An Eldritch Abomination from Below the World

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
I have to say this mod has given me nightmares... for real. Playing ligit with it and digging around, hearing the sounds it creates sends shivers up my spine.

Although truth be told I also have an issue where the thing never shows up. In creative I created a new normal world and dug to bedrock, made a nice chamber then a large hole... and waited, even poped to survival and still waited, walking around the 8x8 hole I made... I could hear it but it never showed. Going back to creative I flew down into the hole and looked around... it was no where to be found and even removing void fog to light up the whole underside of the void showed no scary monster.... just the spooky sounds.

I half wondered (and hope not) that the sucker is invisible.

.................oh god now I'll have more nightmares.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I have to say this mod has given me nightmares... for real. Playing ligit with it and digging around, hearing the sounds it creates sends shivers up my spine.

Although truth be told I also have an issue where the thing never shows up. In creative I created a new normal world and dug to bedrock, made a nice chamber then a large hole... and waited, even poped to survival and still waited, walking around the 8x8 hole I made... I could hear it but it never showed. Going back to creative I flew down into the hole and looked around... it was no where to be found and even removing void fog to light up the whole underside of the void showed no scary monster.... just the spooky sounds.

I half wondered (and hope not) that the sucker is invisible.

.................oh god now I'll have more nightmares.
It is not invisible.

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
So why isn't it showing up yet I can hear it? Has it just not spawned yet but still making the sounds?

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
Even if you have never gone to any other dimension? I've made a new world and only stayed in the over world to check the monster out but it;s nowhere to be found even though I can hear it. I would have thought you'd only hear it if it was near by, not in another world that you haven't gone to.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Even if you have never gone to any other dimension? I've made a new world and only stayed in the over world to check the monster out but it;s nowhere to be found even though I can hear it. I would have thought you'd only hear it if it was near by, not in another world that you haven't gone to.
As soon as it spawns in one world, it will not spawn again, in any save.

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
With that idea I loaded up skyblock as well...

Nope... no mob... can still hear em though. Guess he still wants to spawn in a never gone to nether? :/
Come on monster.. I'm not that scary *sob* I.. I just want to look at you.. and.. *sniff* and maybe.. poke you a bit with a..a very sharp stick... ;.;

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Seriously, the ambient noise added by that thing is freaking me out. If I locate him and kill him, does the noise stop for a while? If so, I'll re-enable this mod and make it my quest.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Seriously, the ambient noise added by that thing is freaking me out. If I locate him and kill him, does the noise stop for a while? If so, I'll re-enable this mod and make it my quest.
Right now, no, the noises are actually coded separately. I can make it only happen with a monster in the world, but that will introduce a performance hit.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Right now, no, the noises are actually coded separately. I can make it only happen with a monster in the world, but that will introduce a performance hit.
Would it be possible to enable the noises making, well, noise, while it's not dead, as a config option? This would allow people who have CPU to spare to be able to get some reprieve from the freaky noises by finding and killing the void monster.

Alternatively, now that I think about it, I could just use the sound controller mod I got to turn it off.

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
agree... and make em load in the overworld by default. I STILL have not seen it. So is it spawning in any other world type even if I never go to it?

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
I do not know why, but I was half expecting it to split into multiple smaller versions of itself and trap.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly, the noise still bugs me like crazy. I mean, for one, it seems to start around Y level 45 or something; way above the void. I'd rather it only start somewhere near the void, maybe Y level 15 or so.
Also a way to just plain ol' turn OFF the noise would be nice. It's spooky, yeah, I get it. At first, anyway. After I got used to it, I was just annoyed by it.

Honestly, I am sick of hearing it. Haven't seen the monster yet but I've heard it for hours now. I'm debating getting Flans again and finding a updated version of the pack I had requested and then putting on my Pith Hat and going and killing the bloody thing. With my H&H Double Rifle.