[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

SirAkintosh

Jul 29, 2019
java.lang.NullPointerException:

at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainerCreative.updateFilteredItems(GuiContainerCreative.java:386)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainerCreative.func_147053_i(GuiContainerCreative.java:350)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainerCreative.func_147050_b(GuiContainerCreative.java:550)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainerCreative.func_146286_b(GuiContainerCreative.java:456)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.func_146274_d(GuiScreen.java:306)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainer.func_146274_d(GuiContainer.java:-1)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainerCreative.func_146274_d(GuiContainerCreative.java:566)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.func_146269_k(GuiScreen.java:268)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1628)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:961)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:887)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(-2)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(-1)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(-1)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(-1)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

And how do I make a spoiler? :p

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
java.lang.NullPointerException:

at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainerCreative.updateFilteredItems(GuiContainerCreative.java:386)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainerCreative.func_147053_i(GuiContainerCreative.java:350)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainerCreative.func_147050_b(GuiContainerCreative.java:550)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainerCreative.func_146286_b(GuiContainerCreative.java:456)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.func_146274_d(GuiScreen.java:306)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainer.func_146274_d(GuiContainer.java:-1)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainerCreative.func_146274_d(GuiContainerCreative.java:566)
at net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen.func_146269_k(GuiScreen.java:268)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1628)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:961)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:887)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(-2)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(-1)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(-1)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(-1)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

And how do I make a spoiler? :p

Up top click Insert, fourth button from the right =)

Hm, I need the full crash log, it shoudl save it to the modpack directory (edit mods in the launcher, open folder to find the /mods folder, can find the crash logs one folder up)

But that half of the error is one I see when either trying to fill the Creative+ extended inventory with NEI item spawning, clicking the Search button (non NEI one) while in creative mode, or from Railcraft forestry backpacks (we don't have railcraft...), so need to see the full crashlog to find out whats actually causing the issue.

mbbkraft

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, i made the "Warp book" for the exploration quest but i cant validate the quest, just wanted to signal the bug :)

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, i made the "Warp book" for the exploration quest but i cant validate the quest, just wanted to signal the bug :)
Odd it should be ignoring NBT Data when looking for the item, but that isn't working here either. I just did some testing and changed it to Fuzzy Detection and that seems to work, so fixed for next update. =)

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
With 0.0.4, I will be adding 3 small and 1 decent sized mod to round out the last of the mods.

Thermal Dynamics - DUCTS!
Dimensional Anchors - I wanted a chunk loader that actually COSTED FUEL to run, without the heavy amount that MFR's costs, nor the cheap cost of Chickenbones Chunk Loaders, or having another GIANT mod in the pack like Railcraft
Open Modular Turrets - Given folks are having a tough time surviving the dangerous world, this seems like a good middleground between making everything weaker, and just telling folks to 'deal with it'. They require power AND ammo to run.
Deco Craft - This is the 'big' one compared to the three others. Hundreds of decoration items.

While it feels like this pack has a ton of mods, it does! But a lot of these are small mods with a handful of items. This update more or less solidifies the modlist unless somthing tiny and spectacular comes out.

I may also prune a mod or two to balance things, but we'll see.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Heya.
Just started to test this pack and well.. a question about the monsters I saw so far: Is it similar to some of the hardcore-modpacks where everything you do actually "wants to" see you dead?
Don't know if I was unlucky but kinda the first monster I saw was already infernal, in die middle of the day, since then I'm pretty much only in the state of running away with no chance to settle down anywhere. ^^" Not sure if that is meant to be this way.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Heya.
Just started to test this pack and well.. a question about the monsters I saw so far: Is it similar to some of the hardcore-modpacks where everything you do actually "wants to" see you dead?
Don't know if I was unlucky but kinda the first monster I saw was already infernal, in die middle of the day, since then I'm pretty much only in the state of running away with no chance to settle down anywhere. ^^" Not sure if that is meant to be this way.
With the Lycanites updates, for some reason the monster spawns were ramped up, even with my tuned down settings. 0.0.4 will have much more toned down settings.

You can grab my up to date settings here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k74e24qazkifttl/AABmDvIw6vdUn1BfZMXp3-F-a?dl=0

Replace the config files in /config/lycanitesmobs (lycanitesmobs2 is a backup config, you can ignore it)

Reactions: Nezraddin

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
With the Lycanites updates, for some reason the monster spawns were ramped up, even with my tuned down settings. 0.0.4 will have much more toned down settings.

You can grab my up to date settings here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k74e24qazkifttl/AABmDvIw6vdUn1BfZMXp3-F-a?dl=0

Replace the config files in /config/lycanitesmobs (lycanitesmobs2 is a backup config, you can ignore it)

Alright, will try that.
Thanks for the fast answer and help :)
(Hope I can through the monster-stuff, the beginning of the quest-book really caught me, but I'm not a big "fight for your life"-player xD)

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, will try that.
Thanks for the fast answer and help :)
(Hope I can through the monster-stuff, the beginning of the quest-book really caught me, but I'm not a big "fight for your life"-player xD)
Yeah, I'm trying to get a happy middleground between risk and reward and having lots of interesting things to make, fight, and collect.

To that, I'm also shifting the starting quest rewards to be a bit more helpful in starting out. Armor and weapons and whatnot.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Caigan, proper respect for the unique pack title (rather daringly unconventional), fun theme, and an excellently written background story. Good job.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Caigan, proper respect for the unique pack title (rather daringly unconventional), fun theme, and an excellently written background story. Good job.
Wow, thanks! =o

And thank you everyone for the compliments, discussions, complaints, and issues with the pack as a whole, it helps me know what is going well and what is needing to be improved!

Random Trivia Time : A group of crows is called a murder. A group of hyenas is called a cackle. And a group of ferrets is called a business [insert flying star here]

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
This should help folks in a new world starting out. It is part of the rewards for doing the first quests :

EFa0G0v.png

Reactions: MissLid

Kami

Jul 29, 2019
~snip~

That's strange, a few people have that but not most. How much ram do you have allocated to minecraft in the FTB launcher?

~snip~

8gigs to both launcher and server.

Not using server atm, only Client. Might try running a server and having the server do all the loading and client just rendering.

Last edited:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
8gigs to both launcher and server.

Not using server atm, only Client. Might try running a server and having the server do all the loading and client just rendering.
Two things to try :

For just client, drop down to 4 gigs RAM in the launcher. Sounds odd, but I know in some cases Java can have issues with more RAM than it needs.

Another is try dropping Journeymap temporarily to see if that helps, its another thing a few folks with similar issues have done that worked.

sagragoth

Jul 29, 2019
How many questlines are finished? I played it for a while and had fun but it seemed like a ton of quests still needed work. Once you've got more quest lines up and running I'll update and play again, but right now I'm working through Blast Off and waiting on the new Omega Dawn.

Nettehlol

Jul 29, 2019
There's something bugged with Lycanite mobs, got 1 shot by swamp monster (that comes out of swamp water, I think they're called Dwellers) while wearing full Obsidian.

Last edited: