[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

svennieke

Jul 29, 2019
i am wondering when the pack gets out of the alfa phase would it be than recomended to restart your worlds or not?

James K Doble

Jul 29, 2019
I love the pack even though it is in Alpha, the only game breaker for me (Though I may not know what I am doing) is the Spirit world restart. This restart with no help at all (rewards or start stuff) is a game breaker, especially since it is only to complete one quest (as far as I can see) in the Overworld. As I have stated I do not know all, but at this point is where I have just quit and moved on. I am not going to do a thousand things over again to complete one end game quest in the Overworld. Other wise I love the modpack, there is no need for the computers, which I do not like. The quest progression is good and I like that there are no reward bags, only rewards that further the progression. Great Pack even if it is in Alpha testing. :D

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
A question. Hopefully a simple one, but a question nonetheless:

Why are my crops just popping off every now and again? Kind of really annoying, almost lost my upgraded wheat seeds and lost a third of my basic sugarcane farm from this.
(I'm assuming this is AgriCraft's doing, but the config doesn't seem to show any kind of thing relating to crops just popping off their sticks)
2015-03-30_16.00.20.png

Hmm, maybe hydration issues? Though can't tell if that could be possible from this screenie. Maybe endermen stomping on things? Slimes? Spiders? I have seen all these break crops and had a few mystery soil-dirt reconversions too. I just keep a next-best seed in a chest just in case.

Vonsch

Jul 29, 2019
I love the pack even though it is in Alpha, the only game breaker for me (Though I may not know what I am doing) is the Spirit world restart. This restart with no help at all (rewards or start stuff) is a game breaker, especially since it is only to complete one quest (as far as I can see) in the Overworld. As I have stated I do not know all, but at this point is where I have just quit and moved on. I am not going to do a thousand things over again to complete one end game quest in the Overworld. Other wise I love the modpack, there is no need for the computers, which I do not like. The quest progression is good and I like that there are no reward bags, only rewards that further the progression. Great Pack even if it is in Alpha testing. :D

Well, there are SOME reward bags for Thaumcraft quests.

Cirom

Jan 1, 2013
Hmm, maybe hydration issues? Though can't tell if that could be possible from this screenie. Maybe endermen stomping on things? Slimes? Spiders? I have seen all these break crops and had a few mystery soil-dirt reconversions too. I just keep a next-best seed in a chest just in case.

This better?
2015-03-30_16.19.24.png

It's definitely not creatures stomping on the farm, as if that was the case, the soil would become un-tilled. That, and all the seeds seem to pop off in an area at exactly the same time, I've noticed.

EDIT: FIGURED IT OUT I'M A DERP, WAS ACCIDENTALLY USING HORN OF THE WILDS TOO CLOSE TO THE FARM >;T

Last edited:

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
A question. Hopefully a simple one, but a question nonetheless:

Why are my crops just popping off every now and again? Kind of really annoying, almost lost my upgraded wheat seeds and lost a third of my basic sugarcane farm from this.
(I'm assuming this is AgriCraft's doing, but the config doesn't seem to show any kind of thing relating to crops just popping off their sticks)
2015-03-30_16.00.20.png
I don't see a wall around your place. Maybe mobs are jumping on it at night?

Edit: if its not the mobs, does it only happen in a specific area/block of the farm? or across the entire size?

meritoc

Jul 29, 2019
does anyone know of a way that I can make something that I can input anything, and it will automatically craft in a chest recipe shape? I'm thinking essence to ores here. I'm unfamiliar with botania auto crafting, but I think that's the trick.

It isn't a general solution, but the super crafting frames work well for essences. Each essence goes in a barrel, and a crafting frame on the front provides the (primary) crafted resource. A benefit is this works for recipes with other shapes as well, down side is you have to set it up once for each essence.

Here's an example:
jLGmrVB.png

Last edited:

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
It isn't a general solution, but the super crafting frames work well for essences. Each essence goes in a barrel, and a crafting frame on the front provides the (primary) crafted resource. A benefit is this works for recipes with other shapes as well, down side is you have to set it up once for each essence.

Here's an example:
jLGmrVB.png
thats an awesome idea :)

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019

Here's an example:
jLGmrVB.png
Very nice!

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
down side is you have to set it up once for each essence.
That's the reason I don't Like it. I appreciate the suggestion though, It's something I already do for cracked dirt to sand, sticks to crops, etc in various places that requires me to craft a particular item often in a certain spot. I currently just Place all my essences in a green crafting table....forgot what it's called, and save 9 different recipes then manually place my ores in chest>hopper>crucible>compression barrel line. I just wish I had minions(golems) to do my bidding, and get them to one day fullfill that first step of getting ores into chest. It's fine, I'll deal with that after I get into Thaumcraft.

edit:

EDIT: FIGURED IT OUT I'M A DERP, WAS ACCIDENTALLY USING HORN OF THE WILDS TOO CLOSE TO THE FARM >;T
That's pretty hilarious.

ToxicFallenAngel

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone else had any experience with enhanced inventories chest with hopper? I made an iron hopper chest with white wool and birch planks and pipped it on top of my crucible to queue many ores, and crashed. Luckily I came back and could still enter the world. Chest was gone, but honestly, I count that as a bonus. I don't want no world crashing chests.

Edit: while on the topic of my crucible setup, does anyone know of a way that I can make something that I can input anything, and it will automatically craft in a chest recipe shape? I'm thinking essence to ores here. I'm unfamiliar with botania auto crafting, but I think that's the trick.
Botania can autocraft them, I'd recommend using the pattern one on the crafty crate if you're gonna go that route. Only downsides are it can only do one recipe at a time and will drop the product on the ground. Another option is automagy. There's a golem crafting table(forget what it's called exactly) which can do up to 3x3 of the same item or 2x2 if there are multiple items (been a while since I've read the entry, but I believe that to be correct).

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Botania can autocraft them, I'd recommend using the pattern one on the crafty crate if you're gonna go that route. Only downsides are it can only do one recipe at a time and will drop the product on the ground. Another option is automagy. There's a golem crafting table(forget what it's called exactly) which can do up to 3x3 of the same item or 2x2 if there are multiple items (been a while since I've read the entry, but I believe that to be correct).
Obsidian pipe/hungry chest/hopperhock/hopper works great to catch those results though :)

SparkmanTX

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone else had any experience with enhanced inventories chest with hopper? I made an iron hopper chest with white wool and birch planks and pipped it on top of my crucible to queue many ores, and crashed. Luckily I came back and could still enter the world. Chest was gone, but honestly, I count that as a bonus. I don't want no world crashing chests....

I had the exact same thing happen the other day. Only lost 5 stacks of cobble so I wasn't livid. I was thinking it was because I used a non-vanilla wood but seeing as you got the same result with birch I guess that's not entirely the case.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know of a spreadsheet, etc for things that increase altar(witchery) power? I know there are lots of things that increase it, but was wondering if there were numbers for each thing. Things like the witchery plants, snowbell, wolfsbane, etc don't seem to give a huge jump even with loads of them. Just wondering.

Also, did anyone find a way to get your own head?

Reactions: Liquid Klone

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
I had the exact same thing happen the other day. Only lost 5 stacks of cobble so I wasn't livid. I was thinking it was because I used a non-vanilla wood but seeing as you got the same result with birch I guess that's not entirely the case.
Tried it again on the seed analyzer. Worked fine till it was done/almost done. Crash. I've officially written off the hopper chests.