[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

Futuradu63

Jul 29, 2019
what map download?

Just download the mod pack from the third party section in the ftb launcher and start a new world.
There is no map download.

The map is Material Energy^4
It means that I do but when I create a new world in minecraft nothing happens apart my normal one.
I do not understand how to make the march

Evelyne Lachance

Jul 29, 2019
Queen's gold is a really, really weird metal.

1- The recipe says 8 gold + 1 emerald = 8 queen's gold but that's wholly incorrect. 64 Gold + 1 emerald = 64 Queen's Gold. And since nuggets are 1/9th and not 1/8th of an ingot, that's the only calculation that works without any leftovers.
2- In the smeltery, 1 ingot shows as 144mb, instead of 1000mb. Not the biggest issue but fairly annoying.
3- A Queen's Gold Ingot cannot repair a queen's gold tool. The battleaxe that's provided as a reward, the hammer I did the first time... none of the repairs work. So... the tools are useless and can not be used beyond their durability unless you have repair on them.

This has been the case for a t least a couple of versions but I forgot to report it. ;)

The_Catman

Jul 29, 2019
Queen's gold is a really, really weird metal.

1- The recipe says 8 gold + 1 emerald = 8 queen's gold but that's wholly incorrect. 64 Gold + 1 emerald = 64 Queen's Gold. And since nuggets are 1/9th and not 1/8th of an ingot, that's the only calculation that works without any leftovers.
2- In the smeltery, 1 ingot shows as 144mb, instead of 1000mb. Not the biggest issue but fairly annoying.
3- A Queen's Gold Ingot cannot repair a queen's gold tool. The battleaxe that's provided as a reward, the hammer I did the first time... none of the repairs work. So... the tools are useless and can not be used beyond their durability unless you have repair on them.

This has been the case for a t least a couple of versions but I forgot to report it. ;)

I don't know much about the rest of what you're talking about, but ingots of any material have always been 144mb each. That way it's easily divisible by 9 for nuggets (16mb), 2 for chunks (72mb), and the block form (1296mb) is only a little bit of from a full bucket (1000mb), among various divisions for other material formats from other mods such as small piles if dust and what not i don't know the exact math for off the top of my head.

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
Okay what's the mod that gives skeletons weakness arrows, among other things? I am removing that, because HOLY CRAP that is the least fun I have ever had. Skeletons are annoying enough without making all your attacks do 1 damage.

Also, I gotta say, forcing the player to clear out large isolated dark rooms with no choke points and no good equipment is one of the worst possible things you can do in minecraft. This is not fun. I'm tempted to just put it on peaceful.

Edit: Okay, it's Mine and Blade 2, the config can be changed to prevent skeletons from using the special arrows. It certainly didn't seem like it was a 10% chance!

Last edited:

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
Also, I gotta say, forcing the player to clear out large isolated dark rooms with no choke points and no good equipment is one of the worst possible things you can do in minecraft. This is not fun. I'm tempted to just put it on peaceful.

I thought the same when I first started playing ME3. Then I started using Florbs (Lava or Pyrotheum). WOW what a difference!

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019

Seems like all the metals from Tinker's Defense have this problem (Queens Gold, Dogbearium, and Aeon Steel). Really annoying to put Aeon Steel on my pickaxe, and not realize you can't repair until it's nearly broken. At that point, it took FOOOOOREVER to auto-repair to full so I could swap out the head. If it wasn't so leveled with tons of mods on it already, I probably would have just thrown it away.

It does look like there's a newer version available that might fix the problem. It's probably worth a shot. I no longer have one of these tools to try it on.
http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/226910-tinkers-defense/files/2226275
Fixed issue with pouring custom metal ingots and blocks having the wrong metadata and not working in crafting.

Daniel Patrick

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if this is an issue with the pack or the server, but I am trying to play ME^4 on my server, I have the modpack installed, but whenever I log in to the server it spawns me in a black empty world, however when I create a local server using the FTB server on there, the world loads fine. Does anybody know why that is, or how I could solve it?

