[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Masterpandabear

Jul 29, 2019
I'm fairly certain that your essentia system would be faster if you just streamlined it so that you have a single line of essentia buffers chained together and then your warded jars (labeled) hanging off that. It'd certainly be less piping and the aspects travel a certain distance "per tick" - so a shorter line means faster distillation. What I do is basically that, but I hang 2 jars off each buffer (one under, one hanging off a single tube backwards) for each aspect. At the end of the line rather than breaking down essentia overflow, I simply just send it to a crystalizer which then just shoves it in a drawer system.

The input is totally automated - I have set up a few eucladaisy flowers to spawn random wisp essences and a golem to chuck them into the furnace input. I also feed all mana bean and natural wisp drops from my monster farm into the system via magic mirror. If I find myself running low on a particular aspect, I just grab a stack or two from the drawer overflow and shove it back into the system - but man, I really have to be making a lot of one thing or doing an absurd runic shield enchantment to need more than 128 pts of any particular aspect at one go. I also have a secondary input that runs everything through a centrifuge if I want to break down the aspect into it's components. I have something stupid like 6,500 auram crystalized in my drawer right now because of this setup ^_^

Personally, I don't find automatically recycling anything down to primals (or any aspect really) to be an advantage in your main system. The essentia crystalizer is just so vastly superior because it's fast, the outputs can be stored as item stacks and you can easily recycle it back into jars in just a few seconds, either directly or via a centrifuge.

Technically I could remove the warded jars from my system and replace them with filtered tubes and reservoirs, but daaaaamn. That's a lot of effort to just go from 128 pts of stored essentia (not counting what I got in drawers) to 256. I guess that's where my natural lazy limit comes in. I'd rather breed bees or trees... and that's saying a lot.

Yeah, i was not going for efficiency. Otherwise i would have used the system described in the "A Thaumaturge's Guide to Laying Pipe" were you have 4 jars per buffer. However the interesting thing of these system is not the distribution or recycling, it is that the Thaumatorium is automated without having to specialize it since it can pull essentia from the whole system it is fast for things that require less than 3 aspects. Yeah the recycling is useless if you got fully automated wisp/mana farms but for a starting thaumaturge, being able to get large quantities of instrumentum without having to burn lots of non stackable tools is a pretty good option, specially in modpacks without infinite resources as this one.

In other packs i just used wisp farm system that would route to dedicated furnaces and would crystallize the rest, the system was fully automatic and would always keep 128 of every aspect using computercraft, i usually created this for my friend/slash partner than did the whole magic stuff and he just gave me the items lol. This is the first time for me going really into magic mods.

The point of this project for me was mainly to learn and do something different. I chose rocsflight designed over the simplified one mostly for looks.

Last edited:

Masterpandabear

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking about essentia systems, I have a question: I usually build a chain of 13 buffers, with 3 jars each to accommodate all aspects. But some jars end up outside of the magic mirror range placed in the middle. What do you do in situations like this? more than one mirror? or maybe build the chain not in a single line, but with corners?

You could use more mirrors, or "bend" the system so it stays in range. Another option in any modpack that has automagy is to use the locus with the aggregator.

gijsc1

Jul 29, 2019
i just placed about 150 jars around the runic altar in an unordered fashion and let golems do all the work.
works just as fine as giant essentia pumping systems

Nanimonai

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking about essentia systems, I have a question: I usually build a chain of 13 buffers, with 3 jars each to accommodate all aspects. But some jars end up outside of the magic mirror range placed in the middle. What do you do in situations like this? more than one mirror? or maybe build the chain not in a single line, but with corners?

To give you a number to go by in the future: As I found out, the essentia mirror has a range of 8 on every axis.

Reactions: Nicolás Granelli

MadTinkerer

Jul 29, 2019
i just placed about 150 jars around the runic altar in an unordered fashion and let golems do all the work.
works just as fine as giant essentia pumping systems

Keep it on the downlow - but a lot of times, I do the same thing ;) I only really get into the complex piping once I start automatically feeding my furnace drops.

Nanimonai

Jul 29, 2019
I just finished chopping down 16 trees. Here are the results: http://imgur.com/a/E6MPy

Now I can finally craft some upgrades for my jabba barrels.

