[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

ReconCs5

Jul 29, 2019
So first of all great modpack, i'm having a great time playing it, but
as of today my world crashes when i load it, which is pretty annoying since i put a lot of time in it.
I'm probably going to start a new one, still here is the crash log maybe someone can help me.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// There are four lights!

Time: 19.02.15 09:43
Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.NullPointerException: Exception in server tick loop
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.<init>(QuestingData.java:518)
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.readAllData(QuestingData.java:477)
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData$1.read(QuestingData.java:403)
at hardcorequesting.network.FileHelper.loadData(FileHelper.java:102)
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.load(QuestingData.java:432)
at hardcorequesting.WorldEventListener.onLoad(WorldEventListener.java:23)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_512_WorldEventListener_onLoad_Load.invoke(.dynamic)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:138)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71247_a(IntegratedServer.java:73)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71197_b(IntegratedServer.java:92)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:387)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
So first of all great modpack, i'm having a great time playing it, but
as of today my world crashes when i load it, which is pretty annoying since i put a lot of time in it.
I'm probably going to start a new one, still here is the crash log maybe someone can help me.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// There are four lights!

Time: 19.02.15 09:43
Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.NullPointerException: Exception in server tick loop
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.<init>(QuestingData.java:518)
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.readAllData(QuestingData.java:477)
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData$1.read(QuestingData.java:403)
at hardcorequesting.network.FileHelper.loadData(FileHelper.java:102)
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.load(QuestingData.java:432)
at hardcorequesting.WorldEventListener.onLoad(WorldEventListener.java:23)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_512_WorldEventListener_onLoad_Load.invoke(.dynamic)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:138)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71247_a(IntegratedServer.java:73)
at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71197_b(IntegratedServer.java:92)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:387)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

I'm no expert at crash reports but... I did do a google search and found this could be due to corrupt HQM data you can try resetting it by going into your world folder > HardcroreQuesting & back-up/delete everying in there then start the world up again. If it works then either use cheat mode NEI or gamemode 1 to get the quest book OP edition and complete the quests upto the point you got to - again I'm no expert so you can try as I suggested or wait for someone more familiar with crash reports.

Last edited:
Reactions: thephoenixlodge

helicopterhelen

Jul 29, 2019
I am really enjoying this pack, has been my favourite HQM ever so far, but sadly I am pretty stuck now because of the quest book lag.

For me it seems to only occur on specific pages, when I get further down the quest line. Specifically the Botania/Witchery page (when I get to the right hand page) and the second seeds page (when I get to the extreme stone). All the other pages are a bit laggy, but still playable.

Hope someone can work out a fix for this soon as I really want to keep going with this, having so much fun!

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
I am really enjoying this pack, has been my favourite HQM ever so far, but sadly I am pretty stuck now because of the quest book lag.

For me it seems to only occur on specific pages, when I get further down the quest line. Specifically the Botania/Witchery page (when I get to the right hand page) and the second seeds page (when I get to the extreme stone). All the other pages are a bit laggy, but still playable.

Hope someone can work out a fix for this soon as I really want to keep going with this, having so much fun!

I made a post about this yesterday and will quote the pack creator -

I'm aware that this is the case. Unfortunately there isn't a huge amount I can do about it as I can't really cut out more of the requirements for those quests. I've got a few plans for rejigging things a little bit, which will likely alleviate this a little further in 0.7, but I've barely started on 0.7 at this point due to limited free time recently.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019

I made a post about this yesterday and will quote the pack creator -
Since I've actually implemented the changes I mentioned and I'm in a good mood, here is a download for the current state of the quests as I've done for 0.7. To install these just drop the file in the /config/hqm directory within the pack instance, replacing the existing file. I'm curious to see how much of an impact these changes will have on the lag caused by nested requirements. Bear in mind that the garden soil requirements for Magic crops and flower seeds aren't actually a thing in 0.6.5, and the sheep spawn egg quest won't be completable as you won't have a recipe for it.
Quest Changes:
- Added a new quest in "What the World Came to" to reflect the new requirement for Tilled Garden Soil for Magic crops
- Added a quest about the garden trowel and flower arranging
- Bumped rep requirement for "The Witching Hour" from 20 to 30 to account for recent additions making the quest available slightly too early
- Added a quest for the forestry worktable
- Rejigged a large number of requirements that previously required completing certain seed quests to instead require new hidden conditional quests for the appropriate resources. This *should* also reduce the amount of nested requirements causing lag with some quests.
- Added 31 new quests to "The Life of the World" for the various seeds that can be mutated with Agricraft
- Removed Subdued spirits from quest "Dream a Little Dream of Me" as they can prove rather difficult to obtain before you've necessarily got a dream rather than a nightmare
- Added a quest for the sheep spawn egg now that it has a recipe
- Rejigged a number of quest rewards - including nerfing many of the floral fertilizer reward amounts as it was a little too potent with very little need to ever make more.

