Are there other mods to consider for Frame-like things?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
RP2 is an awesome mod. It has beautiful textures, an interesting electricity system, and a ton of useful blocks. Its frame motors are a staple of forgecraft vidoes since time immemo(*cough*) last year.

But, I'm curious! Have people come across other mods that do similar things with block movement? If someone's putting together a new modpack or trying to jump to 1.5 early, RedPower 2 simply isn't an option right now. If they don't want to lose sweet double-smooth motion for block movement, are there any other options at all? Many parts of RP2 have alternatives for those not blessed by its presence, but this one seems to be a blind spot for me and it's a tough one to google for.

Could someone recommend one?

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
At this point, I think that frames are the only things keeping RP2 alive. Sure, its an epic mod, but most of its functionality can be replaced by other mods. I've always considered UgoCraft a bit OP, but that's another discussion. UgoCraft is the only one with similar functionality that I know of.