[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I wasn't sure what this meant, but taking it as a clue I experimented, and eventually tore the coolant ports out of my generator. Like magic, it's back to generating power internally, at 4k RT/t. Quite a bit higher than the 160RT/t my two steam dynamos were producing. Oddly enough, however, both were sufficient for my current needs. My tech progress is fairly low atm :p

Anyway, thanks dude

Using the steam method requires a huge investment in resources to make it worth while no mater if you use a single steam turbine or dozens of steam dynamos. And don't forget the reactors control rods if left by default are at only 5% activity.

ikkonoishi

Jul 29, 2019
So is there anything else cool in Minime Lab except good looking structure and one cookie?

Tons of ineffable glass. Really useful for exploring the spheres to give yourself a safe place to run to if things get bad.

Also Parcel, is there any chance we could get Steve's Factory in? I think we could use it to automate the Fluxed Crystals stuff.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Tons of ineffable glass. Really useful for exploring the spheres to give yourself a safe place to run to if things get bad.

Also Parcel, is there any chance we could get Steve's Factory in? I think we could use it to automate the Fluxed Crystals stuff.

It's not a problem with other mods. Fluxed crystals has no outside inputs. It has to be coded to let things go it. It needs to make a box to hold things. This is called being Isided. Imput sided (I just got what that meant. P: ). And is something completely seperate from the GUI.
So I don't think that is going to work. Not until it that kind of code gets added. Factorization had a round about trick for getting that to work. But I don't think it still exists do to in part most mod devs adding such a feature to there things.

Shurhaian

Jul 29, 2019
It's not a problem with other mods. Fluxed crystals has no outside inputs. It has to be coded to let things go it. It needs to make a box to hold things. This is called being Isided. Imput sided (I just got what that meant. P: ). And is something completely seperate from the GUI.
So I don't think that is going to work. Not until it that kind of code gets added. Factorization had a round about trick for getting that to work. But I don't think it still exists do to in part most mod devs adding such a feature to there things.
I'm pretty sure that, in advanced mode access to inventories, Steve's Factory Manager can choose a specific slot. This maaaay help Fluxed Crystals - I think I was able to inadvertently pull everything out the bottom of my gem refiner, for instance. So on some level there seems to be some default sidedness to the blocks, it's just not in any way sane and it has no idea where to put stuff coming in.

I really hope the mod maker takes the time to sit down and learn UI. I don't mean to say it's easy; a close friend of mine does UI work and I know it's NOT easy. But at least some basic UI love will go a long, long way to making Fluxed Crystals useable - and it needs that more than it needs new features, right now.

RandomHypnotica

Jul 29, 2019
Jared did not say that or at least I know nothing about it.
I just saw update notes in his mod thread:

So I thought "maybe there is no defaut value of dimensionWhitelist parameter..." and I added one manually to .json file... tested.. and it worked.
Parcel probably already knows tho.. I assume he is in direct contact with Jared. I guess he is waiting with an update for some other reasons.

I was thinking about it and then decided NOT to do that for a simple reason: I don't know if Parcel wants to allow us to grow all things in this DIM (meaning DIM1). idk.. maybe he wants to allow legendary reward bag seed only to grow in overworld or nether or sth like that. This hotfix could potentially ruin some progression stuff.

Knowing that it is up to you to hotfix it by yourself. Below are instructions how to do that (if you really want):
In your minecraft config folder there is a folder called "fluxedCrystals" (for example : c:\games\minecraft\MaterialEnergy4\minecraft\config\fluxedCrystals\)
There are few files there with .json extension. All are similar inside and include definitions of all possible seeds, for egample iron:
{
"name":"Iron",
"color":14071681,
"ingredient":"ingotIron",
"dropMin":1,
"dropMax":1,
"growthTime":2400,
"tier":1,
"ingredientAmount":32,
"powerPerStage":4000,
"decorationBlocks":true,
"weightedDrop":"ingotIron",
"weightedDropChance":1,
"refinerAmount":16,
"dimensionWhitelist":1
}

