32x [32x] JohnSmith Technician's Remix

Glowstrontium

Jul 29, 2019
The website (and the whole host) did appear to go down for short period earlier - It seems to happen every now and then, but usually only lasts a few minutes.

grindle2000

Jul 29, 2019
So what is the official word on interface backgrounds? This works but I'm sorry grindle I'm not sure if you're part of the JSTR team or not.

I agree that it doesn't make sense to "remix" this for a technical pack and then leave hanging with transparent interface backgrounds :( I'm able to use the modpack only because I'm using familiar blocks so I know what is what in the interfaces. I'm about to branch out and explore some of the new mod packs and I already know I'm going to have to turn JSTR off because I won't be able to use the machines until I learn their interfaces.

Just a heads up for everyone I am in no way affiliated with the "Official Team" Im just a user who really wanted to use this texture pack and my eye sight isnt good enough to see the GUIs .

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
For my custom JSTR mix, I use the guis from Isabella II:FTB. For those wanting to create custom GUIs in this style, bonemouse has a Photoshop template (see the bottom of the page) for this purpose. These are 16x, but I am working on a 32x version of the template.
Quick fix: The link to the PSD template is actually this one here. Found in the lower part of the post, look for "Mod Support (and Remixes)". Yours brought up the frontpage of the MCF. =)

Reactions: ScottKillen

Slaagathor

Jul 29, 2019
It appears that there is no texture for cactus paste, its completely invisible. Cactus -> Cactus paste -> Cactus green (both cactus and cactus green are fine.

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
It appears that there is no texture for cactus paste, its completely invisible. Cactus -> Cactus paste -> Cactus green (both cactus and cactus green are fine.
Sneaky ExtraBiomes. ;)

I'll take care of it, once I am back home this evening. See 2 posts below.

EntityOmega

Jul 29, 2019

Slaagathor

Jul 29, 2019
Woot, I can tell whats in my storage, and it is quite green! Now it appears to have a solid white background rather than transparent, so when holding it in your hand, it looks like a green paste on a white square.

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
Now it appears to have a solid white background rather than transparent, so when holding it in your hand, it looks like a green paste on a white square.
Oh shoot! I forgot to remove the 32x32 background-pattern! >.< I uploaded a fixed version for the fixed version. If I did not screw anything up this time, you should now have green goo without the white square. Terribly sorry, t'was my mistake.

Slaagathor

Jul 29, 2019
No worries! Its awesome to have someone actively working on this. So many texture packs (and mods for that matter) are created and then left to languish.

Next up: Log turner, also has white background!

I may run across more, I'm doing some major spring cleaning of my "misc" chests... oi! I collect a ton of crap!

Vyvy

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys. Great work with all the mod textures, they fit so well with the John Smiths theme!

Although I was wondering if there are any plans to texture Immibis' industrial tesla coils? All the ARS forcefield stuff is done but it would be sweet to have some textures for the new modular tesla coils too :D