SecretSnake55

Jul 29, 2019
Bug report random crash on opening reward bags

[10:55:24] [Server thread/ERROR]: Encountered an unexpected exception

net.minecraft.util.ReportedException: Ticking memory connection

at net.minecraft.network.NetworkSystem.func_151269_c(NetworkSystem.java:181) ~[nc.class:?]

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:659) ~[MinecraftServer.class:?]

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547) ~[MinecraftServer.class:?]

at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:186) ~[bsx.class:?]

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427) [MinecraftServer.class:?]

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685) [?:?]

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

at net.minecraft.item.ItemStack.func_77976_d(ItemStack.java:187) ~[add.class:?]

at hardcorequesting.quests.Quest.addItems(Quest.java:1467) ~[Quest.class:?]

at hardcorequesting.bag.Group.open(Group.java:96) ~[Group.class:?]

at hardcorequesting.items.ItemBag.func_77659_a(ItemBag.java:83) ~[ItemBag.class:?]

at net.minecraft.item.ItemStack.func_77957_a(ItemStack.java:146) ~[add.class:?]

at net.minecraft.server.management.ItemInWorldManager.func_73085_a(ItemInWorldManager.java:316) ~[mx.class:?]

at net.minecraft.network.NetHandlerPlayServer.func_147346_a(NetHandlerPlayServer.java:539) ~[nh.class:?]

at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C08PacketPlayerBlockPlacement.func_148833_a(SourceFile:60) ~[jo.class:?]

at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C08PacketPlayerBlockPlacement.func_148833_a(SourceFile:9) ~[jo.class:?]

at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.func_74428_b(NetworkManager.java:212) ~[ej.class:?]

at net.minecraft.network.NetworkSystem.func_151269_c(NetworkSystem.java:165) ~[nc.class:?]

... 5 more

[10:55:25] [Server thread/ERROR]: This crash report has been saved to: C:\MineCraft Launchers\MultiMC\instances\MaterialEnergy4\minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2015-03-03_10.55.24-server.txt

[10:55:25] [Server thread/INFO]: Stopping server

[10:55:25] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving players

[10:55:25] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [net.minecraft.client.Minecraft:func_71377_b:349]: ---- Minecraft Crash Report ----

// Shall we play a game?

Time: 3/3/15 10:55 AM

Description: Ticking memory connection

java.lang.NullPointerException: Ticking memory connection

at net.minecraft.item.ItemStack.func_77976_d(ItemStack.java:187)

at hardcorequesting.quests.Quest.addItems(Quest.java:1467)

at hardcorequesting.bag.Group.open(Group.java:96)

at hardcorequesting.items.ItemBag.func_77659_a(ItemBag.java:83)

at net.minecraft.item.ItemStack.func_77957_a(ItemStack.java:146)

at net.minecraft.server.management.ItemInWorldManager.func_73085_a(ItemInWorldManager.java:316)

at net.minecraft.network.NetHandlerPlayServer.func_147346_a(NetHandlerPlayServer.java:539)

at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C08PacketPlayerBlockPlacement.func_148833_a(SourceFile:60)

at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C08PacketPlayerBlockPlacement.func_148833_a(SourceFile:9)

at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.func_74428_b(NetworkManager.java:212)

at net.minecraft.network.NetworkSystem.func_151269_c(NetworkSystem.java:165)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:659)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)

at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:186)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --

