152wgt Impossible Electronic Circuits?

untoast

Jul 29, 2019
In 152wgt, the current version the server I play on is running, gregtech makes it so you need a refined iron plate to make the circuits? But to make the plate, you need a plate bending machine, which also needs circuits. Uh, am I missing something?

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Did your server admin turn off the alt recipes, there should be at least 2 ways to make, naughty admin, or maybe you just missed the arrows on the nei pages.

tindin

Jul 29, 2019
nope in the newest download with no changes there is only one way..with plates, but you can make plates with and easy to craft hammer

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
untoast I was unaware of this change sry I was maybe being a little glib.

Cubstep12

Jul 29, 2019
Whoa whoa whoa, hold up. Electronic circuits now require plates to create, even in the crafting table? I know about using plates in the assembly machine but for basic crafting? Man, GT has really gone plate crazy lately. Plate this and plate that. Plates for everything! I gotta check this out myself.

Iridium Plates(from bending Iridium) to make Iridium Alloy to make Iridium Plates(to use in stuff like the Quantum Suit).
Yep, you need a refined iron iron plate for making one in the crafting table. Makes getting a plate bending machine almost vital for progression in IC2/GT due to the hammer taking two ingots for 1 plate.

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Plate bending machines are the new macerators, in the sense that they'll be the first machine you want to make.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
The first IC2 machine. I still prefer going with TC and TE first for the smelter and pulverizer respectively. That said with extrautils and emeralds needing compressors to turn into blocks you want to get something set up soonish on the IC2 side if you're near a village because of the trading post. That thing makes villager trading a breeze.