All you have to do is add "dimensionWhitelist":1 somewhere in each definition. Just remember to add a colon in right spot.

edit: it looks like this whole farm thingy is NOT affected by torcherino.. not sure if intended, but also I don't notice any difference with or without the speed upgrade (not tested properly so I'm not 100% sure about the second statement)

Ok, so I tried doing this, and I end up with all of the seed configs looking like this
{
"name":"Compressed Cobble",
"color":7368816,
"ingredient":"ExtraUtilities:cobblestone_compressed;3",
"ingredientAmount":10,
"weightedDrop":"ExtraUtilities:cobblestone_compressed;3",
"refinerAmount":16
},

Which, as far as I can tell, is Identical to what you said to do, yet, my game then crashed on startup with the new configs... I have tried everything and can't get it to work...

Coolaidstyle

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I am getting huge FPS hits when I draw back my TC shortbow. Its just a slime and string bow and I go from about 200 FPS to around 40 while the bow animation is active. Any ideas?

Also I am tearing up the Reds area and cannot for the life of me find the wool box. Any hints? Please tell me its not in the silverfish blocks...

Shurhaian

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so I tried doing this, and I end up with all of the seed configs looking like this
},

Which, as far as I can tell, is Identical to what you said to do, yet, my game then crashed on startup with the new configs... I have tried everything and can't get it to work...

You're actually missing a comma on the line before the new one. It should be:

"refinerAmount":16,
},

Duckyy19

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason i cannot enable HQM I've tried doing it through the server console in creeper host i've tried doing it as op just always say i don't have permission

Qcor

Jul 29, 2019
{
"name":"Compressed Cobble",
"color":7368816,
"ingredient":"ExtraUtilities:cobblestone_compressed;3",
"ingredientAmount":10,
"weightedDrop":"ExtraUtilities:cobblestone_compressed;3",
},

As stated before - you are missing a comma.
Just use the files I uploaded, it'll be faster than adding 100 commas :)

Attachments

• fluxedCrystals.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 77

ShadowmanZ92

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry if someone asked this already, but what do I use to automate the Pulverizer? The vanilla hopper doesn't work, and a lot of videos have a different kind of hopper do it instead, or they use transport pipes from BuildCraft. Anyone have any ideas?

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
Mind posting a picture of where you are putting your mini mes?
Here you go. I've done both sides like this.

1502537_10204762755302077_3252616384621016285_n.jpg

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
Sorry if someone asked this already, but what do I use to automate the Pulverizer? The vanilla hopper doesn't work, and a lot of videos have a different kind of hopper do it instead, or they use transport pipes from BuildCraft. Anyone have any ideas?

The vanilla hopper should work just fine. With the TE machines, you have to set which sides you want to have input or output. They will also output directly into a chest or other machine.

5il3nc3r

Jul 29, 2019

When you access the Pulverizer's GUI, on the right side are tabs, one with a redstone dust, and one with a gear. Click on the one with a gear.
This will show you all the sides f the machine as an unfolded cube, with colors on them to indicate their desired functionality. (Center one is front, the one above is top, the one to the left is left and the one bottom right is back)
As you click on the faces, you'll cycle through the colors (you can left-click or right-click, to cycle forward or backwards) As you do, you'll see colors show up and leave in the GUI itself. As a base guide, Blue is always input, Orange is always output. You have a few other colors for more advanced control, for example, you can have a red side, which will only output what you get in the "extra" slot of the pulverizer.

Most of this applies to all TE machines, with more or less colors. The Furnace will only have blue and orange, the induction smelter will have blue, orange, green, purple, etc.

So if you want to automate the pulverizer, make sure that the slot you place your hopper on is blue, and wherever you want it to output is set to orange. Most TE machines will auto output, although that's now optional in the new version of the mod.