32x [32x] JohnSmith Technician's Remix

Blackdiamond890

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this is being worked on, but the links for the Technicians Remix are not working. I was looking through items and one of them said I need an update, so I went searching, and found that, well basically, there isn't any way for me to do so...

Just letting you know, if this was not caught beforehand, and I have not seen anybody mention it.

Zica

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this is being worked on, but the links for the Technicians Remix are not working. I was looking through items and one of them said I need an update, so I went searching, and found that, well basically, there isn't any way for me to do so...

Just letting you know, if this was not caught beforehand, and I have not seen anybody mention it.

The links on the website are working fine. Are you using the manual downloads or the patcher?

Blackdiamond890

Jul 29, 2019
It's working now... But I tried the link from three different locations, and they all gave me the same website and the same error. I tried from this thread, from the minecraft forum thread, and from jslegacy.com itself. the jstr.jslegacy.com page gave me an error, every time I tried to visit it an hour ago, saying something like, WhoIs page could not be found? I wasn't even able to see anything on the page, and thought somebody should know... But it appears to be working fine now, so I don't know what's going on.

Soulsbane96

Jul 29, 2019
Used the patcher and selected all the mods that are in the Direwolf pack, saved it and enabled it ingame, but it seems none of the mod textures are changed? Anything I did wrong?

EbicNinja

Jul 29, 2019
Used the patcher and selected all the mods that are in the Direwolf pack, saved it and enabled it ingame, but it seems none of the mod textures are changed? Anything I did wrong?
Did you download the base first and then patch that? (there is a button to download the base and then a button to patch)

Katrinya

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, talented artists! I think I said so a few months ago, but I really love this texture pack. I know you're busy converting your existing textures to be 1.5 compatible, and that will take awhile. And that's fine! But I was hoping to suggest that, when things settle down, you consider adding support for Chisel. (http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1749374-151smpforge-chisel/)

It adds a lot of aesthetic blocks and would likely be a lot of work to incorporate, but it's really a godsend to builders. The default textures work surprisingly well with JS (see below), so imagine how fantastic my basement would look if they matched completely! :) Anyway, just a suggestion.

Katrinya

Jul 29, 2019
Many of the default Chisel textures ARE from the Painterly pack... it says so in the mod thread. What you are seeing there is a mix of JSTR & default Chisel.

Zica

Jul 29, 2019
Oh dear. Those look so much like something from Painterly. :D

I think the issue is that, for some reason, the creator of JSTR forgot to format all the mod textures to the 1.5 format.

It's not as simple as "formatting" for 1.5. You have to go into the main sprite sheet, get the exact dimensions, crop it, create a new png, import the texture from the sprite sheet, save it, name it, and put it in the correct location. It doesn't seem like much, as each textures takes 2-3 minutes to do, but we're talking sprite sheets containing hundreds of textures, per mod. So it takes forever to do it, and is mind-boggling boring.

Alice

Jul 29, 2019
The same is happening with me - none of the mod textures are being added to the pack - it's very strange.

Any news on this?

If it's any help - I am using 1.4.7 Ultimate Pack. I definitely clicked the 1.4.x mod branch in the TP patcher as I tried it multiple times.

When I download and then patch the pack, then go and have a look in the tp folder it downloaded, it is only vanilla textures, none of the mod textures.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
While I would absolutely love seeing what you guys can do with Natura and Tinkers Constructs, those are -not- small mods, so I can understand them going on the plate well after Ultimate, but yanno... just tossing a couple of names into the hat if someone more talented with sprites than I am is willing to take a crack at it.

tragische

Jul 29, 2019
hi guys! long time no see! I made lots of stuff for forestry and buildcraft and I'd like to share)

942de1734aa4875630d95cf9956822cd.png

2a56bdbfa44ceb5ee5bef171e95f5126.png

and many more!

buildcraft stuff is not ready yet, but soon will be. and sappling icons not ready, they are really pain in the ass(

some more info here: http://www.behance.net/gallery/JohnSmith-Inspired-textures-for-Minecraft-mods-part-2/8556235
you can download it here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1302969/forestry.zip

senderfn

Jul 29, 2019
tragische your work is awesome. As much as I love the "default John Smith TP", Im including nearly every customtexture you are presenting here :)