100% Shiny Ingot from Ferrous Ore

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Niels Henriksen

Jul 29, 2019
You can use Shiny Dust for Tesseract, Portable tank and Strongbox, but you get only 1 dust for each 10 ferrous ore in pulveriser. I found a way to get 100%.

Machines:
1 x Glacial Precipitator (to make snowball)
2 x Magma Crucible
2 x Fluid Transposer
1 x Induction Smelter
1 x Crafting table (or 4x4 craftingfield)

Materials for 1 shiny:
2 Snow Ball
1.5 Redstone dust
1 Cinnabar Ore
1 Ferrous Ore
0.5 Saltpeter

How to do:
1) Snowball in Fluid Transposer with Destabilized Redstone (from Magma Crucible) (200 mB) = Blizz Powder
2) Craft Blizz Powder + Redstone dust + Snow ball + Saltpeter = 2 Cryotheum Dust
3) Smelt 1 Cryotheum Dust in Magma Crucible = 250 mB Gelid Cryotheum
4) Fluid Transposer with Cinnabar Ore + 200 mB Gelid Cryotheum = 1 Cinnabar
5) Induction Smelter with Cinnabar + Ferrous Ore gives 3 Ferrous Ingot and 1 Shiny Ingot

Other ore can be used with Cinnabar to give 3 ingots instead of 2 dust in pulveriser.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
If you have a Silk Touch pickaxe or similar (like the TiCo Hammer), you can Silk Touch Redstone Ore and Pulverize that.

But, if you don't have Silk Touch, then, yes, the above technique is the best way to get 100% Shiny from Ferrous Ore.

As for saltpeter, I think it's niter, actually, and you can get that from pulverizing Sandstone, which is made from sand, which is made from pulverizing Cobblestone, which is in infinite amounts from Igneous Extruder ;-)

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I'm glad ResRise has platinum ore enabled. My current world is just barren of high mountains in which it is config'd to spawn. :'(

Also are Blizzes able to be spawned via MFR? If so that'd make this method a lot more palatable