Agrarian 'Derp' Skies

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I almost had a major derp last night. Jumped off one of my islands to fly to another part of my base, when I suddenly remembered after pressing jump my jetpack was actually being recharged. Frantic key presses ensured I was just able to cling to the railing I have around my platforms.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
One of the planters in my farm wasn't working right, so I dug out a couple dirt blocks to fix it. (configuration error on my part.) Under these particular dirt blocks, I had ME cable and conduit, so I sank a bit lower than a block down. I couldn't jump out of the hole I was in. In any direction I dug, I was hitting more cable, and so still stuck. I really didn't want to dig up my farm full of crops just to get out, but I couldn't think of what else to do. Just then it dawned on me. Use my jetpack...
I expected "then I jumped into the void" :p

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Yeeees I finally got someone with that reward ... squeeee <3
If it makes you feel better, you got my server owner with it too
the conversation went something like this
Him:"Finally! I got a jetpack from the rewards"
Me:"What tier?"
H: Lowest
M: Well, if you mean lowest as in potato don't use it yourself, but throw it at a zombie. else lowest as in leadstone that's pretty good
Server owner was killed by attempting to fly a potato
H: I should have listened to you..

Oxygene

Jul 29, 2019
My worst one was on my first playthriugh, of which I ragequit at my own idiocy! Spent ages and ages grinding enough mats manually to get a tinkers lumber axe made of alumite. Went over to my tree farm thinking "ahha now I will be like a hot knife thriugh butter and will have ample resources ever after". Unfortunately being one of the earliest areas I constructed, the area surrounding each dirt block was wooden slabs. I had a lot of time on the way down to think about how mich I was about to lose :( I had a lot of resources on me.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jadedcat

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Is there anyone good way of automating the production of dirt?
2 main options, shearing treefarm with a ****ton of barrels (insert leaves in the top and output out the bottom)

or an enderquarry with autonomous activator digging the dirt it replaced dropped sand with

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
I very nearly did that when I first started. Got the lumber axe, walked up to the tree, was about to start swinging, and realized I was standing on a giant wood platform. Given that I'd previously chopped down an entire 5 block high, 135 diameter circular wooden wall I'd built in Unleashed because my tree farm was too close to the wall (I was chopping the tree farm down because I didn't want it so close to the wall...yeah, that was a pain to rebuild), I should have realized the danger before I even thought about about taking axe to tree.

EpicPieGuy

Jul 29, 2019
2 main options, shearing treefarm with a ****ton of barrels (insert leaves in the top and output out the bottom)

or an enderquarry with autonomous activator digging the dirt it replaced dropped sand with
Using itemducts? It doesnt seem to be pulling out the dirt from my barrels.

I didnt really get what you said about the ender quarry and aut. Activator, can you explain?

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
it takes some time before leaves get turned into dirt make sure it is full as well (8 leaf blocks to a dirt)

ender quarry turns blocks into dirt as it mines them, you can drop sand in front of an AA and let that mine it up after the sand gets turned

EpicPieGuy

Jul 29, 2019
it takes some time before leaves get turned into dirt make sure it is full as well (8 leaf blocks to a dirt)

ender quarry turns blocks into dirt as it mines them, you can drop sand in front of an AA and let that mine it up after the sand gets turned
Oh, ill stick withthe barrels :p, but the dirt in my barrels arent getting sucked out, and they are fully composted.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, ill stick withthe barrels :p, but the dirt in my barrels arent getting sucked out, and they are fully composted.
You can only pull items out of the barrels from the bottom. A Hopper or items ducts on the bottom should work just fine.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
i'm gonna make me a bucket of bloood. for this i'm gonna jump into a furnace. why does it take so much time to get just 1 bucket? maybe if i take off my armour it's gonna fill up faster? hey, why am i dead?

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
i'm gonna make me a bucket of bloood. for this i'm gonna jump into a furnace. why does it take so much time to get just 1 bucket? maybe if i take off my armour it's gonna fill up faster? hey, why am i dead?

You could make your smeltery higher than mob height and leave the insides unlight. And come home to wonder why is your tank now having 2000mb of blood and liquid ender to boot?

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anyone good way of automating the production of dirt?
Another option: at some point, you're going to need to turn water into witch water next to mycelium. May as well get some mushrooms on that mycelium at the same time, and a block breaker to break the mushrooms and toss them into a compost heap at the same time.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
You could make your smeltery higher than mob height and leave the insides unlight. And come home to wonder why is your tank now having 2000mb of blood and liquid ender to boot?
the funny thing is, i needed bucket of blood(as it appeared a small amount in portable tank is enough) to filter out blood that's been clogging my ore processing smelteries.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
the funny thing is, i needed bucket of blood(as it appeared a small amount in portable tank is enough) to filter out blood that's been clogging my ore processing smelteries.

Use spawn eggs to place a bunch of passives in there. You should be able to get a bucket of blood. Of course, you could just jump in there yourself and fill it that way.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I facepalmed quite hard yesterday... I installed veinminer to speed up the beginning phase of the map
I know people find veinminer overpowered, but I'm only using it to quickly take down the leaves from trees and to quickly hammer cobble/gravel/sand/gravel ore/sand ore
honestly, it takes the durability of your tools and also uses up your hunger, which is pretty balanced for me since hunger is pretty important in this pack

so ofcourse I was building a platform and make the platform a bit too big, but I didn't want to lose all that cobble that I mined
so why not use a hammer and quickly convert it into gravel right? aah yes, I forgot, my whole platform is made out of cobble and veinminer mines up a large chunk

fffffffffffrrrrrrrrrrreeeeffffffffffaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg

Reactions: netmc