[1.7.10] Pathfinder [Peaceful][HQM][Tech][Adventure][Listed]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I have a question: how did you store all dimlets?

:( inventory glitch ate my bag with all my tools (their experience) and my best seeds.

Old EE did one thing absolutey right: if you lost a bag you could remake the same color!

You had a list of good questions. Experimenting with RFTools is silly now because it breaks your world if you add feature none along with tendrils and orbs the game crashes and you must restore from backup, start the game and load the game.
For order answers, you can store and then extract possible worlds with the dimension enscriber (as poorly named as factorio's inserters for the same reason).

For answers see Mystcraft because RFTools is a futuristic Mystcraft with cheaper models.

Why does a single bug make experimenting silly? BTW. I will try what you say and fix it if that indeed crashes the game. Edit: didn't manage to crash it. Can you tell me exactly what dimlets you used and also what crash you had?

BTW, using Feature None together with other feature dimlets is not that useful.

What do you mean by cheaper models btw?

Last edited:

J.A.F.U

Jul 29, 2019
And no. Everything's meant to be random. I want replayability.

Just my 2 pence, but if, for argument's sake, a random world gives you everything instantly, it might just stop replayability there. But yeah, random is still a nice aspect to have.

Also glad to know you're changing that recipe!

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Just my 2 pence, but if, for argument's sake, a random world gives you everything instantly, it might just stop replayability there. But yeah, random is still a nice aspect to have.
This is an interesting perspective JAFU, and a bit open to speculation, so I'm curious to get yours and Jitty's clarification.

Could you define "gives you everything instantly" in a way that is both reasonably "everything instantly" AND possible with mcJty's random dimensions?

For instance, you already get "virtually everything" in any world that resembles the homeworld, because the home world contains virtually all possible resources. Of course, you still have to go mine them, which brings me to the "instantly" part. You probably mean something closer to "large quantities of all resources which are stupidly easy to access"; for instance mountains and rivers made out of all the various resources.

In which case I have to ask @McJty, is this sort of thing possible with the default loser 3-dimlet dimension we create?

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
This is an interesting perspective JAFU, and a bit open to speculation, so I'm curious to get yours and Jitty's clarification.

Could you define "gives you everything instantly" in a way that is both reasonably "everything instantly" AND possible with mcJty's random dimensions?

For instance, you already get "virtually everything" in any world that resembles the homeworld, because the home world contains virtually all possible resources. Of course, you still have to go mine them, which brings me to the "instantly" part. You probably mean something closer to "large quantities of all resources which are stupidly easy to access"; for instance mountains and rivers made out of all the various resources.

In which case I have to ask @McJty, is this sort of thing possible with the default loser 3-dimlet dimension we create?

Well the three dimlets that you get for your first world ensure that you get at least a world that will have ores so you can do something useful. If you leave those out then there is a chance you don't get anything. i.e. you might get another base block or you might get a void age. But since there are only three dimlets there is still a lot of randomness possible. You can still get tendrils, orbs, eternal rain, purple sky, withers spawning (but good that pathfinder plays in peaceful :), ...

I hope I understood the question right though? Not 100% sure.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Well the three dimlets that you get for your first world ensure that you get at least a world that will have ores so you can do something useful. If you leave those out then there is a chance you don't get anything. i.e. you might get another base block or you might get a void age. But since there are only three dimlets there is still a lot of randomness possible. You can still get tendrils, orbs, eternal rain, purple sky, withers spawning (but good that pathfinder plays in peaceful :), ...

I hope I understood the question right though? Not 100% sure.
The question was a bit vague (unintentional) and also it disconnected a bit (I should have said "random" dimension, not 3-dimlet).
I suppose the major question is, can a completely random world produce an uber-get-everything world, where you have orbs of gold and diamond and cobalt, and rivers of redstone, and all that good stuff?

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
The question was a bit vague (unintentional) and also it disconnected a bit (I should have said "random" dimension, not 3-dimlet).
I suppose the major question is, can a completely random world produce an uber-get-everything world, where you have orbs of gold and diamond and cobalt, and rivers of redstone, and all that good stuff?

In theory yes. The chance of that happening is rather slim but it is possible.
Note that in normal rftools (outside of pathfinder) you would have to pay for those random features with 10% of the normal cost. So if you really get a random very powerful dimension you will still have to pay a considerable cost but only 10% of what it was if it wasn't random.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
In theory yes. The chance of that happening is rather slim but it is possible.
Note that in normal rftools (outside of pathfinder) you would have to pay for those random features with 10% of the normal cost. So if you really get a random very powerful dimension you will still have to pay a considerable cost but only 10% of what it was if it wasn't random.
Makes sense. Good system. Thanks.

Decibull

Jul 29, 2019
This is driving me crazy. What am I doing wrong? If I put a Time Normal dimlet in, why does it come out as permanent night? If I put in Material Nether Quartz -> Terrain Normal, why does no nether quartz appear?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Playing some pathfinder tonight. Particularly dumb question gents: which of these fricking machines is actually running my dimensions, ie sustaining the RF cost?

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Playing some pathfinder tonight. Particularly dumb question gents: which of these fricking machines is actually running my dimensions, ie sustaining the RF cost?
Dimensions don't require constant power in Pathfinder, so none.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Dimensions don't require constant power in Pathfinder, so none.
Yeah, I just found the answer in the manual: its technically the "dimension builder" which sustains the dimension, and we have a creative version.

I'm a bit disappointed that I can create uber dimensions but whatever. I'll run with it, I just found a rocket fuel dimlet that I'm curious about.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I just found the answer in the manual: its technically the "dimension builder" which sustains the dimension, and we have a creative version.

I'm a bit disappointed that I can create uber dimensions but whatever. I'll run with it, I just found a rocket fuel dimlet that I'm curious about.

Ha I found one of those legendary yellorium dimlets. :D

Baleyscool

Jul 29, 2019
I have been wanting to play this mod pack on my mac but whenever i open it,it closes out of the ftb launcher and i have been wondering if any of you can help me with that

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
I have been wanting to play this mod pack on my mac but whenever i open it,it closes out of the ftb launcher and i have been wondering if any of you can help me with that

Post your crash log, in spoilers or upload to pastebin & link it, plus any & all info relating to crash, os, java version etc, I have not a clue about mac's but I am sure some one does.

F4lL3nD4rKs3

Jul 29, 2019
Great pack finished the quests yesterday. I obtained a ps very early on and found that with the ps paired with the alloy furnace recipes for the rf receiver and the tool furnace slab made iron and gold too easy to craft to feel the need to explore and make the extra worlds. Maybe if the ps wasn't craftable and only a quest reward (possibly the rf network quest in chapter 2) it would encourage more exploration and remove the need to inhibit the emc values of all the end game items.Still had fun though but i feel that once i had the ps the progression got lost.Keep up the good work its a really solid pack.

TLDR: Awesome Pack;maybe delay the ps if possible;Again this is an Awesome Pack.

Last edited:
Reactions: egor66