Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Ditto MFR and its Liquicrafter.

If you can get something to fill a bucket and put it into an inventory, you can use any standard (3x3, items only) automated crafting mechanism in 1.10 .
There MAY be a stable-ish IE build with an Assembler but I wouldn't count on it.

Now for my question (hopefully it hasn't been answered elsewhere...) would it be possible for a person to play multiplayer on a forge-based modded Minecraft instance if the server and some players were windows based but they were on a Mac?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Hi, I recently started doing some research about Big Reactors. But all the designs and spreadsheets I found were outdated and the numbers did not match with the actual version.
Before, using different coolants was the best option because they all had different properties. But now, after testing lots of reactor designs, I find that the efficiency and RF production is at it's best when there's only Gelid Cryotheum.
I also don't understand how the Control Rods work. Apparently the more the rod is inserted, the less power you'll get but the more your reactor will be efficient in RF/mB. So what's the idea ? You put 50% everywhere to get a low production but perfect efficiency ?

Moreover, I don't understand how Coils work. I can't afford Ludicrite in my FTB world, but apparently you can use other blocks. But which ? And which is the best (after Ludicrite) ? And is there a special shape you need to do in order for your turbine to produce more ? And the blades. From what I've seen the turbine only allows a max of 80 blades. But I've seen spreasheets showing 100+ blades in a turbine. Was this only in previous versions ?

Finally, I'd like if some of you could tell me/send me a screenshot of their best reactors designs, as well as turbines design.

For smallish reactors, cryotheum is the best coolant you're going to find, to my knowledge. For larger reactors, namely those with several blocks of space around your control rods, you'll want a few layers of cryotheum around (and between) your control rods, and then a layer or two of resonant ender around the edges of the reactor. The reason is that, unless this changed since the last time I checked, cryotheum is very good at moderating neutrons produced by fission, making them more likely to interact with other things, such as other fuel rods and the rest of your coolant. However, cryotheum is not very good at absorbing neutrons, so if you only use it as your coolant, you'll get a lot of neutrons flying straight out of the reactor, thus wasting energy that could have been turned into RF. For that, you'll want resonant ender, which is very good at absorbing neutrons that have already been moderated by the cryotheum.

For turbines, while I'm not particularly familiar with them, I've only ever seen them with metal blocks (usually enderium or ludicrite, but pretty much any metal will work, although you might need more of it to maximize RF generation and it might not be as efficient) placed in the eight spaces around some of the turbine shaft blocks. I don't know what effect they would have if placed farther away from the shaft.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Is there a way to make Fresh water and Salt from pam's harvest in unstable 1.10 with some sort of auto crafting. Want to auto craft chicken pot pies
i think u can easly automate the fresh water using an ender io tank(the tank can auto push the bucket after it fills it into another block and will fill buckets that get pushed into it ) and crafter(s) from rftools to do the actual crafting

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Now for my question (hopefully it hasn't been answered elsewhere...) would it be possible for a person to play multiplayer on a forge-based modded Minecraft instance if the server and some players were windows based but they were on a Mac?

As long as they are all playing the same pack as the server they should be fine. That one of the good things about Java.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame
P

Pc_Pyro

Does anyone know how can I enable the creative items recipies in ftb infinity evolved? In normal mode

V

Viperion

How do I use a custom logo I've created for my modpack on the Curse Launcher? I want to replace the default picture that shows in the modpack listings

V

Vakturion

I've set up an automated Endoflame from Botania. I've got a Basic gate from "BC Transport" on top of a structure pipe next to my mana pool, a wire leading from the basic gate down to a setup like this. The gate will detect when the mana pool is full and send a redstone signal into the wire stopping the hopper from outputting any charcoal.

This works awesome, but...
upon detecting that the mana pool is no longer full the gate switches off the redstone signal, but the wire is still producing one, even if I destroy the wire the redstone torch is still lit up and I have to break the dirt and jump on the pressure plat to start it up again.

I wondering if I did something wrong or if there is a way to start it going again without any interference from myself.

Pictures of setup #1 & #2

A

Aycce

Quick Question : Why did the developer of Draconic Evolution even created a reactor that can blow up a whole 200 block radius area ?
I was playing on a private server owned by a friend when some inconscious, extremely selfish and loathsome person built his draconic reactor near his base - which is near my base - .
One hour later everything blew up. 96 hours of playing gone.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Quick Question : Why did the developer of Draconic Evolution even created a reactor that can blow up a whole 200 block radius area ?
I was playing on a private server owned by a friend when some inconscious, extremely selfish and loathsome person built his draconic reactor near his base - which is near my base - .
One hour later everything blew up. 96 hours of playing gone.

Why does IC2 allow reactors that do the same thing and provide nukes as well. Best to ask you friend that owns the server to restore from backup if he can. BTW: I would ask him to ban the other player. I don't mind players setting up reactors like that but they need to verify in single player that their design will work and can be shutdown safely if needed. Then they need to make sure that IF something goes wrong it won't impact other players.

S

Sgt.Stomp

I'm having issues with buttons and pressure plates staying activated too long, they were working fine yesterday and now it seems like they stay activated for 20 seconds instead of 2, I'm using them to activate ic2 teleporter and its difficult to teleport with them the way they are now because you get stuck in a 20 second teleport loop. I have tried both a button and pressure plate on a different location and it stays depressed there too... Is there some config file that got messed up or???

Please help

UPDATE: I tried in a single player map and both buttons, and pressure plates work properly. so its server side...

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Last edited: