. In MPS, it's the massively awesome amount you can overclock the legs. The nanosuit legs are also super fast. The chest has little to do with it.

I personally love the power glove above all else when it comes to tools. If speed is your problem, just overclock it. It draws from your suit.

I'm using words liberally up there.

DRPG...well, whenever I get the wanderlust, I usually play vanilla adventure maps, but that isn't really an option here.

Oatmonster

Jul 29, 2019
Holding ctrl while the advanced nano chest's engine is firing (not just on, firing as in you're holding space), your speed increases, quite a bit actually. Gravichest flight is literally just creative mode flight, turn it on with f and double tap space. Just like creative flight, sprinting and then double tapping space to fly will mantain your sprint speed at no extra EU cost. The same is true for advanced nano. Quantum leggings allow for an insane boost in speed when the boost key is held down.

Getting boots with haste also increases your speed in the air iirc, and haste 3 makes a huge difference on the ground. So do boots of the traveller.