Any way to get transfer nodes to automate apiaries?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
I'll do pipes if I have to but I hate the extra space the redstone engines take up, and I don't particularly feel like investing the resources for an assembly table when I have no plans to use gates for anything.

SuperLuigi10

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure about the transfer nodes, but if you use something called an "autarchic gate," you can put that on (meaning inside) a wooden pipe and set the left box to "Redstone signal off" and the right box to "Energy pulser" and then the wood pipe will quickly extract items from the apiaries without taking up extra space.

Firnagzen

Jul 29, 2019
You absolutely can. I have a design for a 1x2(+1)x2 that's horizontally tileable. (The +1 is for the chest output.)

I'll get you a screenshot when I can.

EDIT: Screenshots attached. Pay attention to the markings on the pipes; you get those by right-clicking the pipes with a stick or an Omniwrench. The markings mean that the pipe is in one-way mode from that direction; it prevents horizontal cross connections. Additionally, I use two DSUs and a barrel (DSUs don't take drones), but you can use chests, too. Or any other container.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    717.7 KB · Views: 96
  • 2.png
    2.png
    498.2 KB · Views: 96

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
There's my problem. I was trying to use sorting pipes. Apparently they don't work right with the apiary.

Firnagzen

Jul 29, 2019
There's my problem. I was trying to use sorting pipes. Apparently they don't work right with the apiary.
Why would you do that? Transfer nodes will automatically put things wherever they fit. Drones and Princesses fit into an apiary. Produce doesn't. Ergo, drones and princesses get put into the apiary, produce continues on.

DaemosDaen

Jul 29, 2019
I stand corrected. Still say pipes are easier, but that may be my comfort and existing knowledge of them.