Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, the round-robin setting goes to every available destination in turn. I think that blacklisting items you don't want ending up down a particular path is a great idea.

I don't like the idea of blacklisting an item void as that can come back to bite you later on. For what I want to do, I'm just going to have to use a buffer for each item I want to distribute round-robin-style and keep that ducting separate. This way I can get what I want do how I want it done and not worry about overflow backfilling into places where it shouldn't.

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
This setup has always had stuff going where it's supposed to / or into the chest when the barrels get full. Since you're using the adv cabinet, is there room for the armors in the adv cabinet that are ending up in your dually dense chest [total item limit = 540]?
Shouldn't be full, I was able to put the 'overflow' items into the cabinet.

oops, i misunderstood your previous post. setup on screenshot should be working as you think it should. however you should check if the setup is boundaries of one chunk(F9 was it?), judging by others people's reports, it seems to be a source of trouble for TE stuff when the setup isn't in one chunk.

Ah, the grinders on the far side are in another chunk. I guess putting tesseracts on them would help then?

Edit:
The problem is that filing cabinets have only one slot to put things into, and if several items try to enter within a couple of ticks of each other, only one gets in. I could solve that by having two advanced filing cabinets in a row, but honestly I don't get a lot of non-stackables in my final chest. So I move 'em by hand. As for dense itemducts, just because your stuff is less likely to go elsewhere doesn't mean you have precise flow control! If a destination is blocked, backstuffed items will go to the next available inventory, even if the blocked output is freed up in the next tick after they choose their new path.
I thought that was it. Yeah, making another adv cabinet for this is more annoying than just moving them by hand, lol. Ah well, I'm checking in there anyway to see if anything interesting wound up in there.

Last edited:

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
I remember a way to subnetwork AE in 1.5 where one network could see/share the other's inventory [it's been awhile]. I think it involved an ME Interface. What I'm trying to do is separate my storage and crafting networks where the MAC can pull from the storage network. Reasoning is I need free space to craft but I don't want that crafting space to be used as storage overflow. Any ideas?

Edit: yay internets! Storage Bus on the crafting side connected to an Interface on the storage side.

Reactions: Zeeth_Kyrah

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
For awhile now I've noticed these strange cloudy balls scattered throughout the map [what I can see from my platform anyway]. Today, I just happened to look at one through the thaum-meter. They're nodes, aren't they. I thought they were invisible without using some kind of magical device to see them?

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019
For awhile now I've noticed these strange cloudy balls scattered throughout the map [what I can see from my platform anyway]. Today, I just happened to look at one through the thaum-meter. They're nodes, aren't they. I thought they were invisible without using some kind of magical device to see them?

By "platform", do you mean to say you're playing flat-map? Yeah, there are nodes. There's a 100vis node of each primary aspect roughly equidistant N, S, E, W...not sure which direction is what, but the order is aer, aqua, ignis, terra, and up (ordo), and down (perditio). Early game you can use them as-is to recharge your wand, then once you have the thaumium bossed silverwood wand, use the "node in a jar" trick to move them to your TC area. Then a wand recharge station and compound recharge focus is a great call. There are also random nodes scattered around down at height 2-10, probably as far as you care to fly/build.

Nodes aren't invisible, they're just much harder to see/find without a device. You also can't see what kind, what's in them, or how much without the device. But you can see something is there.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
By "platform", do you mean to say you're playing flat-map? Yeah, there are nodes. There's a 100vis node of each primary aspect roughly equidistant N, S, E, W...not sure which direction is what, but the order is aer, aqua, ignis, terra, and up (ordo), and down (perditio). Early game you can use them as-is to recharge your wand, then once you have the thaumium bossed silverwood wand, use the "node in a jar" trick to move them to your TC area. Then a wand recharge station and compound recharge focus is a great call. There are also random nodes scattered around down at height 2-10, probably as far as you care to fly/build.

Nodes aren't invisible, they're just much harder to see/find without a device. You also can't see what kind, what's in them, or how much without the device. But you can see something is there.

Yup...playing the default map [no island and house this time around]. After my last restart I downloaded this map by mistake and just stuck with it. I thought the nodes were invisible to Steve's naked-eye, as I've never seen any in any other map I've played. Was just wondering if that's what they were.

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
Yup...playing the default map [no island and house this time around]. After my last restart I downloaded this map by mistake and just stuck with it. I thought the nodes were invisible to Steve's naked-eye, as I've never seen any in any other map I've played. Was just wondering if that's what they were.
Funny story about this: The first time I played 1.6 modded, it was after being obscenely busy for about a month. So my computer was a little dusty. Yeah, there's a giant scratch on my monitor from where I tried to clean the aura node off of my screen... Yeah I felt really dumb when I noticed WAILA telling me it was a node...

Reactions: madnewmy

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
[pointless rant removed]

just a little FYI: if you move your items around via tesseracts and TE3 ducts AND you filter the tesseract's item output...you may need to use a buffer to get the sending tesseract to accept items.

edit: even if you have an item void on the receiving end

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, is it possible to make a Jungle Sapling?I need a Step-to-Step-guide for it.
can't give you step-by-step but a guideline of sorts.
if you get a reword bag with fruit tree saplings try growing them and see if the have jungle tree leaves that drop required saplings.
the other way is to bonemeal/watering(watering can) grass and growing sapling that spawn. grow them and see if the have jungle tree leaves.

