AgS & Netherrack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Beleriond01

Jul 29, 2019
Morning Fellow FTB'ers,

I have a simple question for you since I've not been able to find the answer myself yet. What I'd like to know is how I can get some netherrack for some builds I'm planning without having to go into the Nether.

At this moment in my game I don't yet have the resources to feel safe-ish going into the Nether so I'd rather hold off, considering what Jaded has done to the Nether ;)

From the ex nihilo wiki I couldn't find what or how to get it so I turn to the community here.

Thanks for any info,
Bel*.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Netherrack can be made, by piping lava into an Ex Nihilo stone barrel and adding redstone.
Or, if you have more patience, set up an MFR farm with sludge boiler and it will make netherrack rather slowly
If you have built, or are close to building a Big Reactor, then MFRs mining laser will pull up a lot of nether ores, that, when pulverized, tend to yield netherrack as a secondary output.

--
edit - corrected crucible/barrel confustion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pyure

Beleriond01

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the swift reply Chris. Didn't know about the lava > stone crucible + redstone thingy...guess I'll be doing that for a lil while :)

Bel*.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the swift reply Chris. Didn't know about the lava > stone crucible + redstone thingy...guess I'll be doing that for a lil while :)

Bel*.
If you want to automate it, you can actually pipe the lava in, the redstone in (only one that's side specific, needs to go through the top), and netherack out.

Beleriond01

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks Ado. Was condering that indeed...currently have a soul sand mass production going on at the same level I intend to make netherrack now. Using a setup similar to what DW20 made in his AgS video a while back.

Before I do anything, however, I need to look into why my FPS have been lowish lately. I currently have 1 large tank with lava being fed by 64 crucibles creating lava. I'm guessing that's possibly the reason why :)

Bel*.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Netherrack can be made, by piping lava into an Ex Nihilo stone crucible and adding redstone.
Or, if you have more patience, set up an MFR farm with sludge boiler and it will make netherrack rather slowly
If you have built, or are close to building a Big Reactor, then MFRs mining laser will pull up a lot of nether ores, that, when pulverized, tend to yield netherrack as a secondary output.
stone barrel actually

Reactions: Beleriond01

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
It would be ... nice if the Ex Nihilo / Aliquo recipes got added to NEI. A lot of mods dont have any online documentation at all and seem to assume NEI is present for recipe discovery, so I think, wel all rely on it heavily.

Imnafoy

Jul 29, 2019
It would be ... nice if the Ex Nihilo / Aliquo recipes got added to NEI. A lot of mods dont have any online documentation at all and seem to assume NEI is present for recipe discovery, so I think, wel all rely on it heavily.
Actually.... ex nihilo already has nei plugin.... its in AS 2.1.4

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks Ado. Was condering that indeed...currently have a soul sand mass production going on at the same level I intend to make netherrack now. Using a setup similar to what DW20 made in his AgS video a while back.

Before I do anything, however, I need to look into why my FPS have been lowish lately. I currently have 1 large tank with lava being fed by 64 crucibles creating lava. I'm guessing that's possibly the reason why :)

Bel*.
Openblocks tank? And the fires/lava powering the crucibles? Both together equal bad performance.

Beleriond01

Jul 29, 2019
Openblocks tank? And the fires/lava powering the crucibles? Both together equal bad performance.

Indeed the combo you mentioned above. Problem I had was I could (obviously) not use netherrack to power the crucibles :) Will switch to that once I have some netherrack. Not sure I can avoid using the tanks though...

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Indeed the combo you mentioned above. Problem I had was I could (obviously) not use netherrack to power the crucibles :) Will switch to that once I have some netherrack. Not sure I can avoid using the tanks though...
use AE fluidstorage when you reach it (you get a free fluid disk when starting the flow quests)

Reactions: Wagon153

Beleriond01

Jul 29, 2019
use AE fluidstorage when you reach it (you get a free fluid disk when starting the flow quests)

I'll be getting into AE and thus fluid storage w/i AE very soon. Will probably need to do some reading up since I haven't got the foggiest on how to use the fluid "addon" to AE yet :)

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I'll be getting into AE and thus fluid storage w/i AE very soon. Will probably need to do some reading up since I haven't got the foggiest on how to use the fluid "addon" to AE yet :)
pretty much the same, except you use fluid counterparts instead of the normal.
(Connects into the same type of AE system/controller)

Beleriond01

Jul 29, 2019
pretty much the same, except you use fluid counterparts instead of the normal.
(Connects into the same type of AE system/controller)

Adonis, I specifically meant the Liquicrafter (MFR iirc?). I think I know how to use/work with the cables where fluids are concerned (though I haven't actually used them yet it seems straightforward). What I mostly need to look into is how I can use the AE liquid storage together with the Liquicrafter in order to craft items and how to provide liquid to machines (i.e. lava to magmatic engines).

Thanks for the intel though :)

Bel*.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Adonis, I specifically meant the Liquicrafter (MFR iirc?). I think I know how to use/work with the cables where fluids are concerned (though I haven't actually used them yet it seems straightforward). What I mostly need to look into is how I can use the AE liquid storage together with the Liquicrafter in order to craft items and how to provide liquid to machines (i.e. lava to magmatic engines).

Thanks for the intel though :)

Bel*.
There's a liquicrafter for MFR and another one for Extra-cells
MFR one is easy, just like a cyclic assembler, except requires a redstone pulse to craft

The extra-cells one however is much more handy imo.
I used to think you had to place it in the MAC (Where the processors and pattern holders are) but other forum goers have said that it just needs to be connected to your network.

But what it does is convert any bucket of liquid in a recipe to a source block of liquid that will be taken from your fluid drive.