Any interest in remotely accessing your server using php? (no remote access software needed)

Diggerwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I fixed up a little something for my server that allows people to talk on the server from any PC that has internet through the servers site, and also allows me to issue any and all commands neccesary including facilitating minecraft server restarts and full OS restarts even when I am not near my server.

(I needed this because I also travel alot.)

And all without the need to set up remote access.

You can manage your server from the browser on your phone!
No special apps or software required.

- All that you need is access to your server (Although the serverside script part is very non invasive and I think even server providers are willing to run them if you ask them. It's a simple AutoHotKey script.)
- Apache
- PHP
- And of course a minecraft server. :p

So no need to concern yourself with special remote access software or worrying about ISS being a pain or leaving your server exposed if you dont set it up correctly. Plus this method is very low key and takes up very little resources. (Well, I guess making the console public takes up some bandwidth, but that's more of an extra option anyway, the important part is the admin part where you have full access to the server console window. :p )

Get it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7oOFoVfhEj9XzBneDhyZnp3QjA/edit?usp=sharing

Read INSTALL.TXT, it should be sufficient. If you still have issues, post in the thread. Also, let me know what you think of it.

Example (my server):
http://www.netwolf.nl/

Last edited:
Reactions: kaovalin

Diggerwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I'll polish the code a little bit and make it easy to use (you know how programming stuff for yourself goes...) and put it online.

Diggerwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, download it here and have a look at it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7oOFoVfhEj9XzBneDhyZnp3QjA/edit?usp=sharing

I made it relatively easy to install. It will requite minimal changes to files. It helps if you know a thing or two about programming of course.

Read INSTALL.TXT and have fun with it.

Change it however you please and do whatever with it you want.

Im probably gonna massively change it myself, logging peoples IP's and such to prevent spammers and griefers of the console or perhaps a username and password system, but I doubt ill release it. It's easy enough to make anyway, if you want something like that you probably just have to change the files. :p

Anyway, this zip file should give you a lot of remote access power to your server and help you on the way.

========== A tiny overview of what it does ================

Makes a website with a public console for talking and an admin side to send commands to your server console.

All commands work normally except for 'stop' and the added command 'fullstop'.

stop: will initiate a 1 minute timer, execute a save-all at 5 seconds remaining, stop the server and make sure the batch file loops back to restart the server.

fullstop: will initiate a 1 minute timer, execute a save-all at 5 seconds remaining, stop the server and reboots your PC once the server has succesfully stopped. (forcefully, so be careful with open documents and such, and add a link to the batch and ahk script in windows startup)

Have fun with it.

Last edited:

Diggerwolf

Jul 29, 2019
oops, had a mistake in one of the php files, calling the include after the php script needed a variable from it. Caused a bit of server lag.

I changed it in the file but anyone who downloaded the file before this might want to make sure that in serverlog.php, the include include.php is before the <head> in the html document.

It's stable now. :p

Diggerwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Im told I didnt quit put it together right. Must have accidentally put older files inside. Ive no access to the files atm but will update a better functioning download tonight.

Current download apparantle calls the stop and fullstop command wrongly. Fix should be easy enough.

I doublechecked and the files are exactly the same as mine and mine work fine so it must have been something else. The files in the download link work fine. False alarm. :p

Last edited:

Diggerwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, is anyone using this?

If there are, I might update this into a more decent and even easier to install download with more freedom and options.