Stronp

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, is it possible to make a Jungle Sapling?I need a Step-to-Step-guide for it.

You only need to plant a Exotic Seed - when placed in the ground, it will turn into a jungle sapling.

The exotic Seed is obtained by sifting Sand iirc, though it could be dirt so check it in NEI

rowhon

Jul 29, 2019
is there a way to copy enchanted books.... i've tried the typesetting table with the printing press but i cant even place the enchanted book in the slot for the book

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019
is there a way to copy enchanted books.... i've tried the typesetting table with the printing press but i cant even place the enchanted book in the slot for the book
Talking about an enchanted book, like from an enchanting table (has a ribbon), or a book with an enchantment on it (looks normal, but glowing purple)?

If w/ enchantment, you need to remove that in an auto-disenchanter onto a normal book, then you can throw that in the typesetting table with a chase. If you have enough levels of XP, shift-right to make the enchanted chase for the printing press. Toss it in, at least 1 ink and one book, you'll get your "original" back. Might as well just toss a stack of ink on, and 3 books at a time.

That'll let you combine two for a stronger enchantment, and have one more for more copies.

rowhon

Jul 29, 2019
Talking about an enchanted book, like from an enchanting table (has a ribbon), or a book with an enchantment on it (looks normal, but glowing purple)?

If w/ enchantment, you need to remove that in an auto-disenchanter onto a normal book, then you can throw that in the typesetting table with a chase. If you have enough levels of XP, shift-right to make the enchanted chase for the printing press. Toss it in, at least 1 ink and one book, you'll get your "original" back. Might as well just toss a stack of ink on, and 3 books at a time.

That'll let you combine two for a stronger enchantment, and have one more for more copies.
Thanks man i guess i wasn't using the right kind of book i was using normal books i got from mob drops thanks a bunch man

Reactions: pjfranke

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Back again...

Having issues with ME colored cables connecting through buses and shorting out both my networks. I've got 3 redstone furnaces all in a row, 2 make bread and one toast. They sit on a row of cyclic assembler and get power from the back. Only have the tops and the sides to import/export. So I'm trying to export dough to the two end furnaces and import toast from the middle, all through the tops. Exports are MAC network, import is storage. Black cable exports the dough through 2 precision export buses. White cable imports the toast through a basic import bus.

I saw what was happening above and I'll leave it for educational purposes. With all 3 buses in a row, on 2 different networks, ME was getting confused. So I changed the configuration so that I'm exporting through the tops and importing from each side. Still have an issue, and this isn't supposed to work this way!

Actually it is [must read fine print]. To get a colored bus, and prevent it from connecting to another color/uncolored me cable, point cursor at colored cable [not machine face] and right-click. Then turn bus with wrench/hammer. I guess coding this was easier than making the bus become the color of the cable it connects to, and/or if the bus is already connected to a cable, then it doesn't change color? Or maybe allowing the buses/cables to be dyed by hand? You know, the intuitive way...

At least my stuff's sorted [grumble].

edit: unrelated question...what food(s) provide the longest saturation/greatest number meat pops restored anyway? Couldn't find any converging infos on the interwebs.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Having issues with ME colored cables connecting through buses and shorting out both my networks. I've got 3 redstone furnaces all in a row, 2 make bread and one toast. They sit on a row of cyclic assembler and get power from the back. Only have the tops and the sides to import/export. So I'm trying to export dough to the two end furnaces and import toast from the middle, all through the tops. Exports are MAC network, import is storage. Black cable exports the dough through 2 precision export buses. White cable imports the toast through a basic import bus.
from what i get you export dough into 2 furnaces then you import bread back, then you export it to 3rd furnace and import toast into different network? that's unnecessarily complicated.
you just need to export dough into sides of 2 furnaces, make them export bread into 3rd one and take toasts back from the top.

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
Back again...

I saw what was happening above and I'll leave it for educational purposes. With all 3 buses in a row, on 2 different networks, ME was getting confused. So I changed the configuration so that I'm exporting through the tops and importing from each side. Still have an issue, and this isn't supposed to work this way!

Actually it is [must read fine print]. To get a colored bus, and prevent it from connecting to another color/uncolored me cable, point cursor at colored cable [not machine face] and right-click. Then turn bus with wrench/hammer. I guess coding this was easier than making the bus become the color of the cable it connects to, and/or if the bus is already connected to a cable, then it doesn't change color? Or maybe allowing the buses/cables to be dyed by hand? You know, the intuitive way...

At least my stuff's sorted [grumble].

edit: unrelated question...what food(s) provide the longest saturation/greatest number meat pops restored anyway? Couldn't find any converging infos on the interwebs.
As Direwolf20 showed on his single-player LP recently, you can right-click the bus with a colored cable to change its color. The cable will also be placed, but you can use a wrench to get it back if it's in the wrong position.