Stacktrace:

at net.minecraft.item.ItemStack.func_77976_d(ItemStack.java:187)

at hardcorequesting.quests.Quest.addItems(Quest.java:1467)

at hardcorequesting.bag.Group.open(Group.java:96)

at hardcorequesting.items.ItemBag.func_77659_a(ItemBag.java:83)

at net.minecraft.item.ItemStack.func_77957_a(ItemStack.java:146)

at net.minecraft.server.management.ItemInWorldManager.func_73085_a(ItemInWorldManager.java:316)

at net.minecraft.network.NetHandlerPlayServer.func_147346_a(NetHandlerPlayServer.java:539)

at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C08PacketPlayerBlockPlacement.func_148833_a(SourceFile:60)

at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C08PacketPlayerBlockPlacement.func_148833_a(SourceFile:9)

at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.func_74428_b(NetworkManager.java:212)

-- Ticking connection --

Details:

Connection: net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager@480af6f0

Stacktrace:

at net.minecraft.network.NetworkSystem.func_151269_c(NetworkSystem.java:165)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:659)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)

at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:186)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

The_Catman

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if this is an issue with the pack or the server, but I am trying to play ME^4 on my server, I have the modpack installed, but whenever I log in to the server it spawns me in a black empty world, however when I create a local server using the FTB server on there, the world loads fine. Does anybody know why that is, or how I could solve it?
Try copying the world files from the functional local server to the other one that doesn't work. See if that fixes it.

andi2042

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone tell me how to get this Manganese i feel like i missed it in previous IO´s .
I dont mean this Magnesium which i got tons of ... i just need the Minechem thing that allows me to craft Octadic Capacitators :c pls help me <3

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone tell me how to get this Manganese i feel like i missed it in previous IO´s .
I dont mean this Magnesium which i got tons of ... i just need the Minechem thing that allows me to craft Octadic Capacitators :c pls help me <3

For the octadic capacitors, you can create the needed molecule in Minechem. Simply decompose the Manganese ingots into Mn. Then combine with C, H, and O to make C9H7MnO3. This is basic Minechem mechanics.

worryingmeerkat

Jul 29, 2019
You can get dense manganese ore in one of the spatial chambers before the ice palace drive. There is a chest with 64 in it and some other dense ores.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Okay what's the mod that gives skeletons weakness arrows, among other things? I am removing that, because HOLY CRAP that is the least fun I have ever had. Skeletons are annoying enough without making all your attacks do 1 damage.

Edit: Okay, it's Mine and Blade 2, the config can be changed to prevent skeletons from using the special arrows. It certainly didn't seem like it was a 10% chance!

Once you build up your weapons it starts to be the other way around. And you can platform over the mobs and gravel drop choke points.

Also new cheaty cheaty way to clear any aria.
The matter cannon can shoot paint balls that work like torches. So you have torches you can launch across the room.

The_Catman

Jul 29, 2019
For the octadic capacitors, you can create the needed molecule in Minechem. Simply decompose the Manganese ingots into Mn. Then combine with C, H, and O to make C9H7MnO3. This is basic Minechem mechanics.

He was asking where to get the manganese so he can do that.

Note: Manganese != Magnesium.

Mythos123

Jul 29, 2019

I know theres a way to get them without manganese ore
Because i made a few octadic capacitors before i got the "miners delight^4" spatial where you get manganese as an reward.

Just look through the NEI recipes and you will find it

Homarid

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys I was thinking about updating some mods based on SecretSnake55's suggestion. Is there a general guide for best practices while doing this? I found and downloaded 33 updated mods, but I'm not sure how to implement them. Unfortunately the only mod I really wanted updated hasn't had one yet. :( It was the one that allows you to use metallurgy metals for tinker's construct weapons.

Where is the best place to build a mob farm? I tried the observatory and that failed hard. I was about to do it in the inclusion chamber, but I read that certain things (like mobs) won't be moved when I change the disk.

The last thing for now is what is a good source of platinum. The only one I found so far is sag milling certain ores. I also saw a certain sapling seems to contain it so that is my next goal.

Zulef

Jul 29, 2019
You can create any chemical you need with minechems fusion chamber, find the atomic mass of the elements you need and put 2 that add up to that into the chamber and dump power in.