Edit: I just ran into a small problem. How can I harvest the electric chest from Mekanism? I just placed one to take a look before I use it for crafting and I got to find out that apparently no tool is effective for mining the chest again. So far I tried the BC wrench, AE wrench, axe(bound), pick(blood infused iron as well as the Pick of the Core) and bare hands. Searched NEI for any tools form Mekanism that might make sense to use for harvesting blocks such as this ... but neither the atomic disassembler nor the configurator are of any help.

Last edited:

amused

Jul 29, 2019
hi all, when I loaded my save today, i checked my automated coal system (last job previously) i noticed the auto assembler from enhanced inventories was not changing coal essence to coal, I checked to make sure the red stone control was set to always active (it was), I then tried clicking on the output slot which promptly crashed me to desktop. I've attached my crash report, so if a much smarter person the me could have a look at it and advise whether its a mod issue or have i done something stupid

regards
stu

Attachments

• crash-2016-04-15_14.35.59-server.txt
    15.5 KB · Views: 52

MadTinkerer

Jul 29, 2019
hi all, when I loaded my save today, i checked my automated coal system (last job previously) i noticed the auto assembler from enhanced inventories was not changing coal essence to coal, I checked to make sure the red stone control was set to always active (it was), I then tried clicking on the output slot which promptly crashed me to desktop. I've attached my crash report, so if a much smarter person the me could have a look at it and advise whether its a mod issue or have i done something stupid

regards
stu

No you didn't do anything wrong, they are just buggy as all hell. Use the automated workbench from BuildCraft instead.

PhoenixMage

Jul 29, 2019
I just ran into a small problem. How can I harvest the electric chest from Mekanism? I just placed one to take a look before I use it for crafting and I got to find out that apparently no tool is effective for mining the chest again. So far I tried the BC wrench, AE wrench, axe(bound), pick(blood infused iron as well as the Pick of the Core) and bare hands. Searched NEI for any tools form Mekanism that might make sense to use for harvesting blocks such as this ... but neither the atomic disassembler nor the configurator are of any help.

All of the Mekanism stuff should be able to be picked up using shift right click with any of the wrenches.

MadTinkerer

Jul 29, 2019
All of the Mekanism stuff should be able to be picked up using shift right click with any of the wrenches.

I haven't played with this item in a few months, but the last time I did, wrenches just rotated the chest. I think he should make sure that it's not locked, because you SHOULD be able to mine it with a wooden pickaxe.

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019

regards
stu
This is a known issue with the auto-assembler.

If you set it to craft on redstone pulse, and put an hourglass (automagy) or floating hourglass (botania) next to it you should have no issues.

Masterpandabear

Jul 29, 2019
Keep it on the downlow - but a lot of times, I do the same thing ;) I only really get into the complex piping once I start automatically feeding my furnace drops.

Yeah it is how i usually start, i put the jars below the altar in a more less organized manner so that the golems dont get stuck much.

Sungak

Jul 29, 2019
This is why I can't live without the automagy mod anymore :)
Most of Automagy can be replaced with AE2 addon mods (Thaumic Energistics & Extra Cells), which is how the WLR pack is configured. I would not be interested to use them here; the power use shies me away, and I admit its interesting to explore the magic based options here. :)

lavaheart626

Jul 29, 2019
ah that was really weird... I was traveling extremely far by boat and sorta panicked because I thought I was at spawn... but there was nothing but ocean (It ended up being a positive number not a negative number and was actually 4000 blocks away in the opposite direction I'd gone... XD)

But ya I slightly panicked and decided to use the botania world seed, which is supposed to take you back to spawn... but the world didn't like that for some reason. because it teleported me to open air (the correct coordinates) and said the biome was swampland... luckily I had been cheating haha cuz I probably would have been killed by the void if I'd done that not in creative.

not sure why my game decided to hiccup like that, tested it again in creative worlds a bit and it worked fine. exiting and re entering my single player game fixed it though luckily and I was standing in the correct place.

probably a thing on botania's end more than anything, but I thought I'd mention it here.

edit:

on a side note whoa when were these buildings added??? they're super awesome looking!!! http://prntscr.com/asvhxc

Last edited: