About GregTech Machines Blowing Up In The Rain

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
HOLY SHIT GREG STAHP RIGHT NOW
GREG
FOR GOD'S SAKE
HAVE MERCY
ON ALL OF US
NOT IN ONE'S MISTAKE
DO NOT FORCE US TO EITHER ADVENTURE TO DEATH/MAKE AN INDUSTRIAL BLAST FURNACE TO GET A FREAKING MACERATOR!
PLEASE
HAVE MERCY ON OUR SOUL
OH LORD OF NERF AND POWER
PLEASE
STAHP

WaterTipper

Jul 29, 2019
Also guess what Greg did?

You know the way there was a giant thread about some guy who couldn't use NEI properly and was complaining that he needed plates to make a plate bending machine, and needed a plate bending machine to make plates? However one could alternatively use ingots?

Well, now, Greg is implementing a manual, inefficient way to make plates using a hammer, at 2 ingots = 1 plate, and disabling the alternate ingot recipes for the Various things that could use ingots instead of plates.

Just thought I'd through that into the mix and see how over-hyped y'all get.

So, instead of Feed the Beast, Greg's turning this game into IndustrialFirmaCraft now?

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
I thought I heard that Mojang were going to change all the cobblestone recipes to use stone. (Except furnace of course.) Or maybe they changed their minds :(

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Seems Greg even got into vanilla :p

And about stone - they would need a new piston texture then, dye to it using cobble.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I thought I heard that Mojang were going to change all the cobblestone recipes to use stone. (Except furnace of course.) Or maybe they changed their minds :(
Dinnerbone was asking about it on the twitter. I don't know what came of that in terms of actual game changes

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
Not really - if you stand still, you don't lose hunger, so people sometimes stand and use themselves as free Chunkloaders, even when not playing, or to level up at endenic bees.
By making you lose hunger, this is prevented, as one would starve to death.

Quite a unique way of doing so, I think.
But it can definitely be annoying, yes.

Quantum armor helmet + food cans. Done.

schyman

Jul 29, 2019
Not really - if you stand still, you don't lose hunger, so people sometimes stand and use themselves as free Chunkloaders, even when not playing, or to level up at endenic bees.
By making you lose hunger, this is prevented, as one would starve to death.

Quite a unique way of doing so, I think.
But it can definitely be annoying, yes.
Do you know how that relates to minecarts? Because if it drains while you ride a minecart, one of the primary benefits of a minecart - being able to relax, do other stuff and not pay as much attention and not actively running disappears. If it doesn't drain in a minecart, then there's a simple workaround for the deliberate AFK'ers.

As someone who likes minecarts, I don't like this method at all.[DOUBLEPOST=1372183466][/DOUBLEPOST]
I don't think Gregtech is meant to be good. It's more of a dare to show off to your friends. Like, "Hey everyone, I just ate fried sheep intestine!" or, "Hey everyone, I'm playing with Gregtech!"
I generally like gregtech (though not everything) and don't think it's much to "show off" - it's still easier than vanilla. People who want to play something to show off play TerraFirmaCraft at hardcore mode and make sure to get the high-end metals.

Reactions: Chocorate

Claudia

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not against machines blowing up in the rain, actually i think it's a kind of neat addition. However:
1. One should be able to waterproof them by crafting them with 8 rubber around them.
2. They should only blow up in actual rain. Not when you're in a middle of a desert.

Regarding point #1, craft a plate from any one ingot, and apply it to the top of your machines to prevent them from blowing up. Waterproofing.

Note you will not be able to interact with that machines face while the plate is on it, but once you have something else you'd like to put ontop, just remove it with a crowbar again and be on your way. I've got copper plates ontop of all my GT machines until I can decide how I want my roof designed. No big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.