[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

AUSGrizzly

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there, just thought I would try this out, find it quite an interesting thing to experience...
But just wondering. why does the quest not "Finish" when they are completed...
Just starting the first quest of doing the eavesdropping and when I complete the quest and get the items it remains waiting to be claimed. It won't let you claim the items again but its just one of those things, it doesn't finish and remains in the purple...

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there, just thought I would try this out, find it quite an interesting thing to experience...
But just wondering. why does the quest not "Finish" when they are completed...
Just starting the first quest of doing the eavesdropping and when I complete the quest and get the items it remains waiting to be claimed. It won't let you claim the items again but its just one of those things, it doesn't finish and remains in the purple...
Yeah, that's a current bug in HQM, been reported to them by countless people, so yeah...wish I could fix it myself.

Glad to have you on board playing! Just a reminder to you and everyone else...please avoid tinkers crafting stations, they will cause you to crash and after talking to the mod authors involved it is definitely a tinkers issue...been reported as well (35 reports and counting I have submitted) so let's hope they fix it soon seeing as how they have not been very responsive...

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

AUSGrizzly

Jul 29, 2019
Just thinking that perhaps changing it so that your in adventure mode from the get go might be a good idea. And there is so much stuff that just accidentally clicking on it you can steal from the town.
Like in the travelers shop just after entering the gate; free belt, ring and cloak...
The Lumberjack around the back also has stacks that I picked up by accident, though that is quite a cool thing, how do I make them do that???

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Just thinking that perhaps changing it so that your in adventure mode from the get go might be a good idea. And there is so much stuff that just accidentally clicking on it you can steal from the town.
Like in the travelers shop just after entering the gate; free belt, ring and cloak...
The Lumberjack around the back also has stacks that I picked up by accident, though that is quite a cool thing, how do I make them do that???
Aye, that one is also intended, since I purposely left it open sandbox, you are a hero after all, would a hero steal from the citizens? But seriously, it is built to be played how players like even if they feel the need to steal from innocent people. :)

The stuff on the ground is a feature from Draconic Evolution, with item in hand just hit "P"

Last edited:
Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

AUSGrizzly

Jul 29, 2019
Aye, that one is also intended, since I purposely left it open sandbox, you are a hero after all, would a hero steal from the citizens? But seriously, it is built to be played how players like even if they feel the need to steal from innocent people. :)

The stuff on the ground is a command from Draconic Evolution, with item in hand just hit "P"
Cool thanks...

EDIT:: Yeah finding a few problems with the Quests, the delivery quest for example...

Last edited:
Reactions: GreatOrator

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Cool thanks...

EDIT:: Yeah finding a few problems with the Quests, the delivery quest for example...
If you are referring to the fact that ig you place the crate down...yes, we are all aware. You can rename it at the anvil or use the one-time quest to get a new one.

AUSGrizzly

Jul 29, 2019
If you are referring to the fact that ig you place the crate down...yes, we are all aware. You can rename it at the anvil or use the one-time quest to get a new one.
More like... I never started it but got to finish it...
I opened the quest at the farm, finding it can be completed without me doing anything after leaving the mage area from completing the tour...
I didn't get any package to begin with or visit the bakers like it said I should. I was at the farm, boom done...

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
lol, then you haven't completed it...the HQM quests are companion quests to go alongside many of the customNPC quests. If you read the text it even states in HQM that the package was a one-time freebie if you made a mistake...yes, many of my quests actually require you to read what I have typed or you will miss something...

AUSGrizzly

Jul 29, 2019
lol, then you haven't completed it...the HQM quests are companion quests to go alongside many of the customNPC quests. If you read the text it even states in HQM that the package was a one-time freebie if you made a mistake...yes, many of my quests actually require you to read what I have typed or you will miss something...
No, What I mean is that it is done... Complete...
I got the rewards from it, I even went to the Baker and he didn't even know anything about it...
I technically skipped the start and got the end reward...

