[1.7.10][WIP][SMP] Industria Arcanum

Rubik842

Jul 29, 2019
I was just browsing texturepacks - It would be very cool if most of the mods you used happened to have Glimmars Steampunk support.
From what I understand texturepacks do not increase server load, just client load.

Rubik842

Jul 29, 2019
Coupla comments from a PM youtube which might be in context Saph:
Don't mean to backseat drive, well I do actually, because I think this is a cool idea for the server version.

I've been keeping my thoughts to myself lately - even in spite of the fact that I'm a patron, because I've wanted you to do the thing that's most fun for you because that's ultimately what's the most fun for me to watch as well. Now that there is a question on how to proceed, I'll tell you what I've been thinking for a while now. I'm REALLY tired of all the nature/magic stuff. I don't mind it in moderation, but I really miss the more technical side of things. Like...I think automated farming is great, and gendustry is great, but I'm also a regular direwolf20 viewer and he's done botania and thaumcraft to DEATH in recent months (this is just my opinion). I don't know much about sky factory but it sounds appealing.

Also, just throwing it out there, but I'm still hoping that one day you'll do a non-questing Let's Play, maybe with your own mod-pack. I'd love to see your approach when there's less direction provided. That sort of thing might be better to do on the server. Maybe you could make the series just as much about the community as the builds. One of the things that direwolf20's Forgecraft series lack is that they fail to take advantage of the communal nature of a server. Everyone just goes off and does their own thing, which seems like a colossal waste of potential. I'd love to see a series that focused on community development projects, commerce, and shared infrastructure. If you did this, you could build your mod-pack around the idea of forcing people to need each other (though I don't know enough about putting mod-packs together to give you advice on that). Watching you guys work together to build a city would be hella awesome. Especially since the mods would let you make a lot of functional aspects to the city, You can email me if you want to talk about this idea more, but if you're not up for something THIS unconventional then I'll go ahead and vote for either a tech-based let's play or sky factory.

THIS! THIS! Tired of magic. How involved is PM in the IA modpack? Can HQM close out quest branches once a choice is made? Chose your path, mage, tinker, botanist. quest reward uncraftable smeltery controller etc