After crashing playing direwolf20 mod pack, my world disappeared

pk103hk

Jul 29, 2019
I was playing direwolf20 mod pack 1.0.10
When I right click on my ME storage system, it is bugged with no power, when I have power applied to it, and it works perfectly fine before.
Then the game crashed with no logs.

After I restarted the game, it said there is new version (1.0.11), so I install the new version,
then after I downloaded the new version, my world disappeared on the world selecting page.
I went to my save folder, it is still here, but couldn't load at all (rename, replace with other level.dat)

So I try copying my single player world folder into my server folder, and I start a server that I joined with no problem, it works fine, and the ME storage system is back online.
I tried copy that save back to my single player save folder, but with no luck, the world still didn't shown up in world select page.

So what I am asking is, is that possible to fix the world back to normal that I can use on single player?
Thank you.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
I'd recommend you try removing and reinstalling FTB/DW20, and then copy your world over into the fresh install.

pk103hk

Jul 29, 2019
Just tried that method, no luck, it still didn't shown up on the world select page.
Thanks tho.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Saw something about this earlier, wish I could remember where.

Someone suggested to me that this might be fixable by creating a new world, and replacing the data in that world's folder with your old world's data.

pk103hk

Jul 29, 2019
I saw some video on youtube about fixing that problem on vanilla minecraft, I tried that it works with mod too.
But bad thing is that, even i use the same seed, the non-visited chunks generate new terrain that doesn't match the saved chunks. (maybe due to upgrade version of mod pack, old seed will generate totally new "looks")
it looks bad, but well, at least I got my items and my home back.

Thanks for helping.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
You're welcome. I think that last may just be due to changes in BoP/ATG, if you're using either.