[1.8][1.7.10] Utility Worlds 1.0.5 - Player-created mining and void dimensions

Niels Henriksen

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know why you get the impression that I found it as a problem. I am simply making him aware. If you kept reading the rest of the discussion, it will be clear.

Point taken - My self Im trying to make things that other had made to see how it can be done. Its a way to learn.

Reactions: AlCapella

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
Point taken - My self Im trying to make things that other had made to see how it can be done. Its a way to learn.

Trying to recreate what you already know is one sure way to learn. And it must be encouraged in my view. Good luck with your learning.

lavieen

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately I don't think this problem is solvable without using world edit. The NBT data of the portal block tile entity seems to have been corrupted.

Did you place down the portal block in a dimension other than the overworld?

As a quick "solution", I guess you could cheat in a new portal block and place it down in the overworld.

Yes I could do that but even so it would be really helpful if you could fix it. Oh, and is the ore generation the same as in the overworld or is it different? ;);)

Last edited:

lavieen

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately I don't think this problem is solvable without using world edit. The NBT data of the portal block tile entity seems to have been corrupted.

Did you place down the portal block in a dimension other than the overworld?

As a quick "solution", I guess you could cheat in a new portal block and place it down in the overworld.

No,I put it in the overworld but why does that matter? And as a suggestion, you should make dimension themed mining worlds i.e. a nether themed mining world or an end themed mining world.:)

Last edited:

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
Did you fix that bug with the portal block?
There are no known crash bugs when placing / using the portal block. However, if the world files and Mining Portal NBT data is corrupted due to any reason, there is no easy method to forcibly reopen a portal link (with mining portal blocks). This is something I have been thinking about implementing, but work is not ongoing.

It should no longer be a problem to use link books / other means of moving between dimensions however, since clients are now informed about all existing mining dimensions when they join a server.

Ommina

Aug 14, 2014
Feel free to use this mod as you see fit, it's not open source at the moment. I don't have a bug tracker, but if you notice any problems please post about it in this thread. Thanks!

I'm afraid I didn't get very far at all:

Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: Metorites
at zarkov.miningworlds.MiningWorlds.init(MiningWorlds.java:71)

Full crash-report, if it helps. The only mod on the list that adds meteors is AE2, but I am using the rv2 alpha. Mayhaps things have changed between then and now.

(edit)

Followup: Reverting AE2 to rv1-stable removed the crash. Returning to rv-2 alpha and the crash returned and I was all sad.

Last edited:

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
Followup: Reverting AE2 to rv1-stable removed the crash. Returning to rv-2 alpha and the crash returned and I was all sad.
Thanks for letting me know. I'm using the API from AE2 to disable meteor generation in the mining worlds, and something seems to have changed there.

I will see if I can adapt to using both API versions in that case, or worst case just handle and ignore the exception (meaning meteors will show up with rv2-alpha).

Edit: Attached new version 0.9.7 where this is fixed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ommina

JohnOC

Jul 29, 2019
Feel free to use this mod as you see fit, it's not open source at the moment. I don't have a bug tracker, but if you notice any problems please post about it in this thread. Thanks!

Do you plan to post or release the source at some point? I'd love to see how this works.

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
Do you plan to post or release the source at some point? I'd love to see how this works.
I don't have any plans to release the source right now, but I haven't decided against it either. I have another version in the works that adds a void world portal as well, maybe when that has been tidied up a bit.

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
Updated with information about Utility Worlds, which now have replaced Mining Worlds.