Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Yeah, I could do that, but it's a lot more config to do, each bank has 8 machines and I was hoping to shut them all down with one switch. I wouldn't mind that they would carry on running on their internal buffers for a short while as the buffer isn't too big (Industrial Apiary from Gendustry).

That can be done just by connecting the machines with non-connected crossovers and switches. The Yeta Wrench can disconnect conduits that make a connection.

Argelius

Jul 29, 2019
Hey. I am stuck at the moment and can't figure out how to progress past the 'redstone' mining level on my tinkers construct pickaxe. I remember using steel/refined iron to do so before but I recently started up using the FTB Infinity v 1.11.2 and can't find a way past the bronze. I feel like I am missing something simple but just can't see it. Please help.

Last edited:

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Hey. I am stuck at the moment and can't figure out how to progress past the 'redstone' mining level on my tinkers construct pickaxe. I remember using steel/refined iron to do so before but I recently started up using the FTB Infinity v 1.11.2 and can't find a way past the bronze. I feel like I am missing something simple but just can't see it. Please help.
Stick a diamond or an emerald on it. Alternatively, making a pickaxe head out of nickel (aka ferrous metal) might do it, unless that was a feature specific to Pathfinder; failing that, blue or green slime might work as well. Check in your Materials and You book; it'll tell you what materials can mine what.

Argelius

Jul 29, 2019
I have checked that book out. It states pig iron and steel, both of which I am having issues creating, can't find a recipe that works for making steel and I lack emeralds and villagers to make pig iron. But I have found a way to mine the obsidian without the pickaxe anyways. I used a quarry to pick it up and then smelt it down to what I needed. Thanks though, I will keep that in mind for the future.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
In vanilla tinkers, you either use pig iron (iron emerald and blood, the latter of which you can get by melting rotten flesh in the smeltery), or stick a diamond on a tool as a modifier. Alternatively grind mobs for enough chainmail to get steel. Seeing as this is infinity, and not just Tinkers, Steel shouldn't be too much of a problem (it lets you mine the nether ores as well as obsidian), as there are multiple ways of getting steel.

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019
T2xwvLm.png
Might sound like a silly question, but it looks like a flat test world... are you on peaceful?

guiguilyon

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I have some issues with NEI, playing on a local FTB Infinity server :

1/ I can't enable every utility buttons, only time, weather and game mode, not trash can, heal, magnet.

2/ I can't activate Creative+ mode (Creative+ mode button is enabled in NEI settings/utilities)

3/ I can't toggle on and off time (completly disable night/day...) or weather (completly disable rain) by right click on their buttons. I can change time and stop rain when it starts though (by left click on their buttons).

4/ I can't use the potion and enchants features (P and X keys, checked keybindings in the settings).

I'm OPed on the server, the settings are enabled both globaly and in the actual world, tried in cheat or utility mode.

Are those features disabled from multiplayer? Is that a config file option I have to change? (server.cfg, client.cfg ?).

Please check these few screen capture to have a better understanding of the issue. http://imgur.com/a/q7uEn

Thanks

Last edited:

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

1/ I can't enable every utility buttons, only time, weather and game mode, not trash can, heal, magnet.

2/ I can't activate Creative+ mode (Creative+ mode button is enabled in NEI settings/utilities)

3/ I can't toggle on and off time (completly disable night/day...) or weather (completly disable rain) by right click on their buttons. I can change time and stop rain when it starts though (by left click on their buttons).

4/ I can't use the potion and enchants features (P and X keys, checked keybindings in the settings).

I'm OPed on the server, the settings are enabled both globaly and in the actual world, tried in cheat or utility mode.

Are those features disabled from multiplayer? Is that a config file option I have to change? (server.cfg, client.cfg ?).

Thanks

For heal you'll have to add the command to "commands" in the options. For the other 2, you need to right-click them (buttons under the big cheat/recipe/util button), make sure it says "Global" when setting them as well.

Reactions: guiguilyon

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
What do you mean by "crossovers" and "switches"?

