[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Haighyorkie

Jul 29, 2019
Slimeballs, I'm trying to get stuff together for my stream at some point during the week. Slimeballs are beginning to become a real pain. I need a slimeball for the rune of summer but short of getting into bees for propolis there's no other way of currently getting slimeballs. The alchemy option from botania requires gold to make the alchemy block. The only slimes that seem to spawn are the blue ones. Am I missing something glaringly obvious?

Dark721

Jul 29, 2019
@Haighyorkie

Not sure how far in you are, but botania is the best option for early game slime. Getting the gold once you get the nether is actually pretty easy if you follow along the mining levels and get a bit of alumite then you just need some nature seeds for the cactus.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Slimeballs, I'm trying to get stuff together for my stream at some point during the week. Slimeballs are beginning to become a real pain. I need a slimeball for the rune of summer but short of getting into bees for propolis there's no other way of currently getting slimeballs. The alchemy option from botania requires gold to make the alchemy block. The only slimes that seem to spawn are the blue ones. Am I missing something glaringly obvious?
The seasonal runes are the gateway into the tier 3 crops, and as such you'll be able to make them once you get through some of the tier 2 crops. In this instance, you can get both gold and blaze seeds in tier 2, allowing you to make the alchemy catalyst.

AUSGrizzly

Jul 29, 2019
Had an idea the other night...
Instead of letting the player instantly punch wood, encourage the use of the making of the tools by making it that you can't punch the logs. Have Dead Shrubs (Vanilla perhaps) also spawning in the world which drop sticks when hit and maybe even make the Shale patches uncollectable without a shovel by placing down something that drops 1 flint or something. This would force the player to make the tools like you planned...

Also. Another thought about the Shale, wouldn't it be more fitting to make them have the same texture (Sound of walking over/interacting with) as Gravel? The Sand sound just doesn't sound right...

yovliporat

Jul 29, 2019
Just checking but I don't think it'll be an issue- am I allowed to do a youtube let's play of this pack? and are there gonna be major updates I should wait for before starting the let's play so I won't have to restart the world?

Thanks in any case, this pack is really cool and hopefully will be even better in the future!

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Just checking but I don't think it'll be an issue- am I allowed to do a youtube let's play of this pack? and are there gonna be major updates I should wait for before starting the let's play so I won't have to restart the world?

Thanks in any case, this pack is really cool and hopefully will be even better in the future!
You're welcome to do so. The next major update (0.6) should be out fairly soon, I'm just waiting on a couple of mod updates and need to write a few more quests before the release, but a world reset *Shouldn't* be necessary hopefully.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
It's something that will take a fair amount of work on my end, simply because I basically have to breed seeds up to that in creative to be able to add them to quests

You can MineTweaker 10/10/10 seeds with something like:
Code:
val seeds = <minecraft:wheat_seeds>;
recipes.addShaped(seeds.withTag({strength: 10, analyzed: 1 as byte, gain: 10, growth: 10}), [[seeds, seeds]]);

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
You can MineTweaker 10/10/10 seeds with something like:
Code:
val seeds = <minecraft:wheat_seeds>;
recipes.addShaped(seeds.withTag({strength: 10, analyzed: 1 as byte, gain: 10, growth: 10}), [[seeds, seeds]]);
It's not minetweaker that I'm talking about, this is for making them required for quests, which means having them in my inventory in my dev/test world

lbjodom

Jul 29, 2019
It's not minetweaker that I'm talking about, this is for making them required for quests, which means having them in my inventory in my dev/test world
but with that minetweaker you can temp make a recipe to get the ones you need craft them and then use those for quest then remove the minetweaker recipe

Spacecowboy

Jul 29, 2019
Phoenix, I know you mentioned earlier some sort of attempt to mess with perhaps giving essence seeds a bit of a bump at the start... perhaps a pinch of magic fertilizer early on to keep one from having to hurry up and wait could help, or tweak the recipe to make it more readily available? Made a new world, and the first essence quests were definitely been the biggest time consumer thus far, and I'm currently mostly done with T3 seeds, and waiting on diamonds to continue moving forward and just about to delve into Thaumcraft.

Looking forward to 0.60, and to the quests you make for it!