32x [32x] JohnSmith Technician's Remix

Zica

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Zira,

I just realised the mycelium texture I put up still had a few greenish pixels in one corner that created a yuck repeating effect. I've attached the fixed version to this post.

Your texture is added in, thanks for that.

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
Um I haven't really done much with the xycraft stuff since I first did the blocks, but it's something that's in the pipeline to update.

In regards to Gregtech, one of the reasons it hasn't been done is because it adds a ton of new items and blocks, almost on par with IC2 itself, and will take a long while to texture, and once we start on it, it's yet another mod to keep up to date to avoid missing textures. It will probably get done eventually, but if anyone wants to take a crack it it, feel free, just try to follow the existing JSTR textures for IC2 :)

Fair enough, I might take a swing at, but it's a lot of work, so I understand the hesitance. I wouldn't consider it a pressing matter.

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
Another tiny bit: The RP2-Batbox has two fields where one may charge or discharge a battery. I simply added some borders to these fields. (Yeahyeah, my ocdgnome kicked me again^^)
batbox.png

Glowstrontium

Jul 29, 2019
Another tiny bit: The RP2-Batbox has two fields where one may charge or discharge a battery. I simply added some borders to these fields. (Yeahyeah, my ocdgnome kicked me again^^)
Thanks for that, I noticed that just the other day and then forgot - I'm surprised nobody has reported it yet since that was one of the first GUI's I did.

wizy

Jul 29, 2019
i dont know if anyone said that already, but it appears that seed bag (red power 2 i think ) has no texture.

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
i dont know if anyone said that already, but it appears that seed bag (red power 2 i think ) has no texture.
Lots of new RP2 stuff has no texture yet (slabs, covers, new basalt blocks, canvas and canvas bags, etc.). I'm hoping one of these talented artists decides to take on this project as their next challenge. :)

tragische

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there!
Thank you so much for your work! I love JS texture pack and I use them and only them since version 3 or something like that) It's so great and so "classic".
Lots of time I played only original Minecraft with no mods installed, but recently I started to play with some mods and I was happy as hell then I found your work! Thank you guys so much!

Now to business: can I contribute my textures to your pack? I'm currently adding missing textures for Forestry and correcting some other Forestry textures to look more "johnsmitish". I'm doing it for my own pleasure but I'd just like to share :rolleyes:

Glowstrontium

Jul 29, 2019
***NOTICE***
The dropbox account has been suspended due to excessive bandwidth (again), please go HERE for mirror links. Sorry for any inconvenience.
-----------------------------------------​
Lots of new RP2 stuff has no texture yet (slabs, covers, new basalt blocks, canvas and canvas bags, etc.). I'm hoping one of these talented artists decides to take on this project as their next challenge. :)

Hmm something must be wrong on your end, as the only texture I know to be missing from the current version of the pack in regards to RP2 is the seed bag sprite. The new basalt blocks and canvas bags definitely have textures, because not only did I make them the day after RP2pre6 was released, we're all using them without problem - maybe try redownloading as you may have a glitched version of the download. The RP microblocks take their textures directly from the respective blocks, so they shouldn't have any issues.

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
***NOTICE***
The dropbox account has been suspended due to excessive bandwidth (again), please go HERE for mirror links. Sorry for any inconvenience.
-----------------------------------------​

Hmm something must be wrong on your end, as the only texture I know to be missing from the current version of the pack in regards to RP2 is the seed bag sprite. The new basalt blocks and canvas bags definitely have textures, because not only did I make them the day after RP2pre6 was released, we're all using them without problem - maybe try redownloading as you may have a glitched version of the download. The RP microblocks take their textures directly from the respective blocks, so they shouldn't have any issues.
Will do. It did seem weird. And thanks. :)

Zica

Jul 29, 2019

Hmm, we had a similar story to this. Are you possibly on a mac?

wizy

Jul 29, 2019
and i noticed one more problem , some of the text on machines GUI is hard to read because of dark background because they use black font , idk if that was intended but it puts some strain on eyes .

Minifig

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone have a download link for this? The drop box link is fried because it got too much traffic .. :(

DrCeph

Jul 29, 2019

I'm on a mac and I had the same issue in a new DW20 map. I reconnected to the map the next day to take some screenshots and it had magically fixed itself. I think it might be some strange Optifine interplay with the Mac display drivers, as I've only ever had it after installing Optifine.

Zica

Jul 29, 2019
and i noticed one more problem , some of the text on machines GUI is hard to read because of dark background because they use black font , idk if that was intended but it puts some strain on eyes .

There's nothing we can do about that. The color is hard coded into the game, and the only way to fix it would be to redesign every single GUI in the game.

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
Missing texture report: The Potato Gun is invisible in the inventory and NEI. It was quite an adventure finding it (turned out it was in my Bag of Holding, which confuses me even without invisible items.)

No, on a PC. I think this one was on me. I had kind of a mixed-up jumble of JS texture packs, dating back to when you still had it on Google Drive. I started fresh with the John Smith Mod Support pack and it worked great.

Try accessing the machines with nothing in your hand. For some reason the text is lighter and more readable that way (somebody already found this and posted it here, just repeating what they said.)

wizy

Jul 29, 2019
DW20 , after i updated it it became invisible , might be smth on my side then .