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
Since I've actually implemented the changes I mentioned and I'm in a good mood, here is a download for the current state of the quests as I've done for 0.7. To install these just drop the file in the /config/hqm directory within the pack instance, replacing the existing file. I'm curious to see how much of an impact these changes will have on the lag caused by nested requirements. Bear in mind that the garden soil requirements for Magic crops and flower seeds aren't actually a thing in 0.6.5, and the sheep spawn egg quest won't be completable as you won't have a recipe for it.
Quest Changes:
- Added a new quest in "What the World Came to" to reflect the new requirement for Tilled Garden Soil for Magic crops
- Added a quest about the garden trowel and flower arranging
- Bumped rep requirement for "The Witching Hour" from 20 to 30 to account for recent additions making the quest available slightly too early
- Added a quest for the forestry worktable
- Rejigged a large number of requirements that previously required completing certain seed quests to instead require new hidden conditional quests for the appropriate resources. This *should* also reduce the amount of nested requirements causing lag with some quests.
- Added 31 new quests to "The Life of the World" for the various seeds that can be mutated with Agricraft
- Removed Subdued spirits from quest "Dream a Little Dream of Me" as they can prove rather difficult to obtain before you've necessarily got a dream rather than a nightmare
- Added a quest for the sheep spawn egg now that it has a recipe
- Rejigged a number of quest rewards - including nerfing many of the floral fertilizer reward amounts as it was a little too potent with very little need to ever make more.

Thank you so much I will test this our for you now & update on the lag/fps drop a.s.ap.

Last edited:

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
No urgent rush, I'm going to bed now so I won't see until the morning anyway.

Ok no problem :) So before the new file my average FPS = 45 - 60 and with the quest book open FPS would drop to 10 - 15 and now with the new quest file average FPS = 45 - 60 and with book open FPS = 25 - 30 with the expection of "what the world is built from" staying around 10 - 15 FPS. So a very repectful increase and I think you deserve an extra big THANK YOU for your hard work and releasing this file early :) Also if you ever want me test some changes &/or mod additions let me know as I'll be happy to test them for you & I enjoy starting fresh so deletion/corruption of world don't really bother me :)

Edit: Started another new world to try out the new seed quests but still have my other too :)

Last edited:

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Not sure how, I found trees gated behind mutandis which requires mandrake. Pretty sure I got my carrot and potato from zombie drops - then bred to make pumpkin watermelon a flower then cactus - All within 1 hour? Ya gotta stick that up on youtube man, thats incredible.

I agree the dead wood - slabs - planks is a little odd, but I figured it out pretty quick while making the seed analyser.
you get Carrots, wheat and potatoes from a quest and then Bell seeds from the dead grass. you only need to set them up to cross breed while growing. No mob farming is required.
Note: Quest for the seed reward is Grass-ping at straw. FYI.

Last edited:

almightyfoon

Jul 29, 2019
Do they have sufficient light to grow in?

Its got a clear view to the sky (I've got a few rows of dirt outside of my hidey hole that I use to improve plants) and a torch within a few blocks. I've used this same line of dirt to grow Copper Seeds and the infused seeds were the next seed slotted for that line of dirt. And they are on wet farmland and I've got crosscrops next to it, I can post some screenshots when I get off work.

ReconCs5

Jul 29, 2019
I'm no expert at crash reports but... I did do a google search and found this could be due to corrupt HQM data you can try resetting it by going into your world folder > HardcroreQuesting & back-up/delete everying in there then start the world up again. If it works then either use cheat mode NEI or gamemode 1 to get the quest book OP edition and complete the quests upto the point you got to - again I'm no expert so you can try as I suggested or wait for someone more familiar with crash reports.

Well doesn't seem to help the only thing helping is disabling hqm, which in my oppinion is not a very good solution.
maybe I should wait a little bit before creating a new world

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
Well doesn't seem to help the only thing helping is disabling hqm, which in my oppinion is not a very good solution.
maybe I should wait a little bit before creating a new world

Hmmm if deleting the contents of the HardcoreQuesting file inside your world file is not working then exit out of the game entirely then go to Regrowth > saves > world and delete the HardcoreQuesting folder & if this is on a server do the same for the world file on the server then start up Regrowth again.

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
For those following my little TV like youtube series, the next episode is out. All concerning the Greatwood tree and pursuing TC
I've added a new background music track I stumbled apon that the fit for the series was so uncanny I had to put it in.

earlbrownie

Jul 29, 2019
I'm finding early-mid game storage a bit of a bother as I have so many different things to store that I'm using too many double chests for my liking
Would there be any possibility to add iron chests/better chests to this pack or is that a mod that you specifically left out for a reason
Sorry to be a pain

helicopterhelen

Jul 29, 2019
The quest download has completely fixed the lag issues for me! I went from getting 0-1FPS in the book before, to getting ~60FPS in the book now! Thanks so much for this, can't wait to get further through :D

Reactions: MissLid

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm finding early-mid game storage a bit of a bother as I have so many different things to store that I'm using too many double chests for my liking
Would there be any possibility to add iron chests/better chests to this pack or is that a mod that you specifically left out for a reason
Sorry to be a pain

Once you have a decent cotton farm make the baggineses bags as they can be stored in each other i.e. bag in a bag and then put in a chest that easily cuts down on storage.

Baconus_Yum

Jul 29, 2019
I love this pack, but I want to know if there are any public servers for this pack. I have only found 2 servers, the first one is Mentats, but I don't want to pay, and the second one is for some reason in hardcore and it is japanize or Chinese. Are there any other servers out there?