[1.7.10] Survival industry [rotarycraft based tech]

would you like the modpack to grow bigger with new mod?

• yes, more magic

• yes, more tech

• yes, stronger mobs/other

• no, keep it as it is

Results are only viewable after voting.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
It can only collect wood, not leaves. Also, it is limited to axes of steel level and above. Nobody is going to be chopping down trees with wood, stone, bronze, or iron axes. So, in essence, you have basic axes (Entry-High Level materials), Lumber Axes (Extreme and Top Level materials), and "This axe kills forests" (Bedrock axe).

For those who are curious about the RoC/VO issues, the issue can be followed here and here.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
The Blood Moon is set to the default value; basically, there's a 2% chance of it happening on any given night.

Rewyn

Jul 29, 2019
What's the chance of having 2 or 3 bloodmoon nights in a row..? Was also within the first 5 nights on that server for me.
That was fun... At least I didn't have to worry about zombieflesh for a while.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like the RNG doesn't like you (or does, if you enjoy the challenge). If my calculations are correct, then the odds are 1 in 125 thousand for three in a row.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Rewyn

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if it was 3 in a row, or just 2 in a row and the third shortly after. Probably the later.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
I've had it happen in the past. Keep in mind that the chances of it happening is 1 in 50 for each night, so the chance isn't horribly remote. Three in a row can get statistically significant, but it's still not outside the realm of possibility (and bad luck). Either way, it's something to keep people indoors at night. I'm probably going to remove the "no sleep" setting for bloodmoon; since night continues, things will continue to generate even while you sleep, and it can get boring waiting inside.

UPDATE:

And while updating the config, I found out that the chance isn't 2%, it's 5%, so a 1 in 20 chance. Since I was expecting 2%, I'll just change the frequency accordingly.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
That's good to know. I started a new world because my 1st one was just to toy around and get a feel for the pack. I also didn't really like my spawn. My 2nd world was perfect. I spawned on a very small island(10x35 blocks roughly)that is only a few blocks from land. There was even a sunken ship in the lagoon that my island formed with the mainland. I ended up getting a blood moon on night 1 and 3. The island definitely saved my life because the mobs couldn't fall down on me from trees and cliffs. They did swim over, but it was much easier to only have to defend from one direction and it kept them from swarming as quickly.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Just so you know, the next version is going to do away with TiC and Thermal *. It's been finlized, and is getting ready for submission to FTB.

https://github.com/reteo/Survival-Industry/releases/tag/1.3.0

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk
Gonna miss Thermal Expansion ducts. Rotarycraft pipes aren't as smart or nice looking. Automating things without filters and needing power makes automating anything kinda difficult. Always liked RoC, but never liked the pipes. What made you decide to dump TE?

Losing Tinker's doesn't rally bother me, although I will miss the ignitors. I use them under my steam engines so I can turn them on and off all at the same time to prevent gear damage.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
There are also the ExU pipes, and I've turned off the QED in the configuration. Besides, once you reach the "Mad Science" level, you have Applied Energistics. ;) In any event, Thermal Foundation produces a number of materials that are pretty useless outside of Thermal Expansion and Tinker's Construct, and I found that the pipes from Thermal Dynamics made things too easy... and was redundant considering the presence of Extra Utilities.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
There are also the ExU pipes, and I've turned off the QED in the configuration. Besides, once you reach the "Mad Science" level, you have Applied Energistics. ;) In any event, Thermal Foundation produces a number of materials that are pretty useless outside of Thermal Expansion and Tinker's Construct, and I found that the pipes from Thermal Dynamics made things too easy... and was redundant considering the presence of Extra Utilities.

I play single player so it's not a big deal. I'm just going to add Translocators for simple automation to get me through until I can get AE. Cus at the moment, AE power requirements make it a LONG way off. You can't make complicated automation with it, but it is perfect to get things in and out of furnaces and chests. So I don't think it makes it easy or hurts the balance. Might be something worth adding to the pack in the future.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Just out of curiosity, have you tried ExU nodes and pipes?
I have used them quite a bit. I really love them for liquids because of the upgrades. Not much else can keep up with them. Just not a huge fan of them for items in certain situations because of no stack size control. The way they fill their buffer when the destination is full also can cause problems in certain setups. I'll just have to rethink how to do things with them.

On another topic, is there anyway to transfer power across dimensions? Not interested in dealing with potential radiation contamination and waste issues right next to my base. I know there's a way to transfer shaft power through portals, but they don't work from say a RFtools dimension to the overworld. Even Reika uses tesseracts in his worlds that I saw.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
On another topic, is there anyway to transfer power across dimensions? Not interested in dealing with potential radiation contamination and waste issues right next to my base. I know there's a way to transfer shaft power through portals, but they don't work from say a RFtools dimension to the overworld. Even Reika uses tesseracts in his worlds that I saw.

Mystcraft crystal portals can transfer shaft power anywhere. Even from an RfTools dimension.

Twilight forest portals and nether portals can transfer shaft power to the overworld from the corresponding location.

ChromaticCraft worldrifts can, I believe, transfer shaft power anywhere, but cannot transfer ChromaticCraft magic lines.

... looks like none of those are in this pack.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
This pack does incluse Enhanced Portals 3; perhaps this might transfer the power?

UPDATE:

Apparently, this only transfers RF. Hmmm. Looks like the best suggestion right now is to make the reactor in a deep cavern, and then just transfer the power using a long shaft train.

In the meantime, I'll have to look into a possible way of transferring power between dimensions. If no other way exists, I may just relent on CC...

Last edited:

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
This pack does incluse Enhanced Portals 3; perhaps this might transfer the power?

UPDATE:

Apparently, this only transfers RF. Hmmm. Looks like the best suggestion right now is to make the reactor in a deep cavern, and then just transfer the power using a long shaft train.

In the meantime, I'll have to look into a possible way of transferring power between dimensions. If no other way exists, I may just relent on CC...
That is fine with me that they can only transfer RF. By the time I would be building a reactor, I should have the technology to convert to and from RF. Although being able to transfer steam would be a nice alternative. Make steam in one dimension and have your turbines at your base. Although, I'm not sure how that would work because IIRC, RoC steam is not a forge liquid so not sure that Tesseracts or ender tanks can even transfer it.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Converting shaft to RF and back has a major intentional loss.

CC is Reika's official way to move shaft power around, and from what I understand, world rifts are almost at the end of that mod's tech tree.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Converting shaft to RF and back has a major intentional loss.

CC is Reika's official way to move shaft power around, and from what I understand, world rifts are almost at the end of that mod's tech tree.
Long before CC, he made it possible to transfer shaft power through portals. CC just doesn't fit the pack. I know it's from the same mod author, but it is too magical for my tastes.

UPDATE:

You can transfer shaft power through vanilla and mystcraft portals. Has anyone tested to see if it's possible to do through an Enhanced portal?? Did you actually try it? Gonna toy around in a test world tomorrow and see what happens. Also might be worth talking to Reika about.