Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PrinceZero

Jul 29, 2019
62bDAhG.png

Quests/Tech/Magic/Food
Pack Code: Eggs

The TBN Modpack plays to the idea that a pack doesn't need to be huge to be fun. With a mod list of under sixty mods it allows for most players to experience some of the most influential mods of 1.7.10 together without need for a beefy computer. While not being a "Lite" pack it still provides plenty of mods for later game and more "Hardcore" modpack fans.

This pack contains tech mods rangeing from Thermal expansion to buildcraft to ender IO or magic mods from thaumcraft to project-E!

Hope You Enjoy
-Prince

Full Mod list
Forge/FML by LexManos, cpw
Advanced Alloys by Augie_MC
AppleCore by squeek502
Applied Energistics by AlgorithX2
Baubles by Azanor
Big Reactors by Erogenous Beef
Blood Magic by WayofTime
Blue Power by quetzi, amadornes, K4Unl, MineMaarten, RavenWhitefang
Botania by Vazkii
bspkrsCore by bspkrs
Buildcraft by CovertJaguar, SirSengir, Krapht, cpw, spacetoad
Carpenter's Blocks by Mineshopper
Chisel by AUTOMATIC_MAIDEN
CodeChickenCore by Chickenbones
CodeChickenLib by Chickenbones
CoFH Core by CoFH team
Enchanting Plus by Freyjadono, mssodin23, GnRSlash, Qizzok, xkyouchoux
EnderIO by CrazyPants
EnderStorage by Chickenbones
Ex Nihilo by Erasmus_Crowley
Extra Utilities by RWTema
FloatingRuins by bspkrs
Food Plus Mod by JoseTheCrafter
Funky Locomotion by RWTema
Hardcore Questing Mode by lorddusk, Newcastlegeek, Vswe
HarvestCraft by MatrexsVigil, Rhodox
Inventory Tweaks by Kobata
IvToolkit by Ivorius
libsandstone by TrainerGuy22
Magical Crops by Mark719
Minechem by ljdp
Not Enough Items by Chickenbones
ProjectE by MozeIntel
Reliquary by TrainerGuy22, x3n0ph0b3
RF Tools by McJty
Roguelike Dungeons by Greymerk
Steve's Factory Manager by Vswe
Thaumcraft by Azanor
Thaumic Energistics by Nividica
Thaumic Tinkerer by pixlepix, nekosune, vazkii
The Spice of Life by squeek502
Thermal Expansion by CoFH team
Thermal Foundation by TeamCoFH
Translocators by Chickenbones
Traveller's Gear by Dawn_1006
TreeCapitator by bspkrs, DaftPVF
Waila by ProfMobius

Update Objectives
More Quests/Quest lines
Fixed Questbook Art
Better Art

Known Bugs
Thaumcraft Quest#1

Last edited:

classlessrook32

Jul 29, 2019
i like small packs, because i have a potatoe, running windows 10 technical preview. it was supposed to be quicker on games but its slower so yay ~cortana~.

Reactions: Pudding01

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
2 types of salt !, most ores seem to have at least 2 types, use ore dictionary to just have one of each type, the first & only basic bag opened gave advanced power conduits, t3 conduits form a basic bag is too much, if thats what basic bags drop then good-greater will be OP & leg-epic game breaking.

I think you need some balance or class it as a fun pack only, don't get me wrong I respect the work you have put in, just that game will get too easy too fast at this rate.

Reactions: classlessrook32

fowlj

Jul 29, 2019
I would love to do ore dictonairy but sadly I have no clue even where to start

Well, firstly, a lot of mods that add the same sort of ores add them to the dictionary already, so you should probably be able to just disable the generation of all but one (most packs use the Thermal Expansion versions). If that isn't the case with some things and you need to add them yourself, this is the Minetweaker wiki: http://minetweaker3.powerofbytes.com/wiki/Main_Page which has a tutorial for doing things like that.

cipher101

Jul 29, 2019
Hey PrinceZero,

I'm downloading the pack as I'm typing this, I agree 100% that you don't need 200+ mods to have a good modpack. Hell there are few modpacks with all mods made for 1.7.10 and they call them unique.
Anyhow I would like to suggest few things and I understand if you totally ignore them.

1. World generation in vanilla is kinda boring and I know BoP will lag the hell out of many computers out there. Natura mod is good but those redwood trees lag allot. ExtrabiomesXL is a better solution compared to BoP (for less lag I mean).
So adding Natura (with disabled Redwood trees and overworld clouds) and ExtrabiomesXL would be great.

2. I don't remember is there a setting to tame down Botania flowers as that lags and I think it would be more fun if I have to look for a flower for more than 2min ( so less of those = more fun and less lag)

3. I love tinkers construct but I am tired of it as its part of every pack and sometimes I wish it weren't there, but I'd love to see twilight forest ( which can be tamed down in config to lag less and uncrafting table should be disabled on it)

Well I could think of more little details but I wont type more for now as I would totally understand if you ignore this as I bet you have your own ideas and this might be pushing you in wrong direction.

Thanks for the pack as I am about to dive in.

Reactions: egor66

PrinceZero

Jul 29, 2019
Hey cipher thanks for such a detailed reply and most of these problems are already planned fixes in the next update (aprox next Friday) and I will look into the natura idea hope you enjoy

Meuhmeuh

Jul 29, 2019
hi, im trying to download the modpack but ftb tell me : Error while downloading the pack.

In the console here is the message :
TBN
Modpack is out of date
Downloading Mod Pack
Error while downloading modpack: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
Error while downloading modpack: java.lang.Exception: Modpack download failed