Am I enabling Blood Magic and KAMI properly?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Muckbeast

Jul 29, 2019
I use MPServ for our server hosting, and their dashboard pulls in a default FTB + Monster install.

Via the filemanager, I can see these two files (among many others) in the /mods/ subdir:

Blood Magic v1.0.0b.zip.disabled
ThaumicTinkererKAMI_j6.jar.disabled

Am I correct in assuming that all I need to do to enable these mods from the package is change their filenames to:

Blood Magic v1.0.0b.zip

ThaumicTinkererKAMI_j6.jar

And it is ok that Blood Magic is a zip?

Thanks!

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Yes to both. I recommend updating Blood Magic to the latest version (some bugfixes) if possible for the server and all clients. This will require people to manually install it and delete the old version though.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Yes to both. I recommend updating Blood Magic to the latest version (some bugfixes) if possible for the server and all clients. This will require people to manually install it and delete the old version though.
YESH UPDATE BLOOD MAGIC!!! YOU GET AWESOME SIGILS N STUFF!!!

It is really awesome, though

Funny, I actually went to check the change log and there's a new version out, as of today. So yes, I definitely recommend updating to Blood Magic v1.1.0 if you can.

Reactions: Xheotris

Muckbeast

Jul 29, 2019
Funny, I actually went to check the change log and there's a new version out, as of today. So yes, I definitely recommend updating to Blood Magic v1.1.0 if you can.

I am a pretty big n00b when it comes to this stuff. Is it as simple as downloading a new zip and just dropping it into my /mods/ folder?

How vital is it to update? Updating people's clients in our family is kinda painful along with the server. If it doesn't change much, I'd rather wait for something major.

Is there anything else in FTB Monster I should strongly consider updating?

Keep in mind we aren't trying to run the latest and greatest thing ever. We've played a lot of vanilla Minecraft but are really new to modded.

Muckbeast

Jul 29, 2019
ALSO: Would there be any downsides to going ahead and starting our new world with FTB Monster (enabling KAMI) and then hold off on enabling Blood Magic until later on when I can download the latest version, update everyone's clients, etc.?

That way I can hold off learning a whole new thing until later, and also don't have to run around updating everyone's client and server.

(OR: We use the FTB Monster launcher. Does it keep the client fully updated? If so, do I already have the latest blood magic client side, and thus just need to add it server side now?)

Xheotris

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, updating mods is pretty much painless. Drag and drop usually does it. At worst you have to deal with some ID collisions, but most mods plan for that and make it as easy as possible to fix.

Also, honestly, I would enable Blood Magic first, then worry about KAMI later. I have played a lot of modded MC for quite a few years, and I've never gotten far enough into Thaumcraft for KAMI. Blood magic is quite noob friendly as long as you have a bed nearby and aren't playing in hardcore mode.

Sent from my brain using magical fluxes in a radiation field.

Reactions: Padfoote