Any way to change textures ingame?

meuqsaco

Jul 29, 2019
I want to change the textures of some blocks ingame, kind of like the paintbrush from openblocks, but allowing me to take a texture from one block and copy it to another.

Is there such thing in feed the beast?

Thanks

meuqsaco

Jul 29, 2019
Not in my case. I want to change mystcraft crystal textures to something else while remaining its original functionality.

Thanks for the suggestion though, I didn't know about this block :)

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Well, to do that, you are diving into the realms of texture (resource) packs. You'll need to locate the texture within the zip/jar file, extract that to a new folder within a new folder for your texture replacements, then modify that particular texture within a image editing program.

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Golrith's suggestion of making a new texture pack would probably be easier. Just make a new texture for the blocks you want, keep the textures for those that you aren't changing and drop it into your resource pack folder. And since you can now change texture packs in game, it would almost be like just changing the textures for only a few blocks.

meuqsaco

Jul 29, 2019
Changing the textures is OK, but I only want to do it for the blocks in my base. The crystals found in the Mystcraft dimensions would look very silly if they also had it. I know OpenBlocks allows painting blocks, but it only colors them. I need to copy a texture. I guess there isn't such a thing.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
You could always hide most of the crystal blocks under some FMP covers, that might be enough to get them to blend in with your design.

Reactions: MoosyDoosy