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
then you didn't complete it, only in hqm. the baker gives you the quest after you have completed the town tour if you ask her for it...hqm and customnpcs are not linked, just run alongside each other

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
What I am meaning is that I can't even START it...
sigh, exactly, meaning you did not complete it either. HQM quests are more indicators of what the next quest should be in early starting with this pack. When you have gotten certain requirements completed quests open up, think MMO. Watch @Vals NoisyToys youtube video about "the first day" to see what I mean...

cravenhydra78

Jul 29, 2019
is their a list anywhere for all the quests from custom npcs? i feel like i will miss a lot without even knowing it.[DOUBLEPOST=1414182991][/DOUBLEPOST]
More like... I never started it but got to finish it...
I opened the quest at the farm, finding it can be completed without me doing anything after leaving the mage area from completing the tour...
I didn't get any package to begin with or visit the bakers like it said I should. I was at the farm, boom done...
when completing quest in mage tower you have to avoid going over to the farmers area untill you speak to the baker then back to the farmer to get the box and dont click it or even look at it return it to the baker and it completes for both the custom npcs and hqm. hope that helps i tried it about 10 times before getting it.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
is their a list anywhere for all the quests from custom npcs? i feel like i will miss a lot without even knowing it
I have not, all I can say is always check back with most every NPC (except citizens (gray names)) after any quest completion. with 60 quests total, there are a lot.

MissLid

Jul 29, 2019
What I am meaning is that I can't even START it...
The king tells you that you should ask the townsfolk for jobs after you complete a number of his quests. The quest won't appear until then. You can find the tab with npc quests (once you accept them) when you press 'e' -press the tab on the extreme right and then the left tab of the 2 that appear. Hope this helps, mate.

takhizis

Jun 20, 2013
Some more quest bugs I have found.

In "Making the World Better," the quest labeled "Mundane to Fancy II," the third item required, Mossy Temple Block x8 does not have a recipe to create the base item listed in NEI. I was able to complete the quest by cheating in the items and using the Chisel from the Chisel mod to craft the items successfully.

In "Arcane Macicks," in the Thaumcraft branch, the last two quests, "More Power" and "Epitomy of Magic Control" automatically completed for me once I finished the previous quest, "Infusions and You."

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Some more quest bugs I have found.

In "Making the World Better," the quest labeled "Mundane to Fancy II," the third item required, Mossy Temple Block x8 does not have a recipe to create the base item listed in NEI. I was able to complete the quest by cheating in the items and using the Chisel from the Chisel mod to craft the items successfully.

In "Arcane Macicks," in the Thaumcraft branch, the last two quests, "More Power" and "Epitomy of Magic Control" automatically completed for me once I finished the previous quest, "Infusions and You."
I'll take a look at those today and fix them, I plan to push out an update this weekend so a fix should not be too far off...thank you for reporting!

New version submitted for the launcher! This changelog is a big one. :)

v2.2.0 - Content Update!
  • New Mods!
    • Mystcraft
    • NEI for Thaumcraft
    • NotEnoughCodecs
      • Preparation for when the radio is back in OpenBlocks
    • The Camping Mod
    • YAMPST
      • Download tracking anonymously since FTB does not provide it for me
  • Updated Mods!
    • Artifice
    • BDLib
    • Blood Magic
    • Botania
    • DecoCraft
    • Draconic Evolution
    • Forestry
      • This should fix the backpack crashes some of you have experienced
    • Gendustry
    • Infernal Mobs
      • This should fix random crashes some have experienced related to mobs spawning
    • Logistic Pipes
    • Magic Bees
    • NEI
    • NEI Addons
    • Pam's HarvestCraft
    • Refined Relocation
    • Thaumic Energistics
    • Translocators
    • Unique Artifacts
    • WR-CBE
  • More Quests!
    • Multiple quest fixes (thanks to everyone who has reported them!)
    • There are now a total of 110 HQM quests (Both visible and Hidden)
    • Main CustomNPC questline has been extended, there will be more to come!
    • More than 60 CustomNPC quests
      • Make sure to check back with NPC's after any quest completion, you never know when they'll offer something new!
Make sure to read the OP for more information about updating on major content updates.

Last edited:

cravenhydra78

Jul 29, 2019
so since their is an update coming and since i deleted my world last night after i rage quit trying to find the troll should i just wait for the update to start again? who am i kiddin i can die like 200 more times before the update. im off to kill the wizard have fun guys.