[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Bug or an shortcut : player can craft greater band of mana form band of mana form empty mana tablet and get fully charged band, this is the best way to get massive amount of mana i this pack :) i mean MASSIVE :) mabe a fix in next update ?
Neither. Maybe actually try doing the craft before presuming.

Kiramine35

Jul 29, 2019
I'm stuck on how to get planks. Dangit, it shouldn't be this hard. I can figure everything else out, but the planks are eluding me. I feel so inept.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
You sure you using the right pattern for crafting

(WS
SW If i rember rightly, where S are sticks and W is dead wood.

Kiramine35

Jul 29, 2019
nvm I had to use the dead wood 5281 ... I had tried it with the dead wood 1558 ... that's why it didn't work... I feel really dumb now haha

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I usually do that 8n the nether as hell bats spawn quite frequently.

It's not so much a 'Can't get bats at all' question (since - worst case scenario - I can craft 1-4 spawn eggs), but a 'What am I doing wrong with the spawner' question. I have this thing, and I should be able to make use of this thing. Otherwise, it's not worth cluttering up my base with it.

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
It's not so much a 'Can't get bats at all' question (since - worst case scenario - I can craft 1-4 spawn eggs), but a 'What am I doing wrong with the spawner' question. I have this thing, and I should be able to make use of this thing. Otherwise, it's not worth cluttering up my base with it.

dunno, my only thought is perhaps its not dark enough (you said dark, but you didnt say how dark). ive got mine in a little batcave i made near my base with 0 light - entrance is thru a little underground river, and there is no light inside. cave is uneven, but apx 6x6x4, went for a somewhat standard minecraft cave feeling. works just fine... i can hear the bats when i'm nearby, and if i want to kill a few i grab my arthana and sit there and they have no problem spawning.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Well, as I said, it's dark enough for other mobs to spawn (had two Enderminys in there earlier.) Using NEI's light-level indicator, the whole floor is covered in red X's. I'll try replacing the door with sand or dirt blocks and see if that gives me any better luck.

Zimek

Jul 29, 2019
Well, as I said, it's dark enough for other mobs to spawn (had two Enderminys in there earlier.) Using NEI's light-level indicator, the whole floor is covered in red X's. I'll try replacing the door with sand or dirt blocks and see if that gives me any better luck.

oh one other thing i thought of: they may not spawn if there are too many other entities nearby. just something to think about.

josseriot

Jul 29, 2019
Bats don't spawn the same way as hostile mobs so the X's aren't much good for this. They need light levels lower than 4, IIRC, while hostile mobs only need under level 7. So it needs to be very dark.

And while it shouldn't matter with spawners, have you tried placing the spawners below y=63? Bats don't spawn in the world above that, so maybe moving the spawners lower would help, maybe? Dunno.

00Astal

Jul 29, 2019
When does sections 10 & 11 open in the quest book? I've already completed 160 quest and my Reputation is Mechanist 40, Geneticist 17, Arcanist 14.
I'm getting quest that require Witchery and Thaumcraft products, but the quest book hasn't given me any quest in those fields.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019

If you can find the Catacombs from the Gravestone Mod they have Spawn Chests in them. They look like a Vanilla chest but every time you open it, it will spawn mobs. There is one for bats, and one for Skeletons. The Bat one spawns like 12 bats every time you open it, and they can be move with Cardboard boxes. I'm not sure if a dolly will work or not.

Reactions: Booker The Geek

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
If you can find the Catacombs from the Gravestone Mod they have Spawn Chests in them. They look like a Vanilla chest but every time you open it, it will spawn mobs. There is one for bats, and one for Skeletons. The Bat one spawns like 12 bats every time you open it, and they can be move with Cardboard boxes. I'm not sure if a dolly will work or not.
Have a golem try to place something in it for alot of bats. Muahahahaaa

Reactions: JustHeyo

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Definitely get your Arcanist up. Do as much of Chapters 2, 3, and 7 that you can - make any seed-product that you can.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I've managed to get one bat to spawn, although I'm not sure if the spawner had anything to do with it. I heard the Critter Trap nab it. One thing I have discovered is that Undead Fish will spawn zombies even in a brightly lit room. Thank goodness for choke-points. :D

Reactions: Booker The Geek