Applied Energistics priority

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
regarding AE-quartz from overworld: I got nearly 2 stacks of ore blocks out of one full size mine (plus walls). maybe the quartz generation is biome depending, although I didn't read anything about it.

regarding the nether as mining location: in ultimate, virtually everything in the nether has its value, even netherrack :) but powercrystals netherores add a lot of value, like the gregtech netherores do. and we shouldn't forget the lava (especially together with the ind. centrifuge).

one thing regarding AE: is it possible to priorize recipes? like it is possible to make mixed metal ingots with various recipes, but some of them use cheaper metal ingots (like aluminium or zinc), but if those aren't available, the system should switch to other metal ingots.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
one thing regarding AE: is it possible to priorize recipes? like it is possible to make mixed metal ingots with various recipes, but some of them use cheaper metal ingots (like aluminium or zinc), but if those aren't available, the system should switch to other metal ingots.

I suppose you could use a bunch of clever redstone logic with those dark AE wire thingies which disconnect if hit with a redstone signal, but otherwise I don't think so.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
regarding AE-quartz from overworld: I got nearly 2 stacks of ore blocks out of one full size mine (plus walls). maybe the quartz generation is biome depending, although I didn't read anything about it.

No, but since it spawns at all heights it is hard to mine for.

regarding the nether as mining location: in ultimate, virtually everything in the nether has its value, even netherrack :) but powercrystals netherores add a lot of value, like the gregtech netherores do. and we shouldn't forget the lava (especially together with the ind. centrifuge).

As a place for a player to go and mine, we mean. Automatic tools (like centrifuging lava) are great and all, but it's nice to have new, fresh things to go check out personally as part of your adventures. It's also neat to have a new challenge for automatic mining; the nether is not an easy place to do this and get good returns.

Smiletactician

Jul 29, 2019
hey,

level emitting directly at say, a mass fab. does the level emitter then say, emit/not emit at the item number suggested within the system. or does it definitely have to be point at an export/import for it to work?

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Well you have two options that I can think of:

(1) A level emitter attached to an export bus, which the level emitter activates the export bus when (x) amount of cobble is detected in the AE system. This will tell the system to send any excess cobble to your predefined amount for recycling.

(2) Have the priority of cobble being sent to your barrels as (1) and then to another storage as (2). Once the barrels fill up, it'll start to fill up the secondary storage. From there, how you choose to empty that storage in to the recycler is your choice. This will make it so that it will max out the storage space of your container, then sending all the rest for recycling.

Both will achieve the same thing, with very slight, minor differences.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
hey,

level emitting directly at say, a mass fab. does the level emitter then say, emit/not emit at the item number suggested within the system. or does it definitely have to be point at an export/import for it to work?
The red "light" on the emitter needs to point at whatever you want to receive the redstone signal. The emitter always "reads" what is in the network it is attached to.

angelnc

Jul 29, 2019
My suggestion:
Storage Bus on your barrels with highest priority.
Storage Bus on Chest on Hopper on Recycler with low priority.
Depending on how fast your junk comes in this might not be pulling out from the chest fast enough, but the hopper can be replaced with other extraction methods as well (Pipes, Router, ...)

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
My suggestion:
Storage Bus on your barrels with highest priority.
Storage Bus on Chest on Hopper on Recycler with low priority.
Depending on how fast your junk comes in this might not be pulling out from the chest fast enough, but the hopper can be replaced with other extraction methods as well (Pipes, Router, ...)
The main danger with this set up is overflow. You don't want to estimate -4- hoppers worth of overflow, then end up crashing your world.

Smiletactician

Jul 29, 2019
cheers,

i thought the level emitter might be a little more sensitive to say, the requirements of what it was pointing at but outside the AE net obviously its quite plausible that its means of operation are limited. the export/emit is working perfectly for my squeezer/seed oil. although i then found out i could just use creosote ins tread of seed oil. major disappointment, as i have a unused metric ST at my disposal.

i was kind of looking at a way to turn off the mass fab when i didn't need it. i thought the emitter would be perfect for such. and i would have to use a complex BC chest build (not overly but still a bit over the top) in order to get it to operate the way i want. as for the storage arrangement i have them point directly at my x3 recyclers and adjust the priority on demand of uu/iridium not that i would say the Quantum suite is the best any more as the MPS does everything QS does, better (just to mention, i'm not starting a conversation on that).

does any know if the emitters work if they are pointing at the storage bus, given the behavioural settings?
EDIT: yes it does. so i can tell the set the storage bus (obviously exports are probably better at doing this but i'm willing to waver to see what happens) to work when over a specific level. directed to the recyclers. now just to figure out a means to automate turning on/off the mass fab.

EDIT: i thought it did. quick test and now i don't. will probably go with a emitter/export setup :D