32x [32x] JohnSmith Technician's Remix

Zica

Jul 29, 2019
Looks great. This pack should be added to the launcher.

I talked to jjw about a month ago, and he said he wanted every texture to be done, so I feel that we should acknowledge that. Once we complete every texture, i'll send it to him.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
I talked to jjw about a month ago, and he said he wanted every texture to be done, so I feel that we should acknowledge that. Once we complete every texture, i'll send it to him.
Good to know. I noticed that a fair few thaumcraft textures arent done, mostly new ones.

try2bcool

Jul 29, 2019
I don't like the stonebrick and smoothstone in the technicians remix pack, so when I found the legacy pack I was delighted to find that it has the ones I do like...unfortunately, the Soul Forge texture is missing completely, so I now have an x-ray machine. :)

Now if you could change the 2 sandstone types that you used to be able to make cool-looking columns out of, that would be perfect.

EntityOmega

Jul 29, 2019
Try2bcool, is not difficult to edit the textures yourself! If you can find the textures you want, just photoshop/MSpaint 'em into terrain.png. I actually happen to have custom terrain.png's, but probably not the exact one you are looking for. If you want to tell me exactly what you want, I might get around to making the terrain for you. I know what the sandstone column textures are that you are talking about, I have the file around here somewhere. The ones with the black vertical stripes right?
I also have the textures for glass with patterns in it, and the rough, slightly more real looking wool, if you want the lamp style glowstone I can do that too.
Post a reply with exactly what you want.

Zica

Jul 29, 2019
Try2bcool, is not difficult to edit the textures yourself! If you can find the textures you want, just photoshop/MSpaint 'em into terrain.png. I actually happen to have custom terrain.png's, but probably not the exact one you are looking for. If you want to tell me exactly what you want, I might get around to making the terrain for you. I know what the sandstone column textures are that you are talking about, I have the file around here somewhere. The ones with the black vertical stripes right?
I also have the textures for glass with patterns in it, and the rough, slightly more real looking wool, if you want the lamp style glowstone I can do that too.

For the love of all that is holy, do not use MSPaint. That is the plague of technology. If you're looking for a free alternative, look at gimp.org.

try2bcool

Jul 29, 2019

I appreciate the offer, but I really need to learn to do it myself, I just can't seem to stop playing FTB long enough to get 'er done. I have the old versions of JS to do it with, and I have Photoshop and Gimp, so that's not a problem. I've been playing MC for 2 years and have just been too lazy to figure it out.

Saitek2073

Jul 29, 2019
When is the textures going to be done for the MFFS stuff?

And the fireworks, they dont show up when you light them off

p3trify

Jul 29, 2019
"as those who use low quality mods can have low quality textures."

Your opinion, which is worth about as much as a grain of salt. Just because you don't like something doesn't make it low quality. By saying that line, you lose credibility as an artist for refusing to respect someone else's creative. Frankly, the work you do is making patches for someone else's texture pack, which is more "low quality" in the real scope of things. I'm also sorry to break it to you, but from what I've seen more people like GT than hate it

I'm a graphic artists and programmer *edit* and musician */edit*, and while there are many mods I dislike, I don't call them "low quality" just because of that, as I can respect their ideas. Grow up and grow a pair.

And while you're free to not make textures and hate GregTech all you want, the way you said that sentence is very condescending to people who like GregTech. It's almost as if you are referring to them as low quality people, which frankly would apply to you more, if you think like that. It's disrespectful.

You make textures (for other people's packs), that's nothing special, so don't get elitist.

Reactions: Omicron and Shwat

Lady_Oolong

Jul 29, 2019
Have you noticed that several of the most recent updates in the rolling changelog have been Gregtech stuff? :p

Zica

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having issues with the thaumcraft items since the new thaumcraft update could you please fix this?

What's exactly the problem?

When is the textures going to be done for the MFFS stuff?

And the fireworks, they dont show up when you light them off

Are you talking about the particles for the fireworks? Or the actual firework. I'll attempt to fix it, either way tonight.

Your opinion, which is worth about as much as a grain of salt. Just because you don't like something doesn't make it low quality. By saying that line, you lose credibility as an artist for refusing to respect someone else's creative. Frankly, the work you do is making patches for someone else's texture pack, which is more "low quality" in the real scope of things. I'm also sorry to break it to you, but from what I've seen more people like GT than hate it

I'm a graphic artists and programmer *edit* and musician */edit*, and while there are many mods I dislike, I don't call them "low quality" just because of that, as I can respect their ideas. Grow up and grow a pair.

And while you're free to not make textures and hate GregTech all you want, the way you said that sentence is very condescending to people who like GregTech. It's almost as if you are referring to them as low quality people, which frankly would apply to you more, if you think like that. It's disrespectful.

You make textures (for other people's packs), that's nothing special, so don't get elitist.

Chill, it's just one person's opinion. No need to flip shit. As you probably haven't noticed, over the past few weeks Glow and I have been working on gregtech textures...

Moltakkk111

Jul 29, 2019
The problem I'm having is since the lastest thaumcraft update the texture files seem to be changed
meaning that blocks have textures of other blocks and stuff that had textures before now don't,
you can test this on direwolf v5.

Mariosam123

Jul 29, 2019
If You Want You Can Come To My World:
f69gD.jpg

achwx.png

m8mjm.jpg

EZLWt.jpg

i1K4l.png

Credits:
JohnSmith
LazDude2012
Glowstrontium
Zicamox
JohnLemon

A note on licenses and stuff:
Do whatever you want with this texture pack. Want to host it on a different download for your own server? Go for it. Want to change the stone textures because you like something with more "feel" to it? Go for it.
The only thing we ask you not to do, is to take credit for something you didn't do. That's just a dick move, and you're not getting anywhere with it. Other than that, there's no restrictions.

Magnus

Jul 29, 2019
The problem I'm having is since the lastest thaumcraft update the texture files seem to be changed
meaning that blocks have textures of other blocks and stuff that had textures before now don't,
you can test this on direwolf v5.

Yeah he not only added new items but also moved some items between the core and terrain files because it was starting to fill up.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Yes, some textures have been moved around in the latest version of TC. Quite easy to fix, it's mainly all the item drops (brains, amber, etc) have moved from one texture file to the other.

Zica

Jul 29, 2019
Everyone looking for the new thaumcraft textures need to get it from minecraftforums.net here is a direct link to their thread http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1544827-32x-john-smith-technician’s-remix-125142-mod-support-ftb-tekkit-etc-js-but-with-mods/, they haven't updated the link here for some reason.

I learnt the hard way after spending a few hours in photoshop fixing it myself haha

My bad, the link should have updated. It's now updated to the proper version.

Reactions: Shwat