I don't know about crossovers, but EnderIO has redstone "switches" that can be used to turn redstone signals carried on EnderIO insulated redstone conduit on and off by hand... You can run a single redstone conduit line to a given set of machines and connect the switch to turn just those machines on and off. You can run the Enderio redstone conduit in the same blocks as the EnderIO RF conduit for a clean install.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Hi,

Thanks
Was the world made as a survival or creative?

EDIT: Nvm, I didn't see the next page

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

guiguilyon

Jul 29, 2019
For heal you'll have to add the command to "commands" in the options. For the other 2, you need to right-click them (buttons under the big cheat/recipe/util button), make sure it says "Global" when setting them as well.

Thanks! Yea I just typed "/heal" in the heal commands setting and the heal button is back. Nice! :)

Nothing else work though.

I know I can right click the utilities buttons to always disable their features (rain/night or day...). I also know about the Global or per world feature which enables the seeting either globally or per world. I can enable or disable time and rain on my single player world.

But when I play multi player, on my own local server running on my PC, which I'm OP of, right clicking them does nothing. Rain continues to start like every 15 minutes and night to fall. I can only stop the rain after it starts and change time (with left click), but not stop it forever. Right click on Sun/Moon/rain buttons does nothing.
Maybe these features are disabled from SMP. Can you use it in SMP yourself or anyone else?

And the magnet, trashcan, creative+ mode (vanilla creative is OK) buttons don't appear either in utility or cheat mode ; enchanting and potions utility shortcuts do nothing either.

Please check these few screen captures to have a better understanding of the issue. http://imgur.com/a/q7uEn

Reactions: Alcheya

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks! Yea I just typed "/heal" in the heal commands setting and the heal button is back. Nice! :)

Nothing else work though.

I know I can right click the utilities buttons to always disable their features (rain/night or day...). I also know about the Global or per world feature which enables the seeting either globally or per world. I can enable or disable time and rain on my single player world.

But when I play multi player, on my own local server running on my PC, which I'm OP of, right clicking them does nothing. Rain continues to start like every 15 minutes and night to fall. I can only stop the rain after it starts and change time (with left click), but not stop it forever. Right click on Sun/Moon/rain buttons does nothing.
Maybe these features are disabled from SMP. Can you use it in SMP yourself or anyone else?

And the magnet, trashcan, creative+ mode (vanilla creative is OK) buttons don't appear either in utility or cheat mode ; enchanting and potions utility shortcuts do nothing either.

Please check these few screen captures to have a better understanding of the issue. http://imgur.com/a/q7uEn

Are you talking about the GUI that opens up when you open your inventory and click the little chest icon on the right?

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
What is the proper way to get a Logistics Network to work across 2 Tesseracts? I can't seem to make it work, but I know you can do it with just 1 Power Junction...

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
What is the proper way to get a Logistics Network to work across 2 Tesseracts? I can't seem to make it work, but I know you can do it with just 1 Power Junction...
Does just plugging a tesseract pair, each set to send and receive items on the same frequency, directly into the network not work? I'm pretty sure Direwolf managed to do it that way at some point...

If that doesn't work, you could try the inventory system connector pipes. Those may or may not need to be attached via paired enderchests, rather than tesseracts; I'm not sure.

Reactions: Ashendale

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Does just plugging a tesseract pair, each set to send and receive items on the same frequency, directly into the network not work? I'm pretty sure Direwolf managed to do it that way at some point...

If that doesn't work, you could try the inventory system connector pipes. Those may or may not need to be attached via paired enderchests, rather than tesseracts; I'm not sure.
The Ender Chest approach works, I've tested. But I was thinking maybe I could transfer energy using the built in power transfer using upgrades.

I'll go test and see if energy transfer works with Ender Chests.

Edit: with Ender Chests I need 2 Power Junctions.
I managed to at one point get it working with Tesseracts, but I messed around, and cannot get the right configuration again. I am using 2 Basi pipes on each Tesseract, both same frequency, send/receive items/energy.

What am I doing wrong?

Last edited: