Additional mods

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

zethr1n

Jul 29, 2019
What mods do you guys add to your ftb modpack?

ive currently added a few like
Soul Shards
Additonal Pipes
and im trying to add addtional buildcraft objects but everytime i do, i get a error screne below, if you know what im doing wrong let me know, im adding the one that matchs the buildcraft version i believe

Attachments

• error.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 91

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
I add EE3. ATT it's basically just a transmutation stone with limited uses that also works for portable crafting. Currently there are only 133 recipes, including a bunch of being able to smelt stuff as well.

I also update Ender Storage so I don't have to deal with the shift+Click=crash.

I have thought about updating Gregtech to fix some of its issues, but I think I am going to wait for the next modpack update which will probably include the newer version anyways.

zethr1n

Jul 29, 2019
nice, im trying to add some more just for fun, like armor stand is a fun mod even tho its useless. still wish i could get additonal bc objects to work so i could have valve pipes and stuff -_-

lindyhopfan

Jul 29, 2019
I really like Metallurgy. When FTB modpack updates to 1.4.5 I will probably add it in, since there have been a lot of balance improvements in the latest version and use can now set ores from other mods to spawn according to its system, fixing annoyances like the multiple types of silver that are in default FTB now. If you want to try it out, I do recommend going into the Metallurgy configs and bumping up the spawn rate of vanilla ores so as to have enough copper, tin, iron, etc for use by the other mods.

Brandonn Richmond

Jul 29, 2019
I saw Metallurgy but avoided it because it adds too much. I'm not sure how I'd keep track of what is better than what without constantly checking a guide. But you say it can fix the ore issue? Is there any way to have it only do that?

FrenchKafka

Jul 29, 2019
I'd really like to add in Balkon's weapon mod, because I adore the musket and all the weapon options, but I can't get it to work.

Anyone who installs it able to help out?

MCJinzha

Jul 29, 2019
I personally added Soul Shards and Power Converters(MJ->EU, EU->MJ). I want to add NetherOres before generating a Nether, but it only comes for 1.3 or 1.4.4, so npt working on FTB, which is 1.4.2 :(

madaffacca

Jul 29, 2019
Uh, cool, I have a question for those who added SoulShards. Is it just about adding the mod via launcher or are there any config line to mess up with?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I have enabled:
AdvancedPowerManagement-1.1.30-IC2_1.108.jar
compactsolars-universal-3.1.1.16.zip
matmos_packaged.zip
mod_aMCt-0.5.5alpha-mc1.4.2.zip
NetherOres 1.4.2.zip
PowerConverters 1.4.2.zip
Ruins_1.4.2.zip

and disabled:
AdvancedSolarPanels_3_2_0.zip.disabled
Factorization-0.6.9_563.jar.disabled
GregTechmod.zip.disabled
portalgun1.4.2v0.3_universal.zip.disabled

MCJinzha

Jul 29, 2019
I have Netherores running with 1.4.2 AtomicStrykers Netherores(formerly Tehcrush's netherores) it's the top one at the bottom of the page.
Thanks, it confused me because it's called "Nether Ores 1.2.5 for Minecraft 1.4.2 [and optional*next IC2* Macerators". Version 1.2.5 of the mod, not the game :x . I so silly.

Uh, cool, I have a question for those who added SoulShards. Is it just about adding the mod via launcher or are there any config line to mess up with?
I just added the mod and it seems to work.

Awesomeguy981

Jul 29, 2019
You can take my suggestion or throw it out the window your choice. I think that they should add the car mod to their pack. Think about it, we can build aperture science portal guns and we can't build a car. It doesn't make since.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
The portal guns are, at least by the crafting recipe, powered by the magic of endermen, adapting their teleportation methods to open portals. Cars can't be handwaved in that way.